Why are people so dumb? (blablabla legal)

Teraku

I conned my uncle into getting me a copy.. :P

i payed for myself, its always been the rule since i have been like 15...get the money for the things you want, though it never worked for them...i was painiont (<-my spelling sucks...) and would just wait for my birthday/Christmas

or i would get some really good report card/test mark

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I paid for it myself during Alpha, it was only 10 euros back then.

I guess the masses flock to FTB because it has an active presence on the Cursed Forums.

What's a link to Minecraft Forums doing on the Minecraft homepage anyway? It's no longer the official forum, if you can even call it a forum.

I paid for it myself during Alpha, it was only 10 euros back then.

I guess the masses flock to FTB because it has an active presence on the Cursed Forums.

What's a link to Minecraft Forums doing on the Minecraft homepage anyway? It's no longer the official forum, if you can even call it a forum.

I don't even know anymore, considering the places quality drop. Speaking of the official minecraft site, I wonder what Notch/Jeb/ Whoevers maintaining minecraft thinks about this while debate. Not that it matters, but its good to know

They probably don't care at all. They don't really give a damn about the modding community as far as I've seen.

They already have all of our money. They might even have all of the money. Did you see the oil paintings they commissioned for their office?

Do the masses flock to FTB? Funny thing; people often mistake "loudest" with "majority". From this end, I've only seen numbers that go up. We just mainly cater to the very large audience of people who just want to play a stupid game and aren't interested in politics. To each their own.

And they're still claiming they're indie? You cease being an indie dev studio when you start commisioning oil paintings for your office.

They can afford the oil paintings easily. They saved a lot by cutting costs. Their office is built out of old furniture magazine sets.

ZEuTkKu.jpg

They left in the prop bread. Nothing says "business place" like elegant dining-ware and silver candlesticks on tables.

w2eMt9k.jpg

See? The sets didn't come with ceilings of course. They had to make due without.

Do the masses flock to FTB? Funny thing; people often mistake "loudest" with "majority". From this end, I've only seen numbers that go up. We just mainly cater to the very large audience of people who just want to play a stupid game and aren't interested in politics. To each their own.

I guess that's true. There's certainly a correlation between loudness and amount of stupidity.

Although I've seen plenty of Technic fanboys lash out towards normal FTB players, too. I guess all communities come with the complimentary group of idiots.

Here's one thing I have noticed, people always complain because "OH TECHNIC DOESNT SUPPORT THE CODERS" BUT, think about that for a second, these mod makers made these mods by CHOICE, they did not have to send hours upon hours on GUI, code, bug fixes, etc. IT was their choice. I know this seems rude, but they made the mods for everyone to use, why not compile them, it's not like they were FORCED to make that mod, it was their choice So to all the people saying oh we don't support them, well, did they ever really support themselves? Like it's funny how people get mad over something people made by choice. That was my 2 cents.

Here's one thing I have noticed, people always complain because "OH TECHNIC DOESNT SUPPORT THE CODERS" BUT, think about that for a second, these mod makers made these mods by CHOICE, they did not have to send hours upon hours on GUI, code, bug fixes, etc. IT was their choice. I know this seems rude, but they made the mods for everyone to use, why not compile them, it's not like they were FORCED to make that mod, it was their choice So to all the people saying oh we don't support them, well, did they ever really support themselves? Like it's funny how people get mad over something people made by choice. That was my 2 cents.

Funny thing is, Technic does support the modders. They had huge-ass notices in their launcher saying "DONATE TO THE MODDERS", and they still have an entire page dedicated to it with links to all the modders.

But the #1 reason people hate Technic is because people think KakerMix just put together a pack and published it with no regard for the modders. And with the huge amount of censoring on the Minecraft Forums, they get exposed to extremely one-sided information.

You've pretty much gone over one of my main reasons for deciding that if I ever make a mod, it won't require permissions. Putting it in a modpack just saves the user time. Seriously, why should I care whether someone is giving his friends a copy of my mod so they can play it together? As long as modpacks give credit, I'm not losing anything. I'm sure modders have their reasons, but as far as I'm concerned, permissions are just a huge pain in the ass for both modders and mod users. I wouldn't want to waste so much time and effort on something which benefits nobody, least of all my users.

You've pretty much gone over one of my main reasons for deciding that if I ever make a mod, it won't require permissions. Putting it in a modpack just saves the user time. Seriously, why should I care whether someone is giving his friends a copy of my mod so they can play it together? As long as modpacks give credit, I'm not losing anything. I'm sure modders have their reasons, but as far as I'm concerned, permissions are just a huge pain in the ass for both modders and mod users. I wouldn't want to waste so much time and effort on something which benefits nobody, least of all my users.

If only more modders had this mentality. It's the reason I admire open-source modders the most.

I know, there is so much hate around that's unwarranted. FTB players are all in our face saying stuff like "You don't get permissions", or "You don't donate to the modders", when in fact, we DO get permissions nowadays, and we DO have a donation page (While FTB's has been broken and non-working for a while).

my mother once told me "ignorance is bliss"

i think i know why now

I know, there is so much hate around that's unwarranted. FTB players are all in our face saying stuff like "You don't get permissions", or "You don't donate to the modders", when in fact, we DO get permissions nowadays, and we DO have a donation page (While FTB's has been broken and non-working for a while).

i acually want to go and make a fourm thread pretending they make the mods and ask how i can donate to them cause they make the awsome mods