We want railcraft back.

Bytas

This nonsense has been going on long enough to be honest.

Railcraft is one of the bigger mods in the modpack, and it adds a whole lot of realism and extra options to the game.

I would like to play around with it more, but i can't, because tekkit removed it.

All the modmaker requested was for you guys to make a public list of permissions. how hard can that be?

You guys even did it for Voltz and Tekkit classic, because rail craft is still embedded in those packs.

Please, stop being stubborn, go sit around the table and talk this situation trough.

Thank you!

To all the forum users: please don't start explaining how i should install railcraft manually. I know that that is a possibility, but that's not my point. If i would do that, why am i using a modpack in the first place?

Stop blaming the mod maker. He has the right to ask certain things in exchange for the effort he put in. The rules for modpacks are writen down clearly on his website.

The tekkit-team is the real problem here. Publish the freaking list already, it's not that hard.

Other modpacks don't seem to have the same problem, so the modmaker seams like a fair enough person to me. Tekkit should stop being 'dicks' about it (if i may use the same word you did) and get on with publishing that permission list.

The only one that is getting hurt by this crazy decision is Tekkit lite and it's users.

Tekkit lite users are getting an inferior experience right now, and will be happy to move to other mod packs if needed. I for one am planning to move to Feed the beast if this fluke drags on, and i'm sure i'm not the only one that is getting frustrated.

Bottom line: Have some respect for your modders, because you are hurting your service by getting certain packs removed.

To all the forum users: please don't start explaining how i should install railcraft manually. I know that that is a possibility, but that's not my point. If i would do that, why am i using a modpack in the first place?

Because it has 60+ mods that you didn't need to manually install, change block id's, and troubleshoot any other crashes and glitches that might have come up?

• Forum Administrators

Dear Bytas:

I am very sorry that your recent purchase of 'Tekkit Lite' has not been up to your satisfaction. I trust you filled out your warranty card within 7 days of purchase, yes? If that is the case please contact our customer service hotline with your serial number ready.

1-888-MAD-ABOUT-BLOCKS.

Thank you.

Dear Bytas:

I am very sorry that your recent purchase of 'Tekkit Lite' has not been up to your satisfaction. I trust you filled out your warranty card within 7 days of purchase, yes? If that is the case please contact our customer service hotline with your serial number read.

1-888-MAD-ABOUT-BLOCKS.

Thank you.

That phone number is too long! You're a big fat phony!

Edit: Ok, yeah, I'm such a slow typist that 7 replies showed up before I finished...

I don't.

First off I'm just a mod, the newest one at that. So do not take my post as cannon kakermix words from on high.

Now, as a player I always disliked railcraft. It was the reason I never built any rails in the last year.

At all.

I didn't even place down track I got from mineshafts because you still need booster tracks to make an effective system.

The special tracks added by steve's carts and minefactory reloaded are effective without requiring a 10 step process using 2 specialized machines to create.

As for the permissions list issue. What right does covert have to demand personal communications between kakermix and other mod authors? Why should kakermix bow to his whims, especially when he has multiple times made his personal dislike of technic publicly known?

Covert previously allowed technic to use railcraft because the publicity and donations outweighed his personal feelings and adfly income. But now there's another option, called FTB. Covert apparently came to the conclusion technic will die a swift death in the face of real competition, and has decided to jump ship while taking a parting shot fueled by all his pent up displeasure (he knew kaker wouldn't do it, his request was about as reasonable as telling a jewish man to eat a side of bacon be refused service).

Covert threw his lot in with slowpoke, too bad slowpoke has a slick tongue but little to back it up...

The FTB UE modpack is showing 1/20th the downloads as Volts does, and slowpoke not only wants money from calclavia to push it in the launcher, but also refuses to put up donation pages for any minor mods (not that they get the major mod pages up in a timely manner...) Don't believe me? http://pastie.org/5924799

Covertjaguar allowed railcraft in technic because it suited his greed, and now has jumped ship. I for one will laugh and laugh and laugh when he realizes his userbase just shrank considerably as the Overwhelming Chorus of FTB users turns out to be just a handfull of really really loud fanboys.

You don't have to point fingers "but...but... they are bad too ... :'( " I don't care. I'm talking about the way Tekkit handles a disgraceful situation that Feed the beast avoided in the first place by keeping their shit together.

Feed the beast still has permission to use Railcraft so they must have been doing something right. Tekkit lite does not, and they seem to be completely incapable of fixing the situation in decent and professional fashion.

And if they are unwilling to write that damn list, they should remove railcraft from voltz and tekkit classic too, because it's complete and utter nonsense that they can write a list for one modpack and are physically incapable of doing the same thing for a modpack that is basically the same but has the word 'lite' behind it.

