When will tekkit have ee and quarrys again

RNC1410

Equivalent Exchange is generally considered overpowered and Buildcraft (the mod that adds quarries) is known for causing quite a bit of lag.

There's usually a few servers that have them enabled, you just have to look a bit harder.

BC? Lag? lolwut. Computercraft and RP2 timers more like.

RNC1410 - EE sucks. Just go on my server, we have BC. -snip-. Excuse the temporary 5 player cap...

BC? Lag? lolwut. Computercraft and RP2 timers more like.

RNC1410 - EE sucks. Just go on my server, we have BC. -snip-. Excuse the temporary 5 player cap...

Yes, BC. Lag.

Mostly due to the fact that it moves every single item through tubes individually, instead of in full stacks like RP. Also, how do you suppose BC engines move one item every second or whatever? That's right! They have internal timers!

So they both use timers, and BC makes 64 times as many tube pathing calculations than a properly built RP system (which can do all the same things other than powering geothermals. @ OP: learn how to make a frame ship with IC2 miners or block breakers installed, and you will get far more ores far more automatically than with a quarry.)

depends on the server and on the machines you built. A single redstone engine pumping full blast wont cause any noticeable lag, of course. And 40 of them won't cause any noticeable lag either if you have an intel i9 processor and 20 megabytes upload speed or some shiz.

But IN GENERAL, redpower can do the same thing as BC with dramatically less lag when done right, so a lot of servers just dont bother worrying about it.

depends on the server and on the machines you built. A single redstone engine pumping full blast wont cause any noticeable lag, of course. And 40 of them won't cause any noticeable lag either if you have an intel i9 processor and 20 megabytes upload speed or some shiz.

But IN GENERAL, redpower can do the same thing as BC with dramatically less lag when done right, so a lot of servers just dont bother worrying about it.

There's also a balance aspect... It's much easier to build a BC quarry. Efficient RP2 quarries take real skill to make.

If you want a quick stand-in for the Quarries, use IC2 miners. They're about as effective, though they take a little more work in terms of supplying and they don't look as cool, but on the other hand they don't destroy the whole frakkin' world. I think they're faster for minerals but slower for building materials, so it depends on what you want.

EE is just garbidge in SMP. end of line no discution there

For quarrys we have a small but simple solution.

Use transporter and create a second world. Use Noitem.Noplace."QuarryID" World

now your placers can only place quarrys in the second world and you just refresh that worlds map every month or so. Solved!

This is how we run it and it works great

and thats probelby why CC is banned on 99% of the servers

Dafuq? No it's not... o_O

Turtle mining is a pain in the ass. Personally I mine with BC quarries until I get to the point where I can replicate any item with mass fabbies and scrapbox factories. I just use turtles to chop trees, do creative griefing and plant nukes. XD

there you go thats why every decent server has CC - Turtles disabled

there is no "Dafuq" about it

...right XD

I run a server with griefing allowed so I'm only worried about duping bugs and shit like that. You're right, turtles are horribad if you don't want grief... They can't break blocks in protected areas but they can still place blocks... aka nukes. XD

Most high pop/popular servers have EE, Quarries, and Mining Turtles (sometimes CC entirely) disabled unless they allow full-scale PVP/Map destruction.

EE is overpowered and exploit ridden; unless the server op/admins put a lot of time into patching/disabling items, the server quickly becomes creative mode with toys. It seems fun at first, but there's no incentive for any gameplay beyond a week or so.

Quarries cause lag; if you haven't seen it yet, wait for a player to puts an iron pipe in the wrong place or screws up their overload loop and then logs out (but leave a chunk loader behind). Those fun characters we all love to ban are great at doing this (among other things) on purpose... all one has to do it set up several quarries near each other, then setup a loop that goes no where...

Turtles, while cool, are also awesome griefing/protection bypass tools and unless one puts work into CC, there's a lot of potential to crash/bring the server to it's knees.

In the interest of full disclosure, our server has all 3 enabled but we've taken a lot of steps to prevent abuse/griefing.

I think by 'most' he means the three servers he has ever visited.

EE being overpowered is only a matter of how you use it.

Most of my factories wouldn't function without supplies of redstone and bonemeal (glowstone I use turtles to collect now :D)

But yes, I would say it's exploitable more than simply overpowered.

I've also pretty much entirely given up on BuildCraft.

While Logistics Pipes are really powerful, they aren't in Tekkit, so RedPower comes an easy second place.

It's way more versatile, and a lot less stressful on the system. They also look cooler, but that's entirely subjective.

Clearly somebody is just making crap up about the turtles being banned on "most" servers or not. One of you just needs to simply back up your claim by visiting the server threads and counting up the top 30 or whatever for how many allow turtles.

Shouldn't you back up your claim? Meh, doesn't matter, I'll bite...

I think by 'most' he means the three servers he has ever visited.

That's a good burn, actually. I like it :).

Anyway, let's go off the first handful of servers in the deluxe list...

ComputerCraft (therefor, also Turtles) Disabled Entirely:

The New Industrial Gaming, Route66MineTekkit, EnchantedCraft, SGTekkit, Tekkify

Computer/Turtles are watched*:

NationsMC

ComputerCraft/Turtles Allowed:

Forgotten Vault, Dalanelane-Tekkit

No, I haven't played on all of these servers, I just did a grab off the first few topics I saw in Deluxe Servers. Still, an initial 5/8 for disabling CC is good batting. Of course, yes, that number could go up or down a lot if I felt like going through the whole subforum. I don't. If you're so eager to prove me wrong, go do the hard work.

* - NationsMC has a rule against running malicous/harmful code on CC blocks, so I would assume this means that the mod is watched/restricted. Of course, assuming makes something out of me....

----

To be honest, this argument/discussion is entirely academic, really. The OP was when Tekkit will have EE and Quarries to which the proper answer is, "It does, but a lot of servers disable and/or heavily modify these mods."