[1.0.13]Voltz Spark[PvP/PvE][25 slots][whitelist]

axlsjolund

1. MC Account Name: kofinal
  2. How long have you been playing Minecraft? 2 years now
  3. How long have you been playing Voltz/Universal Electricity? 0, would love to play. I feel like a community is required to really learn all the cool stuff on this mod.
  4. What would you say your skill/knowledge level is in Voltz? (beginner, fair, adept, etc) beginner, physics made my brain scratch its brain.. hah
  5. Why do you want to play on the server? On the servers I have played say that I am a great builder. I am friendly, never have nor understood griefing. So I want to be interactive with the mods and the players on the server.
  6. What do you think you'd like to do if you are accepted? Just build voltz mod related buildings, like missile silos, warehouses, etc.

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. MC Account Name: Lazyboy9808
  2. How long have you been playing Minecraft? About 2 years or so.
  3. How long have you been playing Voltz/Universal Electricity? First time
  4. What would you say your skill/knowledge level is in Voltz? Beginner
  5. Why do you want to play on the server? I don't like playing single player. It gets boring really fast.
  6. What do you think you'd like to do if you are accepted? Hmm I think an orbital space command would be awesome to build!

1. MC Account Name: halitosisman

2. MC Playing Time: 1-2 years

3. Voltz playing time: 1 month

4. Skill Level: average

5. Why do I want to play on the server: There's no point in developing weapons in singleplayer

6. What do I want to do: start a mercenary nation

1. MC Account Name: Knockturnal
  2. How long have you been playing Minecraft? Since Beta
  3. How long have you been playing Voltz/Universal Electricity? About a week
  4. What would you say your skill/knowledge level is in Voltz? (beginner, fair, adept, etc) Beginner but learning fast. Played tekkit for at least a year.
  5. Why do you want to play on the server? Looking for a small server with a solid community to allow learning and growth in voltz!
  6. What do you think you'd like to do if you are accepted? I would find a small quiet area to learn the core concepts of voltz and hopefully expand to eventually become the king of the Voltz world!

1. MC Account Name: DaPussHunta
  2. How long have you been playing Minecraft? 2-3 Years
  3. How long have you been playing Voltz/Universal Electricity? Since it came out
  4. What would you say your skill/knowledge level is in Voltz? (beginner, fair, adept, etc) Fair
  5. Why do you want to play on the server? It looks like it could be a fun challenge
  6. What do you think you'd like to do if you are accepted? Start building explosives :D

1. MC Account Name: Lymerik
  2. How long have you been playing Minecraft? Since Beta 1.2
  3. How long have you been playing Voltz/Universal Electricity? About a month
  4. What would you say your skill/knowledge level is in Voltz? (beginner, fair, adept, etc) I would say fair
  5. Why do you want to play on the server? I want a server where I can have fun and not have to worry about hackers who always know where I am and destroy my base after hours of work is put into it. I want to be part of a friendly community of players and just have fun playing Voltz.
  6. What do you think you'd like to do if you are accepted? Make a secret base and eventually create/join a faction of players maybe world domination ya never know haha

1. MC Account Name: Spyder777
  2. How long have you been playing Minecraft? A couple years?
  3. How long have you been playing Voltz/Universal Electricity? Not very long at all
  4. What would you say your skill/knowledge level is in Voltz? (beginner, fair, adept, etc) Beginning
  5. Why do you want to play on the server? I like smaller servers with less PvP and more co-operative / working together style gameplay
  6. What do you think you'd like to do if you are accepted? Find someone who I can help build lots of machines and shtuff with. I'm less useless when I have another brain to work with...

