I have come back to minecraft after a break of about 2 years and redownloaded the technic laucher to find that the staff/ updating the modpacks is inexistent. There been no new ones and the last update for one was about a year ago. Just wondering is this laucher dead...... What happened to it?

people stopped coming to the forums. We got much more traffic on our Discord server.

As for the packs, CanVox, our main modpack dev, got a job in Twitch so he left

the other admins got busy with real life and so pack development has come to a freeze.

We are still moderating, we still have staff. We just don't develop packs much more. To be honest, how can we compete with the millions of packs that we have today? The platform is filled with everything everyone can imagine. The community itself is doing packs now

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Upikia123
      I really need some help please, it's making like 2 days I'm trying to figure out what's wrong with technic launcher, because everytime I click on play to launch a modpack, it's just closing the technic launcher sreen, load a littlebit and then it just pop-up the technic launcher screen again, I know that Java is not the problem because I tried the 8u25, the 8 251 and the 8 191 version and they all did the same error again and again. I was thinking that my graphic card driver was the problem, but I just updated it to the last version and it did the same. I also did every Windows Update and it did the same again... I would be glad to find a solution.. 
      Here are the last crash report (log) I had:crash-2020-04-19_20.41.04-client.txt
    • By Mikewood
      I was used to play modpacks on the technic launcher. But today i can't start the modpack.
      When i click on the play button, it closes the window like the modpack is normally loading. But after maybe 10 seconds it open the technic launcher window again.  Here is my crash report. I don't know why is it not working. Can anyone help or know the possible fixes ? 

crash-2020-04-17_13.07.04-client.txt
    • By HyWar
      https://www.technicpack.net/modpack/hywar.1537875

Ip: Play.HyWar.xyz

Discord: https://discord.gg/fMKGYC7

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKDWtowIzrbs4I4AekaSWUw
      We have the old 1.7.10 Combat System in this pack so pvp is still fun!
      Featuring 67 Mods, including ICBM, Mekanism, Atomic Science, AE2, Omega Craft, and many more!
      In a world where power and wealth controls it all, or does it? We have a team based war-economy that makes fun for a solo player looking to just to get by or even counter raiding people for fun! We have 3D gun with animations and realistic sounds just like old Infamy did. We have ICBM and Forcefields and Atomic Science like Voltz had and took the best of both old school mod packs and combined them into HyWar!!!
      The server is full of life with different worlds to explore or conquer! We have a custom world with big mountains,valleys,rivers and more! Plenty of structures to loot or call your home! We are always trying to improve our mod community by looking for good staff, good players and fun mods!

Server Specs: Intel Core i9-9900K with 10gb of Drr4 with 5 Tbs on a SSD 24/7 uptime!
      Server Rules:
      Be respectful Be ethical Use common sense Don't ask for ranks Do not spam the server Do not bypass the filter Do not make make lag machines No offensive, inappropriate, or derogatory builds Do not advertise other servers or YT channels. Mods:
      LittileTiles
      SecretRooms
      ItemBlacklist
      SecurityCraft
      AppliedEnergistics 2
      AtomicSience
      JEI
      NEI
      BetterStorageToo
      BiomesYouGo
      RedstoneFlux
      CustomCrossHair
      CustomMainMenu
      LootableBodies
      TinkersConstruct
      ExtraUtilities2
      HideNames
      ICBM-Classic
      InstantUnfiy
      InventoryTweaks
      LeverlUp
      MegeliumBlocks
      Mekansim
      MekanismGenerators
      MekanismTools
      Numina
      PowerArmor
      MusicPlayer
      ModerenWarfare
      NuclearCraft
      OldCombat
      OmegaCraft
      ThermailFoundation
      ThermalExpansion
      OpenModularDeffence
      OpenModularTurrets
      Pam'sHarvestCraft
      PlusTic
      RuinsMod
      StellarSky
      VanlillaFix
      WanionLib
      ImersiveEngineering
      ReAuth

• By LonkaGaming
      Your world is save in %appdata% .technic>modpacks<select your modpack<saves
    • By FullMetalFerkel
      When I run the TechnicLauncher.exe the first time I can install it and every thing is fine. But when I try to run the TechnicLauncher.exe after the installation it won't open. It doesn't even pop up an error dialog. When I look into the latest log file it show following error:
          > java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/sun/awt/AWTUtilities.
      I googled for a few weeks now and didn't find a solution. Sadly I didn't even found somebody with the same problem.
      I currently have a java JRE 8u211 installed. previously I had some java 10 JDK but thought that would be the problem and deleted it. Since I'm not developing java on this machine I simply installed the 8u211 JRE and hoped this would fix my problem.
      Since AWTUtilities is a standard java class I didn't expect technic launcher to have any issue with it, as long as the launcher can find my java installation. But as far as I know, my environment variables are correctly setup and java should be installed correctly.
      I add the technic launcher error log, and some screenshots about my java installation.
      I hope you guys can help me, and I hope I didn't miss one of the forum rules. Thanks in advance

techniclauncher_2019-05-31.log