Why are people so dumb? (blablabla legal)

Teraku

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wait. What reference?

Also, 67% of the time I mention playing technic somewhere other then here, I am called a bundle of sticks.

How have you not played portal 2!?!?!?!? RAGE AT SCREEN!!!!!!! OMG IM FIRIGGEN EXPLODING!

Wait. What reference?

Also, 67% of the time I mention playing technic somewhere other then here, I am called a bundle of sticks.

Oh boy, I don't think MageCraft will be well received on the Minecraft Forums then. I plan on offering an alternative method of installation that takes advantage of the custom zip feature of the technic launcher. So instead of downloading the mod and dropping it in the mods folder, you download the technic launcher and paste the link I give.

Expected reaction: "OMG u use tecknic!!!111 U suckz!!!11 Dont u no teknic is illegal!!!111"

Oh boy, I don't think MageCraft will be well received on the Minecraft Forums then. I plan on offering an alternative method of installation that takes advantage of the custom zip feature of the technic launcher. So instead of downloading the mod and dropping it in the mods folder, you download the technic launcher and paste the link I give.

Expected reaction: "OMG u use tecknic!!!111 U suckz!!!11 Dont u no teknic is illegal!!!111"

Anyone want to take bets on that? It will definitely happen.

Report the attacks, and make a dramatic video about your feels if the moderators are bias.

That was almost religious. I see life in a new way now.

And for this: http://thetekkit.wikia.com/wiki/UU-Matter?diff=138769&oldid=138697

I cannot believe that someone would go to that level. I hope that no one from technic does the same. As long as they don't get any ammo from us (as in we don't do something like that), we're the only ones with a loaded gun.

I actually thought that up myself o_o. Well, I hope I at least succeeded in answering part of the Op's question.

You should actually just put the custom zip URL and instructions in the Magecraft topic along with the regular download just to see what will happen. A few FTB fanboys will probably start crying with their "FTB IS SO MUCH BETTER" bs, but there's still a very small percentage of intelligent people around there.

You should actually just put the custom zip URL and instructions in the Magecraft topic along with the regular download just to see what will happen. A few FTB fanboys will probably start crying with their "FTB IS SO MUCH BETTER" bs, but there's still a very small percentage of intelligent people around there.

Like me? I play FTB way more than tekkit and I hate people who do that. Well hate is a strong word, maybe disrespect them.

You misunderstood. I'm still going to offer regular download link alongside the custom zip download. The custom zip is there for two reasons:

1) Simplifying the installation process. It is literally 6 clicks and copy/pasting a url to download and install all of my mods and Forge using the custom zip.

2) Reducing the number of bug reports caused by incorrect installation. (By packaging Forge into the custom zip, I can guarantee that they are using the correct forge version.)

You misunderstood. I'm still going to offer regular download link alongside the custom zip download. The custom zip is there for two reasons:

1) Simplifying the installation process. It is literally 6 clicks and copy/pasting a url to download and install all of my mods and Forge using the custom zip.

2) Reducing the number of bug reports caused by incorrect installation. (By packaging Forge into the custom zip, I can guarantee that they are using the correct forge version.)

Notice how I said "along with the regular download".

And yeah, I understood the point.

Maybe you should also leave a FTB installation guide for it, to prevent a flame war...

Just got word back from the FTB people. It is possible to set up a FTB version of the alternative download method. So expect the ability to have 6 click installation for FTB as well as Technic.

Just gonna leave this here.

I would avoid posting it on the minecraft forums.

There are many places you can put it up where (most) people won't accuse you of eating babbies for dinner with baby kittie on the side because of you choice of how to play a game but MC Forums is not one of those places.

But at the same time, I think you shoud post it there and link it to me so I can read the hilarious hate comments it will get because of a simple installation method.

Your choice, really.

I would avoid posting it on the minecraft forums.

There are many places you can put it up where (most) people won't accuse you of eating babbies for dinner with baby kittie on the side because of you choice of how to play a game but MC Forums is not one of those places.

But at the same time, I think you shoud post it there and link it to me so I can read the hilarious hate comments it will get because of a simple installation method.

Your choice, really.

Tekkit has this portion (or should I say chunk) of players who use the modpack, and just about everyone else stays as far away from it as possible.

• Forum Administrators

Maybe you should also leave a FTB installation guide for it, to prevent a flame war...

A flame war for what? A modder offering their content using whatever wishes they have? If GreenWolf13 offered his mod as a technic custom URL, wouldn't the whole fTb ethos be to respect their wishes? How could the fTb community claim they have respect for modders rights, and then flame war around them for the so-called rights being exercised my the content creator?

Tekkit has this portion (or should I say chunk) of players who use the modpack, and just about everyone else stays as far away from it as possible.

I'd love for you to link some actual specifics about this, because there is a whole bunch of 'official' anti-technic hate from fTb staff, where as you'd be hard-pressed to find that sort of vitriol coming from someone on the Technic staff.

I don't hate anyone until they've earned that hatred. Neither the FTB crew nor the Technic crew have earned any such hatred; I actually have pity for the FTB people. It's been what, 6 months? and their donate to the modders page is nowhere to be found. Their private pack feature is laughable. Their self-righteous smugness? Not making their packs any better. So, whatever.

I will, however, say this, something I said on the FTB forums as well:

Technic is foolhardy; rushing into things and worrying about the consequences as they come. That's fine in my book, and they've got some real innovation there, like the custom zip feature. But, being on the cutting edge, someone's feelings will get hurt.

FTB is cautious: they always double- and triple-check everything, and many times, they take that too far. That means they take time to change, and have a more consistent experience.

The Minecraft community is better off having both. The ideal approach, for me anyway, has always lain somewhere in between; some may disagree, but I think most can agree that both Technic and FTB have done awesome things for the MC community. Technic popularised modpacks, FTB "legitimised" them, and having a crew on either side of the argument means that the science modpacks will get done, the players will have fun, and the world will spin on. There's no place for mindless fanboyism on either side, and not much point in arguing about it.