Project red crafting pipes

Deathreaper15

Question

We are having issues with the crafting pipes, whenever we try to request anything that is supposed to be crafted from the pipe, it boots the person who attempted to request it, crashing them rarely, even if we only attempt to request 1 item. I am attempting to figure out how to use them but due to this issue i cannot even figure out what is going on and why it won't craft. and the crash report shows no apparent cause for whats happening, anyone know whats going on?

1 answer to this question

19 hours ago, Deathreaper15 said:

We are having issues with the crafting pipes, whenever we try to request anything that is supposed to be crafted from the pipe, it boots the person who attempted to request it, crashing them rarely, even if we only attempt to request 1 item. I am attempting to figure out how to use them but due to this issue i cannot even figure out what is going on and why it won't craft. and the crash report shows no apparent cause for whats happening, anyone know whats going on?

The pipe itself does exactly zero crafting. It will only empty into whatever machine or block you could use to autocraft something.

Also, from my own research:

1. Do not use multi-step crafting recipes. It will boot you off when you try. An example of this: Oak wood to Chest. Wood to planks, Planks to chest. You try crafting chests without enough planks in the system, and it will now boot you as it can't perform the other crafting step automatically.

2. Make sure you have enough space in whatever machine/block you are using. If the crafting pipe has to place one more item in the block's inventory than it can fit, it will bounce back into the system, and the moment it leaves the crafting pipe, the pipe corrupts. Aka causing you to keep on crashing when you relog ( player at area only, does not crash server).

Final statement: ProjectRed autocrafting is so, awfully, insanely broken in past Bteam 1.0.9a or 1.0.10b. I'm really unsure why they didn't just add Applied Energistics...