Why are people so dumb? (blablabla legal)

Teraku

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my mother once told me "ignorance is bliss"

i think i know why now

i acually want to go and make a fourm thread pretending they make the mods and ask how i can donate to them cause they make the awsome mods

I dunno, we don't like it when their fanboys start trolling us, I guess trolling them with our own fanboys, even undercover, would be... Degrading us somehow.

I've been infinitely happier talking to tekkit players vs FTB players. An example of the difference in communities: The subreddit for tekkit has a link to the FTB subreddit under "related modpacks." FTB has no such link to the tekkit subreddit.

Even worse FTB players constantly come into the tekkit subreddit and just spam "why don't you just play FTB" on every post.

I was considering giving FTB a fair shake when they release ultimate but with a community like that I think I'll just stick to tekkit and custom zips.

I tried FTB, and the packs which weren't exactly like Technic were the packs which had GregTech. And GregTech basically adds complexity and tedium for the sake of complexity, not because it would be fun. Most people call it "Difficult", but I call it "tedious". Especially when you have to do 5000 different things and wait 50 seconds for a small chance of a byproduct you really, really need.

And half the modpacks don't even work. Their response to that is "Oh yeah, that's obviously deprecated dude" as if there's some huge warning sign I didn't see.

I can definitely see why people like FTB, but I'll just stick to Technic. At least then I can actually enjoy IC2.

I tried FTB, and the packs which weren't exactly like Technic were the packs which had GregTech. And GregTech basically adds complexity and tedium for the sake of complexity, not because it would be fun. Most people call it "Difficult", but I call it "tedious". Especially when you have to do 5000 different things and wait 50 seconds for a small chance of a byproduct you really, really need.

Gregtech becomes (at least slightly better) when used on a server, due to the ability to log out and still have machines running. Advanced solars makes it so not all the materials can be made from UU-matter. Also remember the Mindcrack pack was put together for the mindcrack team, who specifically asked for the hardness to be turned up to 11.

To some people, the added complexity adds fun by increasing the satisfaction in creating items.

I can definitely see why people like FTB, but I'll just stick to Technic. At least then I can actually enjoy IC2.

I am one of the ones that likes FTB mindcrack (although it has steered me away from using IC2 until later in the game). I feel Tekkit lite doesn't have the mods I like, although I realise this not the technic team's fault. I also feel tekkit lite is too easy (i.e. IC2 transformers, nether ores) for my tastes - however my use of soul shards may make me a small hypocrite.

But hey, tekkit lite is different from the FTB packs. Yay for choice.

I use the Direwolf20 pack, which doesn't have GregTech (which is "difficult" just for the sake of being difficult), but even so, I've found myself steering away from using IC2 only. Thermal Expansion, if used correctly, Can be used just as effectively as IC2 to double your ores, plus it doesn't require extra pipes between the machines. I still have a Vajra and almost full quantum (need more power gen to keep up with the Mass Fab), but I also have branched out a lot more than I ever have, which for me has never really happened. But that's just me. I'm mostly just waiting on both getting more resources to build a frame quarry and the addition of Logistics Pipes (don't want to set up a system with the unofficial port just to have the new one be added and possibly screw everything up).

Yeah, we - the people - took down your reign of terror. It was mostly bloodless, except for one guy's pinky.

Don't worry, it got reattached at the hospital. He's doing fine.

Really? Damn.

Well, so much for sending a message.

Not all of us our fanboys, we just get tired when someone comes into an FTB/Forgecraft/Modded Minecraft stream and ask, and I quote this, "Is this tekkit?" :/

Sounds better then people coming here and asking "Why do you use tekkit?! FTB is better and not illegal." And that's probably the most mild example of the spectrum that I can think of.

Sounds better then people coming here and asking "Why do you use tekkit?! FTB is better and not illegal." And that's probably the most mild example of the spectrum that I can think of.

Touche, they indeed do that. I prefer to stay on the FTB side, but that's not to say I won't use tekkit. I actually really enjoy the custom modpack feature of the launcher.

The only thing I like about FTB and the direwolf20 pack is redpower being updated and the grav suit is also cool. Everything else is just the same more or less to me and I bet redpower is going to be updated in tekkit 4 and hell, maybe I'll get to see the grav suit as well!

The proper response to that is to ignore it.

Haven't you heard? The obvious course of action is to start preaching how illegal Technic is and that Technic players should switch to FTB or commit suicide! Obviously.

Oh wait, it's not. Thank god only 1 or 2 people actually do that and the rest just rolls their eyes.