Why is Equivalent Exchange 3 even in this modpack?

I've read a pretty good bit over at minecraftforum about EE2 being discontinued and EE3 being a pre-release, but why did Tekkit Lite add EE3 into their modpack whenever there are hardly any additions?

One of the key things I use whenever I play Tekkit is the transmutation table, which is now impossible to obtain in game.

However, I'm not hear to spit in the developers faces. Y'all have done a phenomenal job of removing 100% of my lag spikes, damn near all of the graphic bugs, and very smoother loading.

I just want to thank you personally from a person who has a small problem with the pack, because you made the game a lot more enjoyable with this update.

Cheers.

Minium Stone isn't TOO terrible, but yeah EE3 is no where near fully functional yet.

I'm sorry, but I have no idea what a Minum Stone is. And I'm aware that it is not nearly functional yet, as I stated in my first post.

as somewhat stated above by SemiPr0, EE3 is a WIP (Work In Progress). As the developers of the mod continue to add things, it should update them in Tekkit Lite. I'm glad it's even in there.

I halfway agree. Now I'm no coder, and I don't know much about creating modpacks and swapping out mods and such, but I figured they would keep Minecraft at 1.4.5 and keep EE2. I figured whenever EE3 was updated enough to have enough content to actually benefit the modpack, they would then swap out EE2 for EE3. But I repeat, I don't know how feasible that actually is.

For now, it's mostly there as a placeholder, it is true that this WIP version is very much incomplete.

Thank you, that is exactly the direct answer I wanted. I figured it was only a placeholder, which kind of bums me out. Cheers!

Personally I'm tired of listening to people whinge about EE. Condensers and collectors are history. Live with it (not aimed at op). I'm glad EE3 is in TekkitLite so I can follow it's progress.

I'm inclined to agree with you, but as of early this morning you can imagine my frustration whenever I read that there is a Mac "fix" for Tekkit, but whenever I download and try to play a large component of the modpack is missing.

However, I realize (after research) that it is an "out with the old and in with the new" kind of thing, and I respect and understand now.

You need to look at it from new people's point of view. My first instinct was to come on here and "whine" about how I had bugs in my Tekkit Lite not allowing me to use EE.

Now, another question/conversation.

What about Tekkit Lite is better or newer? Honestly, reading the mod list and going to each individual mod page to learn about it is exhausting. Considering EE is now out of the question to obtain diamonds and such easier and faster, what other techniques should I implement to get the full feel of the Tekkit Lite pack?

I'm extremely new to using these mods, and I've spent a couple hours or so watching Tekkit with Duncan to learn about the multiple mods and opportunities, but now that EE is out of the picture Duncan's videos seem a bit redundant. Considering this is the section for Tekkit Lite, can anybody share their general setup, or show me a Lets Play series that can benefit people like me?

I halfway agree. Now I'm no coder, and I don't know much about creating modpacks and swapping out mods and such, but I figured they would keep Minecraft at 1.4.5 and keep EE2. I figured whenever EE3 was updated enough to have enough content to actually benefit the modpack, they would then swap out EE2 for EE3. But I repeat, I don't know how feasible that actually is.

EE2 never got past Minecraft 1.2.5, EE3 stated at Minecraft 1.4.2. So there is no way to "swap out" EE2 for EE3 or vice versa.

What about Tekkit Lite is better or newer?

Tekkit lite uses the latest minecraft (1.4.6) based on a vanilla server (with forge), tekkit classic uses minecraft 1.2.5 based on a bukkit server).

I'm extremely new to using these mods, and I've spent a couple hours or so watching Tekkit with Duncan to learn about the multiple mods and opportunities, but now that EE is out of the picture Duncan's videos seem a bit redundant. Considering this is the section for Tekkit Lite, can anybody share their general setup, or show me a Lets Play series that can benefit people like me?

Direwolf20 on youtube would give you a good understanding of mods (since his FTB pack is fairly close to Tekkit lite - see https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0ApklE_D9KbB-dFpSbmc2SVREUzBhVHVfNGVldjRLbmc#gid=0).

Thank you very very much.

I feel kind of naive now, after I typed this I of course continued to research my question and uncovered the Direwolf20 YouTube channel.

I now understand why the mods can't be swapped out, I never even payed attention to the MineCraft version as I was playing Tekkit Classic considering I never was prompted to.

As for why is Tekkit Lite better, your first answer pretty much answered that question as well, and your second answer only further supported your first.

Off to watch Direwolf20! Cheers!

Another feasible explanation as to why EE2 couldn't be replaced by EE3 would be that if, for example, theres a player using EE2 to complete tasks, and EE2 is a major setup in their world, if one were to simply switch it out for EE3, the creations wouldn't be usable and so forth.

