Why are people so dumb? (blablabla legal)

Teraku

Why is it that every time I mention Technic in any place other than this forum, some FTB extremist just has to show up and say "Technic doesn't have permissions you suck", and then ignore everything anyone says other than "Technic is bad"?

I believe I even got banned from a Counter-Strike server a while ago because I had published a screenshot to Steam which was taken in Technic.

It sometimes makes me wonder: Why? Why are some people such assholes? And why do they obsess over "legal" issues in what is basically virtual legos? I don't know.

Just had to vent a bit, sorry.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wait, a technic screenshot ( how exactly as modded MC is modded MC regardless ) on your steam account is relevent to counterstrike how?

One of the admins looked at my Steam Profile (Probably to check for VAC bans) and saw a screenshot I made in Technic as one of the most recent. Admin told me to "fuck off and go play a real modpack like FTB", and banned me.

One of the admins looked at my Steam Profile (Probably to check for VAC bans) and saw a screenshot I made in Technic as one of the most recent. Admin told me to "fuck off and go play a real modpack like FTB" and banned me.

again, how could he tell it was technic and not ftb? they're both simply modded mc.

i would've passed on the incident to slowpoke and go " SEEES WHAT YOUS DONE!!!!"

again, how could he tell it was technic and not ftb? they're both simply modded mc.

i would've passed on the incident to slowpoke and go " SEEES WHAT YOUS DONE!!!!"

He saw the caption under it.

I also added Technic as Non-Steam game, under the name "Technic". So it was grouped under the name "Technic" too.

Hey, we all need to vent every now and then. Try not to let the ignorance get to you though or you're only letting them win.

I never quite understood the pseudo-political bullshit going on in the minecraft modding community right now. Every time I see people talking about minecraft, as if they were making a presidential speech I always think to myself "All this over a video game?"

Either way you have my apologies for the CS banning incident but honestly, if you think about it; An admin that would ban you over something so trivial as what type of mod-pack for a game you play... He/she probably doesn't run a community you would enjoy anyway right? It's only speculation but I tend to judge a person based on actions.

I just stay in this little sane corner of the Internet and hide. Quite honestly though, if someone said "OMG U PLAY TECHNIC U R NUB" and banned me from something, I would thank them for letting me know how much of an arsehole they are before I did anything I would miss. I rarely play Technic/Tekkit now(I use the Launcher though - Custom modpacks rule!), but there are probably some people who would still take offence from the fact that I've played it. The simple fact is that they aren't worth my, or your, time. Just ignore them and have fun like games are made to let you do.

I just stay in this little sane corner of the Internet and hide. Quite honestly though, if someone said "OMG U PLAY TECHNIC U R NUB" and banned me from something, I would thank them for letting me know how much of an arsehole they are before I did anything I would miss. I rarely play Technic/Tekkit now(I use the Launcher though - Custom modpacks rule!), but there are probably some people who would still take offence from the fact that I've played it. The simple fact is that they aren't worth my, or your, time. Just ignore them and have fun like games are made to let you do.

Exactly. The first few times, I tried to explain what REALLY happened, but they either didn't believe me or they thought that I believed Technic was a private modpack. Or some other stupid BS.

So now I just go "whatever" whenever someone feels the need to say "Technic is evil".

@fidchelle

Yeah, when I get banned over something stupid like that, I just think "Well, a community with prejudices like that isn't for me anyway".

(and i snip this comic)

Just as true as it ever was.

i am not sure if this is better then the HOTS opening cinematic or not

when did this whole thing start anyways?

also keep in mind that most people that play MC used mommy's credit card to buy it, they really know nothing at all about technic/tekkit. (acually my friends younger brother is one of these people, i constantly get asked how to make his frame ship work...now i just tease him about monkey quest and he shuts up pretty damn quick...well least about tekkit :P)

i am not sure if this is better then the HOTS opening cinematic or not

when did this whole thing start anyways?

also keep in mind that most people that play MC used mommy's credit card to buy it, they really know nothing at all about technic/tekkit. (acually my friends younger brother is one of these people, i constantly get asked how to make his frame ship work...now i just tease him about monkey quest and he shuts up pretty damn quick...well least about tekkit :P)

I conned my uncle into getting me a copy.. :p