Is Quantumsuit still the best armor?

I know both the Nanosuit and Qsuit have been nerfed several times since Classic. Now there are two new armors: Exo armor from Factorization and the Modular Powersuit in the latest version. Are any of these two a match for Nano or Qsuit, in terms of protection and durability? I know that both the Exo and the MPS are configurable but I haven't played around much with either.

Quantumsuit needs to be recharged, but you are basically invisible, can run faster and jump higher. Since the latest versions the helmet doesn't feed you anymore. But I'm not sure about the scuba functionality.

Exo armor can be upgraded to let you float in water, you can place any armor *not sure about mod armors* you can put a free cobblegen in it, you can push blocks away and some more things.

Modular PowerSuits can be upgraded to do whatever you want. The tool is a melee/ranged/multitool with adjustable speeds and you can upgrade the armor to let you fly, not take any fall damage *parachute*, you can upgrade running speed, jump higher, make it invisible armor and choose what kind of protection you want. Also, it's colorable.

Also, there are more things to come for MPS.

But then there is the GraviSuite, which lets you fly, gives protection, recharges your tools and it operates as a huge (dis)charging battery.

It really depends on whatever you want.

I did some testing in single player. A fully charged MPS with all the upgrades installed and everything set to maximum will not survive you through a nuke explosion, while a Qsuit will make you completely impervious (not a single heart lost) to it. However I can see myself using the flying/hovering features as they're easier on the hands than the IC2 jetpacks. Also, the MPS multitool is my new best friend.

...But then there is the GraviSuite, which lets you fly, gives protection, recharges your tools and it operates as a huge (dis)charging battery.

It really depends on whatever you want.

Yeh, but AKAIK we dont have the GravSuite in tekkit yet(?)

I think the best way to charge the power suits is to use IC2 solar power though

• 1 month later...

I'd advise not taking off the helm and boots, as they can be upgraded to provide power with solar and kinetic energy. Pair this with the glider, and you'll use 0.01 units of energy every 10 seconds, but gain 0.02.

Quantum armor has the absolute best defense, and the best straight line sprint speed IIRC. A max upgraded MPS can beat it in everything else. The MPS just has so many options that it makes a better choice unless you are actively undergoing a nuclear missile spammage bombardment. Plus the MPS can start out at a much lower level and you can add in bits as your resources increase. Really, the quantum armor is only the better choice when you know you are going to undergo absurd damage and must survive.

Really, the quantum armor is only the better choice when you know you are going to undergo absurd damage and must survive.

Pretty much this, Quantum for defense and Powersuits for utility. Though I'm not sure what'd you'd realistically be fighting that would wail on you hard enough for you the powersuit not to suffice, it blocks 96% of incoming damage (if you have 24 points of armor with force fields/armor) and keeps you fed (if you have that module) so that you regenerate health, so you can still tank for a good while.

Only other thing I've noted that Quantum Suits have over it is they keep you from getting some status effects (sick/poison), and that's definitely nice for mystcraft exploring. But then again so is a jetpack for the void ages/skylands.

Like mentioned above, direct nuclear hits will overwhelm a MPS while a Qsuit will keep you safe. Pretty much anything lesser and the MPS is a better deal.

No, I got that. That's why I said realistically, I don't know how often you're going to be getting blown up by nukes, at least in tekkit lite.