Intergrations

MistressSaiya

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This should be interesting.

It should be. Technic + BTW is a recipe for some delicious drama kake. BTW doesn't play nice as FC has openly admitted. He also doesn't like the pack. Just check the fan art page of the main site. Also this has been posted around these parts before. Give "Technic pack Better then wolves" a Google for bonus content.

This was certainly an original idea that I'm glad was suggested, since nobody's ever thought to do this and it's never caused any form of drama on the Minecraft Forums or anything like that.

Because that would be silly.

Edit: I was advised to take a look at your other posts.

I don't even. For your sake, I hope you saved your old avatar somewhere.

I will be kind and explain to you the three reasons this will never happen in somewhat greater detail. But not much. I'm not feeling that kind.

1: Better Than Wolves is shit.

2: Even if it weren't shit, the coding is shit.

3: Even if it weren't shit and the coding weren't shit, FlowerChild is a possessive lunatic who has deliberately ensured that his mod is incompatible with everything, especially with Forge (the API used by the mods in Technic Pack), because he has a grudge against Eloraam, who is one of the major maintainers of Forge.

I wonder what will happen to his mod's eventual compatibility with Minecraft itself, considering Eloraam's relationship with Mojang right now. Maybe he'll try to make it into a Terraria mod instead?

He'll make it his own game, release a small amount of code to allow for modding, and then change his ToS or whatever and sue everyone who made a mod for it.

Hey, hey, hey!

Easy now.

Notch already lost one of those. :P

Well, he'll just have to sue Bethesda for stealing his lawsuit scheme, won't he?

Sue everyone for everything. He'll be raking in the cash before you know it.

I will be kind and explain to you the three reasons this will never happen in somewhat greater detail. But not much. I'm not feeling that kind.

1: Better Than Wolves is shit.

2: Even if it weren't shit, the coding is shit.

3: Even if it weren't shit and the coding weren't shit, FlowerChild is a possessive lunatic who has deliberately ensured that his mod is incompatible with everything, especially with Forge (the API used by the mods in Technic Pack), because he has a grudge against Eloraam, who is one of the major maintainers of Forge.

Agree ;)

BTW was the first mod I installed for minecraft. It fits very good into the original minecraft and has a lot of new things in it. Also the mechanic part is quite cool. From the mood its more Minecraft than any of the other Technic or Tekkit ones. But also its very incompatible. And I think it doesn't fit into the mood of Technic-Pack, cause most of the features that technic offers are more efficent than the BTW ones. One example: The Hatch is like the Diamond Mining Pipe or the RP2 Sorter, but it isn't that reliable cause you transport the items via water.

BTW was the first mod I installed for minecraft. It fits very good into the original minecraft and has a lot of new things in it. Also the mechanic part is quite cool. From the mood its more Minecraft than any of the other Technic or Tekkit ones. But also its very incompatible. And I think it doesn't fit into the mood of Technic-Pack, cause most of the features that technic offers are more efficent than the BTW ones. One example: The Hatch is like the Diamond Mining Pipe or the RP2 Sorter, but it isn't that reliable cause you transport the items via water.

Yeah I have noticed a lot of the useful stuff from BTW has more efficient counterparts in this pack anyway (like small wind generator blocks rather then the huge windmills). BTW was meant to fit with vanilla Minecraft since it was supposed to be "The update notch should have done instead of adding wolves". BTW was about adding new mechanics and some basic tech ages to MC, Technic/Tekkit is about adding magic, technology, adventure, and efficiency to MC, and the Yogsbox is about adding an epic adventure feel to MC.

Also I think the HELEN KELLER meme is inviting more trolls than warding off idiots.

But half the fun of this place is making fun of them after helping the intelligent people.

I would like at least some of the BTW features to make their way into a decent mod, because I am a person who likes doing things lots of different ways: Even though IC is pretty much the easiest and most efficient power system available and can power Buildcraft and Forestry too, I still like using all three. Even if I don't ever use fuel, I love having massive tanks of it there for fun. So I would love to be able to integrate BTW mechanical power, IC electrical power, RP blulectrical power, EE luminescent power, and BC motive power into one giant system. (Don't say Rube Goldberg.)

I would like at least some of the BTW features to make their way into a decent mod, because I am a person who likes doing things lots of different ways: Even though IC is pretty much the easiest and most efficient power system available and can power Buildcraft and Forestry too, I still like using all three. Even if I don't ever use fuel, I love having massive tanks of it there for fun. So I would love to be able to integrate BTW mechanical power, IC electrical power, RP blulectrical power, EE luminescent power, and BC motive power into one giant system. (Don't say Rube Goldberg.)

Rube Goldberg himself!

Yeah I have noticed a lot of the useful stuff from BTW has more efficient counterparts in this pack anyway (like small wind generator blocks rather then the huge windmills). BTW was meant to fit with vanilla Minecraft since it was supposed to be "The update notch should have done instead of adding wolves".

I actually prefer the giant windmills of btw to the windboxes of IC.

I'm considering a separate install of minecraft just tp play through better than wolves.

I'm waiting for someone to come up with a mod called "Just Enough Items".

On another note, if anyone ever rewrites Better Than Wolves to not suck, they should call it By The Way.

I was thinking Better Than Flowers, but that works too.