Seeing as the new technic allows for custom packs, I would see quite a few mods in:

1. Redpower Wiring/logics (the automation would overlap assembly line if we took it, so just the redstone upgrade is good)

2. Possibly Optifine for the client-side

3. Smart Moving could be nice

4. Sometimes seen as hacking, TreeCapitator

5. SecretRoom and SoulShards looked like nice stuff

6. Simple but cool, Rotten Flesh to Leather (pretty sure you can make higher the ratio of rotten flesh/leather)

7. I would have proposed the Liquid Metal, but it a buildcraft addon, probably cannot be made for UE :(

8. Possibly Powercrystal's Powerconverter if you intend to put any other mods (can also be used from UE to Railcraft)

9. NETHER ORES !!! (from PowerCrystal too) Am I the only fan of nether mining ? well, this is my jewel, my dream, my eternal friend !

10. FlatBedrock is nice for underground building (I like PowerCrystal's mods, alright ?)

11. You could get his minefactory, but I guess it would overlap too much on UE....

12. Better Anvil, because a max level sucks

For now my list is pretty much done, but I might think of some others in a near future.

PS: The new launcher doesn't allow for manual choice of version, so the server is currently unplayable using the new launcher.

Edit1: Now that I think of it, PowerConverter allows you to have like any sort of machine you want, as long as you disable the generation from other mods: (i.e.) You can put IC2 in, but remove the generator (which would concequently make the other energy generation of IC2 impossible, you would have to transform it from UE) I know the answer would be no, but I am just saying...

1. MC Account Name: Demon_of_death

2. How long have you been playing Minecraft? 3 years?

3. How long have you been playing Voltz/Universal Electricity? little after it came out I started using it, stoped for a while and now I am starting again!

4. What would you say your skill/knowledge level is in Voltz? Fair

5. Why do you want to play on the server? This seems like a fun server. I'd like to give it a try.

6. What do you think you'd like to do if you are accepted? Venture out and find a place to live and talk though chat. Mabey go on an adventure to villages every once in a while.

1. MC Account Name:Oliwanto
  2. How long have you been playing Minecraft? About a year or 2
  3. How long have you been playing Voltz/Universal Electricity? about a week
  4. What would you say your skill/knowledge level is in Voltz? (beginner, fair, adept, etc) Beginner
  5. Why do you want to play on the server? So I can have fun, enjoy the voltz and building everything from scratch so I can have a slight feeling of accomplishment.
  6. What do you think you'd like to do if you are accepted? I think I would dig a hole and start mining for resources and then build a fortress. For myself and anyone who wants to help me or needs help.

1. RealFusionz

2. 2 1/2 Years

3. 1 Year

4. Intermediate

5. This sounds like a fantastic server, better than any other i have heard or tested. Would LOVE to join :)

6. I would be a respectful moderator, trustworthy, and ill do the tasks you do not have time for.

1. MC Account Name: Kicking_Wang
  2. How long have you been playing Minecraft? A few years now
  3. How long have you been playing Voltz/Universal Electricity? I haven't at all but i get accustomed to things fairly quickly
  4. What would you say your skill/knowledge level is in Voltz? (beginner, fair, adept, etc) Beginner will need some guidance if the wiki is down :)
  5. Why do you want to play on the server? I enjoy a smaller group of people playing together when a server becomes too large the game becomes a lot less enjoyable, also it seems like this server is well kept
  6. What do you think you'd like to do if you are accepted? I would love to become a more valued member to the server and help out anyway i can, i would also like to progress through the voltz pack completely and to see all that it offers

PS: The new launcher doesn't allow for manual choice of version, so the server is currently unplayable using the new launcher.

Edit1: Now that I think of it, PowerConverter allows you to have like any sort of machine you want, as long as you disable the generation from other mods: (i.e.) You can put IC2 in, but remove the generator (which would consequently make the other energy generation of IC2 impossible, you would have to transform it from UE) I know the answer would be no, but I am just saying...

Umm... No it's not, I use the new launcher, and have manually selection working just fine.

As far as all those mods, alot of those either do the same thing as other stuff already in (secret rooms= camouflage blocks, but worse). And I won't put in anything that requires power other than UE power (redstone excluded as it's vanilla). The whole reason behind UE is a universal source without the need for a bunch of converters and different kinds of the same item supplying different power. I hated tekkit because there was no unified power.

