[3.1.2] TekkitCraft [250 slots][Hard][New Map] || [CC dissabled, EE enabled]

Sp0nge

We sadly had to remove the black hole bands due to some massive exploits, same with the alc-chest (who needs them as we have ironchests anyways?

On the bright note, we are really trying to do work with EE, so we can enable more of it (ofc, doing work = nerfing, as we cant allow it into the game in normal state). If this works, well, we will consider EE to actually be "on" and not "dissabled/banned" or whatever people call it :)

• Replies 743
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi im new to your server, sry to say this but

I'm Reporting:

Armedkrekel

Cboyz

1. For Griefing and stealing on the server in a non pvp area

2. Broke into my home and killed me and smashing my property

3. I have a screenshot of them both

Plz ban them =(

PS: Why me??

Reports goes on our forum, with the pictures. What u say is done, is kinda impossible with our permsystem. Only of the parts players are able to toggle is changed, that can happend.

Everytime you log onto our server, you get told about /einfo over and over, i suspect that something you havent read at all yet?

Since players wanna PvP, we added a small PvP-arena just next to spawn (PvP is OFC enabled in the wilderness, just not towns) to make it more interesting (escaping the PvP-arena isnt just to walk out, oh no ...).

Ok fair enough...well it doesn't matter now fella =)

Ive got my own server now..thanks for banning them anyway that was nice of you because i properly saved someone on the server alot of time to actually construct something of there own. Don't get me wrong about pvp on minecraft but im pretty sure it happened anyway to me without touching anyone else s building,stuff etc etc and in my opinion, pvp on minecraft is for griefers and suckers that has nothin better else to do. Which ruins the game and wastes other people time but that's just my opinion.

So enjoy yourselves..Thanks for helping =)

Before I launch into a review of this server, in the interests of clarity, I wish to point out that Tekkitcraft are currently running some sort of competition at the moment for reviewing the server here. While this competition has given me the impetus to provide the following review the site here, I will honest with my opinions – and hence don’t really expect to win.

Disclaimer done, here’s my review of the server.

I’ve not played a lot of Tekkit servers, but from my experience with other Minecraft Servers (including as an admin on one for a while), this is certainly one of the better servers out there – provided you are looking for a SURVIVAL server.

Tekkitcraft is Tekkit SMP like it should be – a challenge, but not an overwhelming one. To achieve this some “core” Tekkit mods have been changed or removed, and players wanting a “pure” Tekkit experience will be disappointed.

Most of Equivalent Exchange is currently banned (due to duplication bugs or “overpoweredness” – although the Staff are working on fixing the worst of the exploits), and items such as the “Compact Solars” are disabled. In short, if it’s buggy or makes the game “too easy” then it’s been disabled.

The server has a remarkable lack of rules – basically if you don’t cheat, and don’t act like a complete cretin, then you can pretty much do as you please. Staff are (almost) always online to deal with problems, but be aware that the server is generally run with a policy of “minimal interference” – so don’t expect items to be spawned for you, or a detailed explanation of how to do stuff. In fact, if you are new to Tekkit then you should probably get some experience (either playing SSP, or on another server) before joining Tekkitcraft, because the learning curve is STEEP.

While not a PVP server per se, most areas (outside of towns) are PVP enabled. Camping near the Spawn points is frowned upon, but other than that you are free to kill (or be killed) wherever and however you like.

Griefing is also frowned upon, but not actually prohibited. Protection for your constructions is provided via Towny and LWC, and the general rule is that if you couldn’t be bothered protecting your stuff, then don’t complain if someone smashes it!

The server does have a player-run economy, although it can be a little difficult at first for new players to actually find the shops! If you need something, you can generally find someone selling it through the trade channel in chat.

On the subject of the economy, the unit of currency (the “Tekkit”) is also used to purchase and pay “Land rates” on Towny areas. As you can easily obtain 4 days worth of “Fees” every day by voting on a voting site, there is no real need to get involved in the economy unless you actually want to (which is nice for old hermits like myself).

