Don't suggest Gregtech because I like my hands

deathman12e3

which makes the fact that the mod requires config alteration to even approach something resembling "enjoyable" and not turn the game into a second job somehow better? are you arguing that it should be less ridiculous by default with options to enable sperg mode in the configs instead? because you're making a fantastic point for that argument.

my point was that there is an config and that ppl that transmute everything are hating the default setings.

There are some of ppl that like default setings but most of those ppl know how to change the config so if it came whit easy setings or have an seting that turns hard more ON/OFF that would be great.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my point was that there is an config and that ppl that transmute everything are hating the default setings.

There are some of ppl that like default setings but most of those ppl know how to change the config so if it came whit easy setings or have an seting that turns hard more ON/OFF that would be great.

Please get off your high horse. You're implying that you're better than others because you use gregtech which is hard, and not EE2, which you deem easy. Please just seriously shut up.

I agree with this sentiment. Even though the solar panels that work at night aren't from GregTech. I'm pretty sure they're from advanced solars.

hm i saw a GT recipe in it so i asumed that its from it.

greg pls die

the better solar panels make tons of EU from smaller abount of light and moon makes a small amount of light so better solars CAN make a small amount of EU from it but its still weird

Please get off your high horse. You're implying that you're better than others because you use gregtech which is hard, and not EE2, which you deem easy. Please just seriously shut up.

i didnt say that im better just that i like default setings and that users of EE are going to have a hard time whit default setings

Mod edit: Use the edit button. And give punctuation a try while you're at it.

Gregtech is STUPID for multiple reasons. Like screwing with mods other then IC2.

Don't some of the recipes it "makes harder"(makes stupider) not have config options?

they do...but keep in mind that with all of that

do you really want to close minecraft

go to the config

and hit backspace a bunch of times were all the trues are

and then type false 1000 times?

not to mention his mod isn't even an addon for IC2 now because he is digging into TC3 and (from what i hear i haven't gone to confrim this) Thermal expansion

i am all for mods interacting and mods for the mods and such, but really i think he is just trying to own the modding community

oh and i wouldn't be surprised if he is dong princess's mother was the author of Greg tech

EDIT: well that was a rant and half....

i didnt say that im better just that i am better than EE2 users.

this is what you just said. you literally contradicted yourself in a single sentence. please, just stop.

Did he ask any of those people for permission to make those changes?

no no, you see according to cpw, it's totally cool to fuck with other people's mods as long as you are writing your own mod to do it. let that sink in for a moment. yeah.

IIRC, EE2 was in one of the FTB packs as well. And it's still in Tekkit Classic, but just about every server restricts or disables it. And it's Tekkit Classic for a reason, the majority is probably playing Tekkit Lite.

Also, solar panels which work at night is a hilariously stupid concept.

i didnt say that im better just that i like default setings and that users of EE are going to have a hard time whit default setings

Pro tip: A lot of the "serious" Tekkit players hated EE2 or certain parts of it.

Listen. Buddy. You're going to have an utterly terrible time convincing anyone of anything with grammar and spelling like that. Heck, most browsers have spell check these days, so you're either doing it on purpose, or too dumb to notice the squiggly red lines underneath your words.

Gregtech is STUPID for multiple reasons. Like screwing with mods other then IC2.

Don't some of the recipes it "makes harder"(makes stupider) not have config options?

Its options used to be to nerf Forestry bronze to 2 bars or disable it completely. :P

Worst part is, there's lots of invasive features in GregTech which you can't disable. You either have to download a separate addon or deal with it.

Everyone says GregTech has so much content, but it doesn't. It just has so many copy-pasted and slightly renamed useless elaborate objects and recipes, coupled with huge waiting times (50 seconds per ingredient, anyone?) which makes it SEEM like a whole lot of content, but if you take out the grinding, there's very little left. And that's also why Greg is so hellbent on keeping the Industrial Blast Furnace waiting time so ridiculously high.

Deep down, he KNOWS there's stuff wrong with his mod, but his ego is just too big to do anything about it.

Well, I think a huge part of it is he *wants* it to take a huge amount of time, because he's "balancing it for SMP". (which is, of course, dumb for those of us who generally play SSP)

But, a lot of his mechanics, (the industrial centrifuge and electrolyser) are pretty cool, seeming almost like a chemistry lab.

Basically, if you turn insanity=false in the config, it's a fairly cool mod.

Worst part is, there's lots of invasive features in GregTech which you can't disable. You either have to download a separate addon or deal with it.

Everyone says GregTech has so much content, but it doesn't. It just has so many copy-pasted and slightly renamed useless elaborate objects and recipes, coupled with huge waiting times (50 seconds per ingredient, anyone?) which makes it SEEM like a whole lot of content, but if you take out the grinding, there's very little left. And that's also why Greg is so hellbent on keeping the Industrial Blast Furnace waiting time so ridiculously high.

Deep down, he KNOWS there's stuff wrong with his mod, but his ego is just too big to do anything about it.

you mean you don't have hours to wait around while things process/cook/whatever? what, you think your time is actually worth something? pfft.

Listen. Buddy. You're going to have an utterly terrible time convincing anyone of anything with grammar and spelling like that. Heck, most browsers have spell check these days, so you're either doing it on purpose, or too dumb to notice the squiggly red lines underneath your words.

Its options used to be to nerf Forestry bronze to 2 bars or disable it completely. :P

i dont have spell check... and only grammar nazis like you would have an "utterly terrible time"

you mean you don't have hours to wait around while things process/cook/whatever? what, you think your time is actually worth something? pfft.

Even worse, some things take ages to finish, but you can't just leave and go cut some wood/build/mine because if you leave it alone for 5 seconds after it finishes, it explodes/burns/implodes/causes a rip in the spacetime fabric.

Also, every machine you ever touched will violently explode in the chain reaction, no matter how far away.

New mod idea: "Like GregTech, but good: a Compilation of the Good GregTech Ideas"

I'm actually curious: Does GregTech even have any good ideas? I could never get far enough into it without quitting out of boredom or frustration.