Don't suggest Gregtech because I like my hands

deathman12e3

No see Dong Princess occasionally has good ideas, he just slaps stupid crap on and has NEVER had a good idea I can find.

Yeah. I have to admit, BTW is a pretty good mod. It's just that the author is a complete dickwad. But GregTech is simply bad AND the author is a dickwad.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah. I have to admit, BTW is a pretty good mod. It's just that the author is a complete dickwad. But GregTech is simply bad AND the author is a dickwad.

Indeed. I enjoyed BTW before FC decided to be, well, a Flowerchild. I wasn't really dissing BTW (only the stupid shit he's put in).

There is something .... Different about the minecraft modding scene compared to others is there not.

I would say its about money but some mod makers don't make money (some do) its more about power and ego.

If you put a line of code into your mod that says you cant use this mod under these conditions(mods installed, character username, style of perfume your wearing) in some of the games i have played modded in the past you would have been driven out by the community.

Nowadays you can get away with anything you want apparently.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm currently watching Slowpoke's stream and he just mentioned that in the latest Gregtech you can't leave your Gt machines outside, they explode in the rain.

Not that anyone actually leaves their machines outside. But it's still one of those restrictive mechanics which don't make the mod more fun, but just more tedious.

I'm currently watching Slowpoke's stream and he just mentioned that in the latest Gregtech you can't leave your Gt machines outside, they explode in the rain.

Oh my God. Greg is CRAZY! He prides himself in having more advanced machines than IC2 but they explode because of WATER?

TINY DROPLETS OF WATER?!

We all could say Greg makes of Minecraft a overrealistic game. Maybe a bit too much overrealistic.

Except in real life, machine don't explode when they get a tiny bit of water on them. Hell, they don't explode when they get large amounts of water on them. They also don't send massive high voltage surges through wires when they explode.

its hard to move from cheaty EE to GT also ppl that have it and complain about it are mostly tekkit players (technic team does item id changing so they had no idea that config file is for players too( some may did not notice the folder at all)) GT has a config and they just cant bother to change false to true and vica versa.

its hard to move from cheaty EE to GT also ppl that have it and complain about it are mostly tekkit players (technic team does item id changing so they had no idea that config file is for players too( some may did not notice the folder at all)) GT has a config and they just cant bother to change false to true and vica versa.

this is the most hilarious attempt to justify the utter tedium and self-flagellation that is gregtech that I've seen. "tekkit players are too stupid to appreciate it". amazing. because no one who hasn't played tekkit is unaware of configs or simply doesn't want to be bothered with futzing with them to make the mod enjoyable. yep. must be that cheaty EE2!

this is the most hilarious attempt to justify the utter tedium and self-flagellation that is gregtech that I've seen. "tekkit players are too stupid to appreciate it". amazing. because no one who hasn't played tekkit is unaware of configs or simply doesn't want to be bothered with futzing with them to make the mod enjoyable. yep. must be that cheaty EE2!

i didnt say that they are stupid to apreciate it just that most ppl that use modpacks of any kind (since yogscast came this place is filled whit noobs) dont know how to install mods and dont know about config files

i didnt say that they are stupid to apreciate it just that most ppl that use modpacks of any kind (since yogscast came this place is filled whit noobs) dont know how to install mods and dont know about config files

which makes the fact that the mod requires config alteration to even approach something resembling "enjoyable" and not turn the game into a second job somehow better? are you arguing that it should be less ridiculous by default with options to enable sperg mode in the configs instead? because you're making a fantastic point for that argument.

What does Gregtech DO besides make the already tedious endgame worse?

there are things like those new solar panels that make tons of EU and can work at night, lightning rods, fusion reactors, industrial grinder (better than macorator) there may be more but these i remembered in a second