Intergrations

MistressSaiya

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What exactly is flowerchild's problem toward the Technic Pack?

My understanding of most of the haters' problems with the technic pack is that you don't have to go through all the ad.fly and ad.craft BULL SHIT to download the mods, therefore you are somehow "stealing" it by bypassing the few cents the mod creator gets from the ad-supported links. I'm sure many of these haters user ad blockers, bit torrent, etc without a second thought.

It's sad that Minecraft is the only gaming community I've seen embrace these terrible ad links, but hey I'm just a freeloader.

My understanding of most of the haters' problems with the technic pack is that you don't have to go through all the ad.fly and ad.craft BULL SHIT to download the mods, therefore you are somehow "stealing" it by bypassing the few cents the mod creator gets from the ad-supported links. I'm sure many of these haters user ad blockers, bit torrent, etc without a second thought.

It's sad that Minecraft is the only gaming community I've seen embrace these terrible ad links, but hey I'm just a freeloader.

But here's the fun part: BECAUSE you don't need to go through all this shit, a lot more people are able, and willing to use the mods and the modders get a lot more donations. But that's "forgotten".

• 2 weeks later...

Don't get me started on EA holy god.

"HEY GUYS, I'VE GOT THIS GREAT IDEA. HOW ABOUT A PROGRAM THAT YOU /HAVE/ TO RUN OUR PROGRAMS THROUGH. AND LET'S MAKE IT TRY TO HAVE ALL THE USES THAT STEAM HAS, WITH NONE OF THE FUNCTIONALITY. ALSO LET'S MAKE IT HOG YOUR CPU AND BE INCOMPATIBLE WITH FUCKING EVERYTHING."

Also, only people who buy the game legit have to suffer though all the computer clogging AP! TIA! A buddy actually paid for mass effect 3 and boy was he sorry when he met origin.

>Paying for video games

I hope you're not still friends with that guy~.

>Paying for video games

I hope you're not still friends with that guy~.

He needs friends now more then ever, to help him get through this tragedy.

Before this descends into piracy chat, lets remember that we don't want that kind of thing on these forums for a lot of very good reasons. It's difficult when EA is the subject I know, but lets try to not outright say we pirate games here. That being said, talking about how fucking stupid EA is is fine.

I never want origin on my computer and I wont buy any EA games until they stop ruining any developing project they touch as well as ruining the gaming industry as a whole. I get that they want to make money, and they should. It's natural to want to protect your products from theaft. However, the way to fight piracy is to make your game easier and less stressful as well as more benificial to get legally then it is to pirate. They don't seem to get that, and the only people who suffer are the people who actually buy their products. I really love how they're so confused when their market research shows that they have an abnormally high piracy rate on their games. WE BETTER THROW MORE AP ON IT THENNNNN!!!! :thumbsup:

He needs friends now more then ever, to help him get through this tragedy.

Before this descends into piracy chat, lets remember that we don't want that kind of thing on these forums for a lot of very good reasons. It's difficult when EA is the subject I know, but lets try to not outright say we pirate games here. That being said, talking about how fucking stupid EA is is fine.

I never want origin on my computer and I wont buy any EA games until they stop ruining any developing project they touch as well as ruining the gaming industry as a whole. I get that they want to make money, and they should. It's natural to want to protect your products from theaft. However, the way to fight piracy is to make your game easier and less stressful as well as more benificial to get legally then it is to pirate. They don't seem to get that, and the only people who suffer are the people who actually buy their products. I really love how they're so confused when their market research shows that they have an abnormally high piracy rate on their games. WE BETTER THROW MORE AP ON IT THENNNNN!!!! :thumbsup:

Origin is the sole reason that I never tried BF3. I watch these videos that make it look super funawesometime, but Origin is just THAT off-putting.

It's really ironic because EA was founded on the principle that it would be the first gaming company (back in the early 80's) that gives it's developers full credit in making the game, which contrasted to Atari at the time, who gave two shits about developers and just wanted games out (see Adventure! and its Easter egg).

Who knew that these 1980's "hipsters" with their "electronic art" would one day become the giant sellout machine of "Same game different name".

It's really ironic because EA was founded on the principle that it would be the first gaming company (back in the early 80's) that gives it's developers full credit in making the game, which contrasted to Atari at the time, who gave two shits about developers and just wanted games out (see Adventure! and its Easter egg).

Who knew that these 1980's "hipsters" with their "electronic art" would one day become the giant sellout machine of "Same game different name".

Wasn't it Activision that split off to make sure that the people who made the games got fair and proper treatment? EA's original thing was "we're not making toys, we're breaking ground in a new medium."

as a .. wait a minute, what was it HK called me? .. em 'STUPID NEWBIE' that was it ... I have no place in this discussion ... (actually, I really don't)

but ...... with an avatar like that, can't we just say yes? ... at least until it gets it kit off ???????

... ;0D xx

as a .. wait a minute, what was it HK called me? .. em 'STUPID NEWBIE' that was it ... I have no place in this discussion ... (actually, I really don't)

but ...... with an avatar like that, can't we just say yes? ... at least until it gets it kit off ???????

... ;0D xx

What the hell is this? Are you drunk?

What the hell is this? Are you drunk?

possibly

about EA: GET THE FUCK OUT OF MY FAVORITE GAME COMPANIES! they bought maxis, which was pretty much the only company i played games from at the time, and turned into "SimEA". What the hell is this shit? now from the pressure of "if we change the mold too much, people will hate it", The Sims franchise has degraded into total shit. I never play TS3 anymore, but i play TS2 quite frequently.