Don't suggest Gregtech because I like my hands

deathman12e3

I took a look at the source code of Gregtech, and there's a couple of lines where it completely crashes the game if you install it anywhere in the .techniclauncher folder. The creator of Greg Tech says that if Kake asks him personally, he'll remove the lines of code.

Here's the code for crashing the modpack:

this.mDoNotInit = ((tFile.getAbsolutePath().contains(".technic")) || (tFile.getAbsolutePath().contains(".tekkit")) || (tFile.getAbsolutePath().contains(".Technic")) || (tFile.getAbsolutePath().contains(".Tekkit")));

if (this.mDoNotInit)

{

System.err.println("*"); System.err.println("*"); System.err.println("*");

System.err.println("Hello, Gregorius Techneticies here,");

System.err.println("I see you most likely use Tekkit, but this Mod won't load, until Kakermix asks me PERSONALLY for the inclusion of my Mod. So bug HIM for it.");

System.err.println("PS. I could have exploded your Worlds, but i didn't for Publicityreasons.");

System.err.println("PPS. This Addon is Part of the FTB-Pack. It's even easier to use than Tekkit");

System.err.println("*"); System.err.println("*"); System.err.println("*");

tConfig1.get("Switching this won't help", "Tekkitsupport", false);

tConfig1.save();

return;

}

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, old news.

No clue if he's just delusional and believes kaker is just chomping at the bit to include gregtech in technic, or if he just wants the satisfaction of attacking technic users and turning people againt the modpack while putting up a front of "I'm the victim of kaker's evil ways!".

Either way, don't expect anything to happen on this. Few people actually like the mod (FTB users want it removed from the pack), and even fewer will try it since he's blocking a very large pool of potential fans from trying it.

The mod looks cool at first glance, and you think it would be with some of the other mods he's made, but once you look into it, the more you realize it's just as shitty as he is, unless of course you're one of the people who like it. GregT is a massive dick, and if he wants to hurt the end user, let him. Only hurts him really.

To be completely serious I actually enjoy the depth Gregtech adds. (Been playing on a friend's FTB server running the Mindcrack pack) It's not everyone's cup of tea but I'm a fan of anything that pushes the endgame further away in a reasonable way.

It's a shame Greg is such a doodoo head.

• Forum Administrators

RichardG did the same thing with his solar hats, which we all thought was hilarious because the only reason we even knew they existed at all was because he was screaming that technic users couldn't use them, and then those same users laughed at his dumb hats. And then it was folded into IC2 anyway so all users got those dumb hats he tried so hard to keep away.

RichardG did the same thing with his solar hats, which we all thought was hilarious because the only reason we even knew they existed at all was because he was screaming that technic users couldn't use them, and then those same users laughed at his dumb hats. And then it was folded into IC2 anyway so all users got those dumb hats he tried so hard to keep away.

yeah I hadn't played IC2 in like a year and I was looking through the NEI menu and saw the solar hats and lost it about 2 weeks ago. Because I recognized them instantly as RichardG's stupid solar hats that he 'blocked from us'

The creator of GregTech is obviously an arrogant asshole who's just jumping on the bandwagon of hate. Funny thing is, most FTB players don't want it in the pack and the people who want it confuse "difficulty" with "tedium".

Fun fact: You can experience all the fantastic additions of gregtech without installing gregtech by breaking both of your hands before attempting to build anything in IndustrialCraft.

Enjoy!

I'm afraid every joke in the world is going to be one big letdown after this one. :smith:

The creator of GregTech is obviously an arrogant asshole who's just jumping on the bandwagon of hate. Funny thing is, most FTB players don't want it in the pack and the people who want it confuse "difficulty" with "tedium".

Yeah, it needs a bit of reworking. It should be something that expands Industrialcraft beyond its current end-game instead of something that pushes the entry further back.

Yeah, it needs a bit of reworking. It should be something that expands Industrialcraft beyond its current end-game instead of something that pushes the entry further back.

^ This, And the stuff it does add to the end, although interesting, isn't really worth it even if it didn't exponentially increase the tedium of using IC2 imho. I would rather invest my time in another mod/tech tree than go that much further on IC2, which is already pretty large.

I like Gregtech after going trough the config file and getting every goddamned recipe he changed back to what it used be.

The AESU is rather cool when the MFSU is just not enough, the new nuclear reactor parts like thorium cells and hellium coolants and the super conductors- fusion reactors.

IC2 is really cool and i wish it was longer but not at the expense of requiring 2 advanced multiblock machines for a single solar panel or carbon plates for a simple 4 EU/t wind turbine.

Gregtech is fine for the most part if you adjust the configs to easy mode and disable a lot of his craziness. Grant it a few of his evil ideas cannot be disabled such as implementing a system to completely destroy your machines/power network if you even dare to take a pick to one of his machines. Or his many other crazy ideas which only seam to get worse as he sticks his fingers into more and more mods making them as insane as his own mod. For example he has taken to messing with the api's of other mods like thuamcarft where he has machines to destroy your aura network as well as more recently thermal expansion. Where he is forcing the machines to produce his crazy versions of items as well as re-balancing the mod to be in line with his own. Removing the primary alternative to his insanity in the packs that contain his mod.

Yep he added a machine that draws EU from the aura nodes while making flux which naturally causes wisps to spawn and if one gets near the machine it explodes releasing a ton of flux. Basically destroying your node network and dooming you to a ton of wisps until the flux dissipates.

Now the fun part is that when any of his machines are picked up with anything other than a successful wrench use they explode. To make matters worse the machines are designed to cause any adjacent machines to also explode and even worse the explosions will send increasing large EU packs though your wires. Which as we all know will not only cook any low to mid voltage machines but all your wires and to top it off the cooked machines will also set off more explosions if they are gregtech.

So in short all it takes is one miss click or a wisp to near to your magic siphon and all your IC2/gregtech machines will be gone leaving a smoking crater behind.

Other then then the above a lot of what he adds to IC2 is really cool but his ideas of balance and adding difficultly is just crazy.

I guess some people like screwing themselves over every 5 seconds.

But right now, the focus of that Greg guy isn't even constructive, fun or well thought-out. He just thinks "What do players like the most?" and then adds 90% tedium and 10% difficulty to that.

Gregtech is fine for the most part if you adjust the configs to easy mode and disable a lot of his craziness. Grant it a few of his evil ideas cannot be disabled such as implementing a system to completely destroy your machines/power network if you even dare to take a pick to one of his machines. Or his many other crazy ideas which only seam to get worse as he sticks his fingers into more and more mods making them as insane as his own mod. For example he has taken to messing with the api's of other mods like thuamcarft where he has machines to destroy your aura network as well as more recently thermal expansion. Where he is forcing the machines to produce his crazy versions of items as well as re-balancing the mod to be in line with his own. Removing the primary alternative to his insanity in the packs that contain his mod.

isn't this behavior why he keeps getting in trouble with forge and the IC2 team?