This isn't really an important explanation, and not nearly as technical, just some blue collar.

EE2 was great in single player, but most people found it broken in multiplayer. The original author stopped working on it, for what ever reason, and the current author most likely feels the easiest way to go about balancing the mod out is to start from the ground up. Thaumcraft did the same thing recently, and I expect a lot of other popular mods will do the same in the future; if and when we ever get an official API.

Also, had it not been put in, you would then have people posting asking why they did not bother to put EE3 in.

The removal of EE2 in favour of EE3 poses a number of rather huge problems.

EE3 contains so little that it's basically a post it saying "EE goes here", which kind of sinks everyone who played that mod heavily.

EE2 had the condenser. Condensers are the only way to get diamonds in any usable quantity. Every other diamond using mod seems to assume that diamonds are at least an obtainable item (rather than the ultra rare 3 per chunk).

I had 61 diamonds on my first night of install. You can get plenty of diamonds for what you need them for, without EE2, if you're simply willing to go down to the 11 - 16 levels and set up some nice 2 high parallel strip mines.

A diamond drill and a lappack and a little time and you can have a stack of diamonds from natural mining within a few hours of play if you do the tunnel stripping right.

So far I have not found anything I need inordinate amounts of diamond for, without EE2, that I cannot supply without EE2. Now...if EE2 was in the mod I'd need a huge amount of diamond for collectors and what not. But the demands of BC/IC and all that, diamond wise, are pretty balanced against natural mining intake.

I haven't gotten deep into Factorization yet but regardless I'm able to keep an adequate amount of diamonds on hand if I'm willing to go dig a hole for awhile.

I run a server, I do play with friends, we share resources all the time, we all go mining in various different areas when we obviously are in dire need of certain things, like diamonds.

Now granted I'm not attempting to supply diamonds to 20 or so people. But, if you are having an issue in that regard, 64 gold = 16 diamonds using the Minium Stone....not a bad exchange rate unless you have dire need for gold.

I generally have excess gold cause I always pick it up on mining runs, so when I'm super short on diamonds I simply pull a stack or two of gold out, and set up the Minium Stone recipie in the project table and shift click...no more diamond problem.

There is a difference between playing solo and playing on a server. 3 diamonds per 64 meter square is very very very low when you have to share between a dozen regulars + friends.

Pick different chunks to mine in and you should be able to mine 12x as fast to split between 12 people.

Multiplayer servers are usually on all the time, so a solar panel + electrical engine + quarry setup (everyone pool together to get the 11 diamonds required to make a quarry) then leave it going. Should find lots of resources. Aiming specifically for diamonds? Start it down at y=20 using a 1x1 hole to power the solar panel. Use markers to make a large quarry that will last a long time and find lots of diamonds. Use a diamond pipe (maybe when you get some diamonds from the quarry) with a void pipe (I think they are in tekkit lite) to get rid of cobblestone so it does not clog chests.

A faster way with steve's carts logger exists which gets you lots of wood within a few hours, which can then be turned into obsidian->iron->gold->diamonds.

Minium Stone + 4 Blocks of Gravel = 1 Clay Dust

Minium Stone + 4 Blocks of Clay = 1 Iron Ingot

Minium Stone + 8 iron = 1 Gold Ingot

Minium Stone + 4 Gold = 1 Diamond

So as you can see if you have an excess of gravel, you can eventually have an excess of diamonds, it just requires actual interaction rather than dumping it into a box and forgetting about it.

Effectively, the Minium Stone, which is the only functional part of EE3 right now...is just as much EE as EE2 was, its just a different way of going about it.

Actually to be honest its about the same as the Transmutation Tablet, just a little less user friendly.

So no its not a condenser, but you can still transmute your way straight up to diamonds if you want.

Some autocrafting tables (+ redstone engiens, pipes, redstone torches and such) and a source of gravel, dirt or wood and you can even transmute from cobblestone to diamonds automatically. Pretty it up (make it into a box) and call it a multi-block condenser that requires a bit of configuring. :)

Some autocrafting tables (+ redstone engiens, pipes, redstone torches and such) and a source of gravel, dirt or wood and you can even transmute from cobblestone to diamonds automatically. Pretty it up (make it into a box) and call it a multi-block condenser that requires a bit of configuring. :)

You know this is probably perfectly viable really. You could build a condenser, using some autocrafting tables, several Minium Stones, some RP2 Filters and Pneumatic Pipes...sure it wouldn't be a single block but you could still do it with just whats in Tekkit Lite...this is an interesting concept, I may have to toy with it just for the fun of figuring it out.

