[WIP] MageCraft (Version 0.1.0 Source Code available)

GreenWolf13

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, apparently it didn't reach the character limit, did it? I'm learning to mod, but my level is nowhere nearly good enough to take on such a project, sadly.

Apparently not. I'm not asking you too take on this project. it's something I'm working on, and I figured I'd post the concept now, and add a download link once I have some coding done.

Apparently not. I'm not asking you too take on this project. it's something I'm working on, and I figured I'd post the concept now, and add a download link once I have some coding done.

Oh right, I'm just used to seeing mod's threads in the request section.

Oh right, I'm just used to seeing mod's threads in the request section.

I wouldn't ask someone else to make a mod for me, especially one this complicated. I'm not afraid to ask for help though. This is going to be my first Minecraft mod, so I'll definitely be looking at the code of other mods that have features similar to what I want to implement. Thaumcraft is number one on the list of mods I want to look at the code for, followed by Industrial Craft, Red Power, and Forestry.

This is quite the project GreenWolf13, if you need help, please not hesitate to ask. I'm currently making my own small mod, so I'm OK at coding in Java but I'm much better at sprite work. But wether you ask for my help or not, I will be keeping an eye on this project. I wish you the best of luck!

This is quite the project GreenWolf13, if you need help, please not hesitate to ask. I'm currently making my own small mod, so I'm OK at coding in Java but I'm much better at sprite work. But wether you ask for my help or not, I will be keeping an eye on this project. I wish you the best of luck!

erm... he kind of said that he wasn't afraid to ask for help...?

anway, good luck with this mod! hope you don't get too stuck up your own ass, but if you manage to do this well i will allow you to attempt anal penetration with your head

erm... he kind of said that he wasn't afraid to ask for help...?

anway, good luck with this mod! hope you don't get too stuck up your own ass, but if you manage to do this well i will allow you to attempt anal penetration with your head

This post makes me uncomfortable, for some reason.

I feel strangely like I've seen this one before. Maybe I'm just thinking of thaumcraft, but it's a really nice concept. The only problem I think you'll have is programing it, like Xylord has said, it seems REALLY complex, like Mystcraft worship's it complex. I'd be willing to test it for you but that's all I could do ^.^;;

Wings of Daedalus love the Icarus reference and i believe this is the doctor who reference as well but i cant remember where i know it from.

Thanks. Wings of Daedalus aren't the Doctor awho reference though (at least, not an intentional one).

Suggestion: If the code can support it, how about Delphinus' Burden--basically a water walking spell.

That's a good idea. Equivalent exchange has an amulet that does something similar, so it is possible. Now I have to go see how pahimar gets his power items to work. Yay, more decompiling.

That's a good idea. Equivalent exchange has an amulet that does something similar, so it is possible. Now I have to go see how pahimar gets his power items to work. Yay, more decompiling.

You could simply set water source blocks from "air" to solid for a set period of time--that's the basic implementation of how I'd approach it. (I know there's more involving specific blocks under the player and all that jazz, but that's my take.)

Thanks. Wings of Daedalus aren't the Doctor who reference though (at least, not an intentional one).

Wings of Daedalus is a reference to the Greek myth of Icarus and (his father) Daedalus. Daedalus was a prisoner and an inventor and eventually invented wings for himself and his son so that they could escape. Icarus flew too close to the sun and the wax holding his "wings" together melted, causing him to plummet into the ocean.