Cannot Get Forge to Load in a Custom Modpack

weds4

Hello, I am trying to start up a minecraft server using the Technic Laucher. I have a temporary modpack called "weds4 test pack." I have the server running, however I cannot get the client to run forge through the Technic installation method.

I have the following file structure: Role Play Modpack.zip>bin, config, mods.

In the bin I have a renamed forge version (forge-1.7.10-10.13.3.1403-1.7.10-universal.jar) as modpack.jar.

In the config I have all the config files for my mods that I downloaded from my server hosting site.

In the mods I have all the mod's .jar files.

The file can either be downloaded through the Technic Launcher search, or from this Dropbox link http://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/ue1sqiuhugqrz10/weds4%20test%20pack.zip which is where the Modpack link points to.

I have been looking at what happens when it installs through technic and it seems the zip file is just unzipped in a regular 1.7.10 file, meaning that my bin file isn't the one being used. How can I make it load correctly? FIxed

New Problem: I cannot get the actual minecraft to run. The technic launcher exits, a CB DepLoader appears then closes, nothing happens for a minute or so, and then the launcher reappears.

I got it working!

Edited by weds4
New Problem - Solved

42 minutes ago, weds4 said:

Snip

1. Your client modpack contains no configs. You should include them, if you ever have to change something.

2. Your modpacks is located in a subfolder, as you zipped the "modpack test folder" not the "bin/config/mods" folder.

Number one is something that might cause issues, number 2 is your actual issue.

Also, good job on getting it from the official sources (or it seems like that :P), we don't see that often :D

Ok, so, I remade the zip so it would correctly place the files. And I added the configs that I got from the sever site and put them in the zip as well. However, after starting to launch (the launcher closes and a java loading window appears) it stops working and returns to the launcher. The minecraft/forge loading window never appears.

Question: There are several sub folders in the config file I got from the server site, should I just move all the configs into the regular folder (and delete the empties)?

26 minutes ago, weds4 said:

Ok, so, I remade the zip so it would correctly place the files. And I added the configs that I got from the sever site and put them in the zip as well. However, after starting to launch (the launcher closes and a java loading window appears) it stops working and returns to the launcher. The minecraft/forge loading window never appears.

Question: There are several sub folders in the config file I got from the server site, should I just move all the configs into the regular folder (and delete the empties)?

No, that is not the issue. The issue is the .zip file I downloaded, from the source you provided. Configs in a folder inside the config folder are not an issue, some mods add their configs in such a way.

Download your own .zip file, open the zipfile, and you will see that you have to open another folder first before you get to the bin/config/mods folder. It should be that if you open the zipfile, you should see the bin/config/mods folders immediately.