There was a save in a custom mod pack I put together (which included EE3) in which I converted all the cobblestone from a turtle's mining into clay blocks so I could store it easier. I stopped doing it when I found the bug that using the autocrafting tables then allowed the Minim stone to be infinite.

Step 1: Use block breakers to set up a cobble generator.

Step 2: Pipe the cobble to a recycler.

Step 3: Pipe the scrap to a Mass Fab.

Step 4: Build a large solar array to power it all.

Step 5: Set up a auto crafting bench for the UU matter to be piped to to make diamonds.

Step 6: Profit!

(EDIT) Found a video showing somewhat what I said

Pick different chunks to mine in and you should be able to mine 12x as fast to split between 12 people.

Multiplayer servers are usually on all the time, so a solar panel + electrical engine + quarry setup (everyone pool together to get the 11 diamonds required to make a quarry) then leave it going. Should find lots of resources. Aiming specifically for diamonds? Start it down at y=20 using a 1x1 hole to power the solar panel. Use markers to make a large quarry that will last a long time and find lots of diamonds. Use a diamond pipe (maybe when you get some diamonds from the quarry) with a void pipe (I think they are in tekkit lite) to get rid of cobblestone so it does not clog chests.

A faster way with steve's carts logger exists which gets you lots of wood within a few hours, which can then be turned into obsidian->iron->gold->diamonds.

I agree, if playing with multiple people I spread out my friends and I.

Also, I don't have a problem getting diamonds or anything, but I'm definitely going to look into what you're saying!

Minium Stone + 4 Blocks of Gravel = 1 Clay Dust

Minium Stone + 4 Blocks of Clay = 1 Iron Ingot

Minium Stone + 8 iron = 1 Gold Ingot

Minium Stone + 4 Gold = 1 Diamond

So as you can see if you have an excess of gravel, you can eventually have an excess of diamonds, it just requires actual interaction rather than dumping it into a box and forgetting about it.

Effectively, the Minium Stone, which is the only functional part of EE3 right now...is just as much EE as EE2 was, its just a different way of going about it.

Actually to be honest its about the same as the Transmutation Tablet, just a little less user friendly.

So no its not a condenser, but you can still transmute your way straight up to diamonds if you want.

YES! That's what I'm about to do. Minium Stone! I have plenty of diamonds and such, just wanted a way to rearrange my resources to more benefit me. By rearrange I mean transmute, though.

You know this is probably perfectly viable really. You could build a condenser, using some autocrafting tables, several Minium Stones, some RP2 Filters and Pneumatic Pipes...sure it wouldn't be a single block but you could still do it with just whats in Tekkit Lite...this is an interesting concept, I may have to toy with it just for the fun of figuring it out.

Whenever you do, post a video or a picture! :D

I'm sorry, but I have no idea what a Minum Stone is. And I'm aware that it is not What about Tekkit Lite is better or newer? Honestly, reading the mod list and going to each individual mod page to learn about it is exhausting. Considering EE is now out of the question to obtain diamonds and such easier and faster, what other techniques should I implement to get the full feel of the Tekkit Lite pack?

You should try my PLUS Block map, it has all the mods you like and a convenient shop system that you can use to trade resources for Diamonds and use those Diamonds towards top tier mod items. It's also a Technic Launcher custom pack:

http://forums.technicpack.net/threads/plus-block-way-better-than-feed-the-beast.35019/

Personally I'm tired of listening to people whinge about EE. Condensers and collectors are history. Live with it (not aimed at op). I'm glad EE3 is in TekkitLite so I can follow it's progress.

Way to not read the thread and therefore miss the point entirely. The point was that the mod adds about 1 or 2 functional items, he was questioning why it was included in the modpack. He never said "Wtf happened to EE2 I want it back".

And EE3 is still kinda OP in my eyes. You can transmute 2 logs into 1 Obsidian, and 4 Obsidian in 1 iron ingot. Combine this with treecapitator, lumber turtles, huge trees and some automation, and you've got yourself a ton of free iron, and therefore gold, and therefore diamonds. But especially the iron bugs me.

Way to not read the thread and therefore miss the point entirely. The point was that the mod adds about 1 or 2 functional items, he was questioning why it was included in the modpack. He never said "Wtf happened to EE2 I want it back".

And EE3 is still kinda OP in my eyes. You can transmute 2 logs into 1 Obsidian, and 4 Obsidian in 1 iron ingot. Combine this with treecapitator, lumber turtles, huge trees and some automation, and you've got yourself a ton of free iron, and therefore gold, and therefore diamonds. But especially the iron bugs me.

It only takes a few block breakers and frame motors and you have infinite of every resource! RP2 should be nerfed.