[3.1.2] FCoFix™ Tekkit Pro [5k FFA PVP/Raid/Grief, Full EE, NO BANNED ITEMS] Reopening Soon

rcmaehl

• Replies 650
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What he means to say is that he allowed his donors the ability to TP (teleport) to anyone if they pay $150.00 in game money. He announced this maybe twice along with one time on how to stop people from TPing to you.. Some poor guy's base was raided due to him being afk during the broadcast and his "pay-to-play" users flooding the base. The poor chap left. I think after this I won't be participating. I wouldn't suggest anyone else to do this either. The night before some donor (pay-to-play user) was flying around looking at the ground. One of the on-line staffers was following him around. the donor fellow stopped in the middle of an ocean and dug down to access a base. The staffer banned said "hacker" but rcmaehl only jailed the "donor" for a limited time stating said staffer banned said "donor-hacker" without cause. (base middle of an ocean = you cant randomly just find something like this).

The seeming FREE tele-port was a method rcmaehl used to "fix" lag on his server. Instead of investigating users that have established bases, he choose to let the players (his donors) use their $ ability to go around and trash people. "Anarchy server", will be his rebuttal. Bad business to let current pay-to-play user harass a user base, this degrades any possibilities of any new donors wishing to donate.

I personally wasn't hit by all this foolishness but I feel for those that were. I consider this another server that if you "pay" you are above the rules. So you like that, please do donate to this chap, if not. . . I wouldn't suggest putting anytime into it.

What he means to say is that he allowed his donors the ability to TP (teleport) to anyone if they pay $150.00 in game money. He announced this maybe twice along with one time on how to stop people from TPing to you.. Some poor guy's base was raided due to him being afk during the broadcast and his "pay-to-play" users flooding the base. The poor chap left. I think after this I won't be participating. I wouldn't suggest anyone else to do this either. The night before some donor (pay-to-play user) was flying around looking at the ground. One of the on-line staffers was following him around. the donor fellow stopped in the middle of an ocean and dug down to access a base. The staffer banned said "hacker" but rcmaehl only jailed the "donor" for a limited time stating said staffer banned said "donor-hacker" without cause. (base middle of an ocean = you cant randomly just find something like this).

The seeming FREE tele-port was a method rcmaehl used to "fix" lag on his server. Instead of investigating users that have established bases, he choose to let the players (his donors) use their $ ability to go around and trash people. "Anarchy server", will be his rebuttal. Bad business to let current pay-to-play user harass a user base, this degrades any possibilities of any new donors wishing to donate.

I personally wasn't hit by all this foolishness but I feel for those that were. I consider this another server that if you "pay" you are above the rules. So you like that, please do donate to this chap, if not. . . I wouldn't suggest putting anytime into it.

You assume way too much especially without all the facts. Actually, going through the logs you're well aware of the facts and are misrepresenting them to make the server look bad.

1. ALL players were allowed to tp to one another, not just donors.

broadcast("&b/tp&d is now enabled for &b$150&d each use. Use &b/tptoggle&d to prevent players from tp-ing to you.")

Due to extensive lag, we've enabled /tp for everyone. It'll cost $150 in-game money per use.

Server will also restart every 30 minutes until the lag problem is fixed.

[22:34:27] ?f[?7|-LVL 04?f]?7 Roger_Roger101?f: Ok so anyone can TP to anyones area? I'm done with this server

[22:35:08] ?f[?7|-LVL 04?f]?7 Roger_Roger101?f: So RC' date=' you allowed anyone to TP to anyone?[/quote']

2. The announcement that /tp was now enabled came with how to disable people tping to you both times.

3. "banned said "donor-hacker" without cause." No, I said they banned the user without proof. Let me paste the logs for you.

4. The banned user appealed his ban and without any evidence supporting the ban, the ban was lifted. That's what a good server owner does.

Here's his appeal: http://fcofix.enjin.com/forum/page/1/m/17413867/viewthread/10824998-appeal-my-ban#p60225166

5. People that pay aren't above the rules. We've both stripped donors of their ranks and banned donors before.

(I'm actually going to have to go back through the logs for this as I haven't had a misbehaving donor in a while)

You sir are commiting fraud.

Having the Trademark logo on something which clearly isn't TM: Is fraud.

The symbols and (Trademark and Servicemark) do not require registration with either the State or USPTO. The symbol ® (Registered Trademark) requires registration however. Feel free to report my server post to the federal authorities or forum moderators though.

You sir are commiting fraud.

Having the Trademark logo on something which clearly isn't TM: Is fraud.

This is incorrect.

The symbols ™ and ℠ (Trademark and Servicemark) do not require registration with either the State or USPTO. The symbol ® (Registered Trademark) requires registration however.

This is correct, with one caveat: if someone violates your TM, you are responsible for protecting it, typically with a cease and desist letter followed by a civil suit if that doesn't work.  If you fail to protect your trademark, you go the way of the escalator, though in your case being genericized is...unlikely.  Disclaimer: IANAL, but I have been to a couple of small classes on IP protection, given my occupation.

Wouldn't you lose players? Which in turn would make other server owners less likely to advertise on yours because of a lack of players?

A valid point, however, there will be limitations on what can be advertised. I'm not going to allow a server TOO similar to mine to advertise on the server.

Also, server is back up.

Edited by rcmaehl