How to convert Tekkit Classic world to Tekkit lite !

it can be done, but it would require you (or someone else) to go through and check every block in both games and match the blocks and put the different ID's into a patch.txt to use. i did it for BigDig so i could use my existing map (if anyone wants a copy of it, just ask) and it took the best part of 2 days to go through with both Tekkit classic and BigDig open and checking through them like:

OK.. that's the ID for a marble {search NEI in BigDig for marble} there's the new ID {add to patch.txt}.. there's the ID for Energy condenser {search NEI in BigDig for it}, its not there any more, change it to sponge so it sticks out.

Can you do it then?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a Tekkit classic to FTB patch file that's about 2300 block id's long, however I am running into an issue where mIDas GOLD does not recognize additional damage values after a base ID has already been inserted. I can post the .txt file if you want to try to figure it out.

I have a Tekkit classic to FTB patch file that's about 2300 block id's long, however I am running into an issue where mIDas GOLD does not recognize additional damage values after a base ID has already been inserted. I can post the .txt file if you want to try to figure it out.

I think by base ID you mean an ID without a colon and damage value e.g. 5 -> 4 instead of 5:3 -> 4. Please understand that this form matches ANY damage value for that block ID and that the first damage value is 0 so to convert the first colour of planks would be 3:0 -> 1.

It is expected behaviour that

5 -> 1

5:1 ->1:2

is invalid

instead you would probably want

5:0 -> 1

5:1 -> 1:2

Hi, I'm just asking if someone had in their inventories items that were part of RailCraft, will they be replaced by stone or will the players just crash the server when they log in, because we are trying to update a huge Tekkit Classic server to Tekkit Lite by using this method and there will be a lot of player inventories.

Also every time someone gets to a certain region (immediately when the area loads up) the server crashes giving this report:

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----

// I feel sad now 

Time: 11.5.2013 22:51

Description: Ticking tile entity

java.lang.NullPointerException

at com.eloraam.redpower.core.MachineLib.handleItem(MachineLib.java:218)

at com.eloraam.redpower.machine.TileMachine.handleItem(TileMachine.java:50)

at com.eloraam.redpower.machine.TileTranspose.drainBuffer(TileTranspose.java:247)

at com.eloraam.redpower.machine.TileTranspose.onTileTick(TileTranspose.java:276)

at com.eloraam.redpower.core.TileExtended.g(TileExtended.java:123)

at yc.h(World.java:2153)

at in.h(WorldServer.java:516)

at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.r(MinecraftServer.java:680)

at ho.r(DedicatedServer.java:269)

at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.q(MinecraftServer.java:599)

at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:497)

at fy.run(SourceFile:849)

The rest of the error report is over here [Pastebin]: http://pastebin.com/XGjJWr7D

Here's some extra info about the scenario:

CPU: Intel i7 3770k (3.50 GHz)

RAM: 8 GB (5 GB allocated to server)

Tekkit Lite version: 0.6.5

Can you post it then?

• 3 weeks later...

Ok, I've made some research about crashing on a converted map:

The event is caused by Redpower2, not sure why, but it seems to be caused by buffers.

Redpower2 machines have a buffer (an imaginary inventory that can store millions of items if there's no where for them to go.

For example: You have a high frequency timer (thrice in a second) attached to a big line of block breakers. These block breakers are in a cobblestone generator. This would cause a massive amount of items traveling trough pipes that obviously can't keep up with the pace. Resulting a situation where these block breakers a re producing more and more cobblestone, but they have no where to put them. so in that case they will store the items inside them (in the block's buffer (a.k.a. it's imaginary inventory that can hold an unlimited amount of items))

Of course the machinery doesn't even need to produce this much items, but this is a one way to reproduce the problem.

When the map is converted, every single time a machine that has items inside the buffer. The game will crash for a reason that goes usually like this:

com.eloraam.redpower.machine.HandleItem.

Normally this wouldn't be such a big deal, but we are dealing with a big multiplayer server map wich has a ton of bad machinery. Without a good solution we can't keep this map. Is there any way to empty every block's buffer inside the server.

Here's an error report caused by a bad machine. [Pastebin]: http://pastebin.com/XGjJWr7D

I'm looking for any solution that could save the map. A way to remove blocks in certain coordinates. (pos1:x,y,z - pos2:x,y,z | //set 0 - Isn't it strange that worldedit doesn't have this kind of function)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

could you post this FTB conversion file you have. i have need of it.

• 1 month later...

Apologies for the necro (then again, the post is not that dead, is it?), but has anyone ever tried a Tekkit Lite world to "New Tekkit" (the one with Galacticraft) conversion?

I understand this would probably mess the world up, but still?

you could do it, but because, as far as i know, there's no Red-power and no equivalent in this mod-pack, you'd be loosing a lot of stuff. and even if there was a red-power equivalent, its unlike the block ID's would match up.

if need's be, i could build a patch file for it and you could see what happens.

If need's be, i could build a patch file for it and you could see what happens.

That would be absolutely awesome, of course. The NEI ID dump function won't recognize the IDs with colons for some reason, so the best I can do is extract them all manually (ugh!). If you could help me with extracting the IDs I guess I could patch the world myself.

Losing Redpower is sad of course, but from what I know the only part of it which is extensively used in our world are the redstone wires. Which mainly connect IC2 stuff, which isn't there either anyway.

• 2 weeks later...

That would be absolutely awesome, of course. The NEI ID dump function won't recognize the IDs with colons for some reason, so the best I can do is extract them all manually (ugh!). If you could help me with extracting the IDs I guess I could patch the world myself.

Losing Redpower is sad of course, but from what I know the only part of it which is extensively used in our world are the redstone wires. Which mainly connect IC2 stuff, which isn't there either anyway.

do an NEI dump of both versions. ill build a patch file from that

• 2 weeks later...