I guess some things in life just don't make sense ;)

And if they are unwilling to write that damn list, they should remove railcraft from voltz and tekkit classic too, because it's complete and utter nonsense that they can write a list for one modpack and are physically incapable of doing the same thing for a modpack that is basically the same but has the word 'lite' behind it.

Protip: Tekkit classic is just 1.2.5 tekkit, which met the requirements CJ laid out when it was created. Volts is put together by calclavia not kakermix, and he not only wrote the API most of the mods use but also authored half the mods himself anyway.

Volt has permissions.

So does Tekkit Classic.

Hang on a moment, I could swear you thought you had a point a moment ago...

I wonder where it went. Perhaps it never really was there, because you knew nothing about the subject you talked about and ignored everything you were told.

I guess some things in your head don't make sense ;)

Wow, this is professional.

Do you guys change the profile pictures of everyone who has an opinion that isn't the same as yours?

It's just sad that mods can't listen to and respond to concerns from users without going all "you are a stupid newby and i'm a powerfull mod, taste my sadism!"-mode on the person who expresses the concern.

I have no problem with you guys saying my concerns are wrong and i should calm down, you can even say that i should remove my post because it's inapropriate, but what gives you the right to mess with my account info and make me to shame publicly??

it's kind of a shame that a mod team behaves like 12 year olds :P

I'm starting to understand why covert jaguar took his distance now...

Your avatar was changed automatically by the board because you racked up enough warning points to earn it. The points will expire in a month, though any new points you rack up have their own expiry date.

As for why? It's pretty obvious you have no intention of participating in a discussion, only flaming the team for daring to not cater to CJ's whims.

And shaming you publicly? You're doing it yourself right here and now.

• Forum Administrators

Wow, this is professional.

Do you guys change the profile pictures of everyone who has an opinion that isn't the same as yours?

It's just sad that mods can't listen to and respond to concerns from users without going all "you are a stupid newby and i'm a powerfull mod, taste my sadism!"-mode on the person who expresses the concern.

I have no problem with you guys saying my concerns are wrong and i should calm down, you can even say that i should remove my post because it's inapropriate, but what gives you the right to mess with my account info and make me to shame publicly??

it's kind of a shame that a mod team behaves like 12 year olds :P

I'm starting to understand why covert jaguar took his distance now...

You have a bias, you are just trying to wrap it up in an unbiased wrap. Everyone here can see through it because it's what people do all the time, you aren't the first, I doubt you'll be the last. It's the same reason slowpoke was banned here, because he was a moron and thought if he said "I don't want to cause drama" and then proceeded to cause drama in the very next line we'd somehow buy it. We have rules, they are meant to be followed. You don't follow them, you get punished. Nobody cares who you are, nobody is safe from the rules we've put in place.

If you'd like, you can start on about how we are censoring you, even though we never edit anything anyone says. Turns out that idiots and morons will happily dig their own grave if you leave them alone, I see you have a nice start on yours!

Well, thats a pretty nice automated system to learn your users about good manners... :P

In a normal situation i think the right way to handle a 'toxic user' (which you as a mod have the right to name me as such right now if you think that is the case) is to give them a warning by PM, remove/edit their toxic posts or ban them from the forum if they don't stop misbehaving.

It's quite a creative new thing to encourage the rest of the the forum to make a circle around the individual in question, let them point fingers and laugh their asses off while throwing rotten tomatoes at him. (if you get the metaphor)

I've never encountered something like this and i must say that's one way of doing it. ;)

Seems to work splendidly well... Situations like this really ease the situation and make everyone act morally responsible. No drama at all right?

Anyway, i just wanted to let you guys know what my concern was, and that not everyone is blaming the mod maker for this. Admitted, maybe i should have asked you guys if it was ok to not blame the modmaker for this before going ahead.

I hope my feedback can be put to good use to make the modpack better.

I had a blast here, thanks for the experience ;)

Kind regards

CovertJaguar: "In order to receive permission to distribute RailCraft in your new modpack, I'm going to need you to publicly reveal your private communications with the writers of the other mods in your pack."

IceWolf: "Well, that's not how we operate because that stuff is private and, you know, none of your damn business. There won't be any of that posted publicly."

CovertJaguar: "Then you don't have permission to distribute RailCraft in your modpack."

IceWolf: "No problem. We'll take it out."

Bytas: "You WILL post that shit publicly because I WANT RAILCRAFT. I want it NOW and I DON'T want to install it myself. Also, you are NOT professional and you SHOULD DEFINITELY NOT run your forums the way YOU want because I KNOW BETTER."

I totally made all those quotes up but I think I've described it pretty accurately.

Well, thats a pretty nice automated system to learn your users about good manners... :P

In a normal situation i think the right way to handle a 'toxic user' (which you as a mod have the right to name me as such right now if you think that is the case) is to give them a warning by PM, remove/edit their toxic posts or ban them from the forum if they don't stop misbehaving.