In spite of the relatively “hands off” approach the Staff of the server take, compared to other servers there seems to be a proportional lack of “dickheads”. Personally I believe this is attributable to the disabling of the more exploitative components of EE etc. On the down side, it can sometimes take a bit of asking to actually get Staff to assist you (even if you have a genuine issue that they need to assist with).

One innovative and pleasant feature is “mining world” – a separate map for the sole purpose of mining / quarrying, which has largely removed the “Swiss Cheese” effect seen on many Tekkit servers. Players should note that the Mining World is reset every Wednesday – so don’t accidently make major constructions there!

All in all, provided you actually want a challenge and don’t expect everything to be handed to you on a plate, then I thoroughly recommend Tekkitcraft to any player with a basic understanding of the Tekkit mod pack.

I am a mod on this server and think it is amazing! I have tried many other Tekkit servers, but they just don't cut it like this one does! The main reasons being:

1. Up time. Most other Tekkit server I know have very, very bad up time, such as 4 hours a day. WhereasTekkitcraft is almost all ways up! And when it is down, there is all ways a good reason why! And it will be being fixed when its down, not just left down. As the 2 owners, Sp0nge and Mansie2 are very dedicated to the server and love all the players! (Exept the trolls ofc xD)

2. Banned Items. Some Tekkit servers either have no banned items at all, or almost everything banned. The servers with nothing banned are just crazy! You can get to end game within a day! Due to dupe bugs, exploits and items that are way to over powering. And there are some servers where almost everything is banned; This is bad as then its basically playing like playing vanilla, but with a couple of mods. The great thing about Tekkitcraft is it is balanced. Items are only banned if they need to be. For example if an item has a dupe glitch it will be banned. And also, all of the very, very over powering items are banned, so you can actually play the game, not just get end game within a day!

3. As a newbie, when i first joined, I had LOTS of questions and queries and needed help. All of the staff onTekkitcraft are VERY help full. They have a 'Help channel' in chat that you can join by doing /ch h then when you talk it is in blue so a mod can see it clearly. Then just /ch g to go back to global chat! This works really well so that the mods can give all the help you need!

If you are new to Tekkit, or have a lot of experience with it, I would strongly suggest this server! Hope to see you there!

-Geoguy180!

Some changes will be made towards one of our plugin that limits the amounts of players able to log in and play. We wont go whitelist, but in order to sort some of the issues with the amount of players thats unable to do read our simple rules etc ingame, those might get to a "full" server, as we will limit the amount of slots those players have avalible, and instead reserve more for those that are truly dedicated towards Tekkit, and wants to play the game as it is, not just for "EE and cool stuff".

All our players that knows our rules, and dont need to ask a question for every singel action they are to do, will be granted a Veteran status, and reserved slots to the server.

We want players to be able to check if other players got a bad rep on the server, so we added a plugin for that. Get a bad rep, scam, protectionbypass and what not, break rules, ull have a bad rep, that ALL players can check. :)

We also added a new and improved warningsystem, that allows all to see who has broken the rules, been banned and whatnot. We had one testplugin, that sadly werent working. But basicly, for those that cant read rules:

Punishments:

1st to 3rd warning: Kick

4th warning: 10 min tempban

5th warning: 30 min tempban

6th warning: 1h tempban

7th warning: 3h tempban

8th warning: 6h tempban

9th warning: 12h tempban

10th warning: 24h tempban

11th warning: PERMANENT BAN

We have 0 problems with issuing warnings to players that really cant read our small and simple rules when logging in (not for the first time, but EACH time they log on).

Play nice, there wont be any problems!

Its all automated, when someone in staff issues a warning using the plugin (ull get warned in the chat first ofc), all players knows about it, and each time you log in, both you AND all online also gets remember that YOU have broken serverrules, or not been respectfull of our staffmembers.

Sometimes, i really hope that they make a pinned part on this section, for server that really have been here for a long time. Prob not dedicated in regards of the serverpost, but in regards of keeping a server alive and sort issues!

Beside that, in the next days, we will give our random special rewards to players. And trust me, its cool, damn cool!

Edit: I think TekkitCraft were the first server posted here? Havent checked yet ...