Why are people so dumb? (blablabla legal)

Teraku

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is the problem with that reasoning. It isn't all the modders. Modders that Edit: aren't deemed important enough are denied entry, and modders that dislike Slowpoke aren't there. The voltz/UE modders were very rudely and condescendingly denied access to that collaborative community, one of the reasons the recent drama came about. Those modders were extremely frustrated with their treatment.

Edit: I edited the above to correct myself. My choice of wording was poor and it came off like Forgecraft is specifically Slowpoke controlled. He has influence only. The point about forgecraft still stands however. It does not represent all modders, and not all modders are welcome.

There is a sudo class system that has been established that negatively effects newer modders, which is damaging to a modding communities growth.

Yes, your right, I did not see that point. Why don't I say the more major modders are there. Also, how do you know (I'm honestly asking how do you know) that that was just a one time thing? How do you know the EU guys weren't being rude first and only telling one side of the story?

Also, the EU modpack is still in the launcher, I don't know if that says anything or not. If I'm sounding extremely stubborn, let me know, as all I'm doing is trying to hear both sides. :)

Yes, your right, I did not see that point. Why don't I say the more major modders are there. Also, how do you know (I'm honestly asking how do you know) that that was just a one time thing? How do you know the EU guys weren't being rude first and only telling one side of the story?

Also, the EU modpack is still in the launcher, I don't know if that says anything or not. If I'm sounding extremely stubborn, let me know, as all I'm doing is trying to hear both sides. :)

There is no evidence that has been posted indicating the Voltz modders were rude in any way to the FTB team. The only thing that has been stated in response to the accusations against FTB by Calclavia is "I was kidding, you guys suck I'm kicking you out."

There is no evidence that has been posted indicating the Voltz modders were rude in any way to the FTB team. The only thing that has been stated in response to the accusations against FTB by Calclavia is "I was kidding, you guys suck I'm kicking you out."

Do you mind posting a source so I can see it?

Yes, I know this. Now do you have a reliable source to show me?

If you know it's been the subject of Kitty Jail for the past seven pages, you know that a link to a transcript was posted as well.

That seems reliable enough to me.

Unless you need Calclavia to tell you? I which case, I suggest you go straight to the horse so you can hear it from his own mouth.

Why is it that every time I mention Technic in any place other than this forum, some FTB extremist just has to show up and say "Technic doesn't have permissions you suck", and then ignore everything anyone says other than "Technic is bad"?

I believe I even got banned from a Counter-Strike server a while ago because I had published a screenshot to Steam which was taken in Technic.

It sometimes makes me wonder: Why? Why are some people such assholes? And why do they obsess over "legal" issues in what is basically virtual legos? I don't know.

Just had to vent a bit, sorry.

WOW thats bad, if it was an minecraft server it would make SOME sence but they would still be assholes (and i say that as an person that likes FTB more!).

I tried FTB, and the packs which weren't exactly like Technic were the packs which had GregTech. And GregTech basically adds complexity and tedium for the sake of complexity, not because it would be fun. Most people call it "Difficult", but I call it "tedious". Especially when you have to do 5000 different things and wait 50 seconds for a small chance of a byproduct you really, really need.

And half the modpacks don't even work. Their response to that is "Oh yeah, that's obviously deprecated dude" as if there's some huge warning sign I didn't see.

I can definitely see why people like FTB, but I'll just stick to Technic. At least then I can actually enjoy IC2.

I think that you are used to opnes of EE2, just change configs/remove the mod.

Sounds better then people coming here and asking "Why do you use tekkit?! FTB is better and not illegal." And that's probably the most mild example of the spectrum that I can think of.

I dont think its much better (if better at all) ppl can get offended if something they love is confused whit something they dont like at all, and most ftb players really cant see they reason of tekkit being played (exept if you are a big EE2 fan, bukkit fan, dont want to reset the world OR if it has a special place in your heart) so they ask that question. Oh and i havent seen much tekkit/FTB fanboys outside of minecraft forums i recomend to all FTB/tekkit ppl to stay out of there.