It's quite a creative new thing to encourage the rest of the the forum to make a circle around the individual in question, let them point fingers and laugh their asses off while throwing rotten tomatoes at him. (if you get the metaphor)

I've never encountered something like this and i must say that's one way of doing it. ;)

Seems to work splendidly well... Situations like this really ease the situation and make everyone act morally responsible. No drama at all right?

Anyway, i just wanted to let you guys know what my concern was, and that not everyone is blaming the mod maker for this. Admitted, maybe i should have asked you guys if it was ok to not blame the modmaker for this before going ahead.

I hope my feedback can be put to good use to make the modpack better.

I had a blast here, thanks for the experience ;)

Kind regards

I don't think you understand the actual goal of the rules and enforcement we have here. it isn't to prevent "drama" or enforce some kind of morality on people. there's no reason to be professional when none of us are being paid, either.

you have to be pretty stupid to want railcraft enough to whine on these forums but not enough to use the custom zips feature (assuming a server) or simply install the mod yourself if you're playing alone to get the mod back. the tools were given to you.

<personal opinion> if people like you were not so bent out of whack about permissions in the first place, none of this shit would be required. we wouldn't have all these idiots running around spouting off utter nonsense about permissions lists, illegal modpacks, or whatever. we wouldn't have things like the leader of FTB telling one of the primary modders in the UE (AKA voltz) pack to, and I quote, "fuck off" because he misunderstood something that was said to him and one of his users pointed out said leader's hypocrisy about the way the pack and this modder are treated. but of course FTB is the pack that cares about modders and respects modders. I'm getting off topic a bit but the point is that you have what you need to do accomplish what you desire, if you weren't such a toolbox you could be playing tekkit lite with railcraft right now</personal opinion>

Rules are always made up to enforce some kind of morality.

" Morality (from the Latin moralitas "manner, character, proper behavior") is the differentiation of intentions, decisions, and actions between those that are "good" (or right) and those that are "bad" (or wrong) "

If you wouldn't want to enforce some kind of morality you would have no rules at all (which is impossible in a practical situation)

Whether you like it or not, the morality you are enforcing right now by changing avatar pictures like this is to ridicule anyone that doesn't follow the thought process of the mob.

<personal opinion> Things like this are really a wrong way of doing things if you ask me. you are taking away the possibility of people to think for themselves and write down their ideas. After all, if their ideas don't match the general mindset of the majority of the population here, they will get reports for being a stupid noob!

People that want to bring on another side of the story will be shot down, while people that follow the mob will be praised for the believes that were enforced on them. this further increases the power of the mob. It's a vicious circle really.

I get the feeling that some ideas are already deeply rooted into the common consciousness here:

- Modmakers are idiots if they see their work as their own, why would we need permission from the ones that made the actual stuff? Fuck legality, no one gives a damn anyway!

- We can do whatever we want because we got more downloads than other modpacks.

- People that don't agree are idiots as well, and they should shut their face.

It was also stated several times that the FTB users are a vile group of fanboys, but i don't really see how it's any better here.

</personal opinion>

dumb things

Hi, you're an idiot. Allow me to explain why.

First and foremost, your narrow definition of both morality, and the reasons for the requirement of rules, are shallow at best. Morality is relative, and not universal, and the difference between "good" and "bad" is an extremely grey area.

Second and equally important, you seem to be convinced that the rules and punishments are solely in place to make people feel bad about themselves. This is not (entirely) the case. The rules are in place to help enforce a certain quality of post. We of the Technic community, would rather like to keep our forums from devolving into the cesspool of "LOL DIAMIND 4 U" of the MCF, to an absolute minimal. This also includes people throwing out dumb uninformed opinions about things that are well over their heads.

Third, you were never admonished for having a differing opinion. All of the staff here actually encourage people to think for themselves, and form their own opinion. You were admonished for trollbaiting, and incessantly continuing on about a point that you didn't understand (see the second point). When given responses, and answers to your inquiries, you ignored them, and continued to pester on. This is why you were warned.

And finally, the 'changing avatar pictures', is not intended to ridicule (though it is a welcome side affect), but instead to teach. It is an automatic system in place by the board, for users who rack up too many infractions. The points do eventually expire, and you are welcome to rejoin the thinking class, with the functioning eyes and ears of a non-HellenKeller.

Please try to understand. We don't like when people are dumb. Please stop doing dumb things, and we will get along just fine.

Things like this are really a wrong way of doing things if you ask me. you are taking away the possibility of people to think for themselves and write down their ideas. After all, if their ideas don't match the general mindset of the majority of the population here, they will get reports for being a stupid noob!

People that want to bring on another side of the story will be shot down, while people that follow the mob will be praised for the believes that were enforced on them. this further increases the power of the mob. It's a vicious circle really.

yes, it's secretly all a plot to get everyone to join the cult of kakermix and bow before the might of his massive dong. you caught us red handed. I guess we can all go home now.