Last time I used NetherOres, it caused crazy amounts of lag in the nether. Both client and server. So unless that is fixed that's a no go. I like the mod and all, but I won;t sacrifice performance for it.

That all being said. Right now I have 2 custom packs in the works. The first one is based on the latest voltz. From there I am adding mods that expand gameplay and give players much more to do. Personal I'm already completely bored with Voltz, and that shouldn't be happening. Thus I'm aiming to fix that. Mods chosen so far add a variety of customizable firearms, a few new armors (strong, but not quite maxed power armor), new decoration items, and stuff like that.

The second pack is aimed at an RPG style server where one gains power through hard work and some through magic. SO far we have mods that add tons of new ores, weapons, armors, etc. We have added shields, airships (fun travel), chocobos (they're awesome), more types of food, campfires, decoration items, tools that can be tinkered and customized up to around 80,000 combinations, and more such gameplay enhancing stuff. The RPG mod will be more or less like skyrim as far as playability goes. No matter how long you play, there's still alot more you can do.

1. MC Account Name: Craftpokemon
  2. How long have you been playing Minecraft? for about 2 years i think
  3. How long have you been playing Voltz/Universal Electricity? 3 months acually but very good at it
  4. What would you say your skill/knowledge level is in Voltz? (beginner, fair, adept, etc) adept/pro
  5. Why do you want to play on the server? I have lost my old server i use to play on and was very far ahead and i was working with people to help mine and get stuff, but i have started by myself from square 1 before
  6. What do you think you'd like to do if you are accepted? I would like to be a scientist or what ever that would do with creating new stuff to protect the area i'm in, and get everything ready to save the world

As far as all those mods, alot of those either do the same thing as other stuff already in (secret rooms= camouflage blocks, but worse). And I won't put in anything that requires power other than UE power (redstone excluded as it's vanilla). The whole reason behind UE is a universal source without the need for a bunch of converters and different kinds of the same item supplying different power. I hated tekkit because there was no unified power.

Last time I used NetherOres, it caused crazy amounts of lag in the nether. Both client and server. So unless that is fixed that's a no go. I like the mod and all, but I won;t sacrifice performance for it.

For the secret room, I would have to disagree, the camouflage block has a major flaw, you need to configure it entirely, while the secret room stuff can be a fake looking shelf that is a lever and a part of the shelf being a fake shelf (both can't be walked through). But the camouflage can only be used as normal blocks, there is no redstony fun to do with it. A secret room made with camouflage blocks inside a house is pretty easy to find (much easier than with secret room mod)

As for the converter thing, I was thinking more about Railcraft's steam system that is a pain in the butt (when you blow up your machine room because you want to power a simple rolling machine...).

I never got problems with NetherOres, or I am used to the lag it causes (if it does). I guess the laggy part in this is probably the explosion from the ores, which causes an overflow of entities or something.

For the secret room, I would have to disagree, the camouflage block has a major flaw, you need to configure it entirely, while the secret room stuff can be a fake looking shelf that is a lever and a part of the shelf being a fake shelf (both can't be walked through). But the camouflage can only be used as normal blocks, there is no redstony fun to do with it. A secret room made with camouflage blocks inside a house is pretty easy to find (much easier than with secret room mod)

As for the converter thing, I was thinking more about Railcraft's steam system that is a pain in the butt (when you blow up your machine room because you want to power a simple rolling machine...).

I never got problems with NetherOres, or I am used to the lag it causes (if it does). I guess the laggy part in this is probably the explosion from the ores, which causes an overflow of entities or something.

I've never found railcraft steam to be all that hard to maintain. As long as the system is setup proper, you never get explosions. I'll look more into the secret room stuff. Maybe there will be a way to disable some items that do they exact same thing, but keep other.

I'll look more into the secret room stuff. Maybe there will be a way to disable some items that do they exact same thing, but keep other.

One way camo is obsolete, ghost blocks too (camouflage block is a combine of both). The rest don't really share function. You can still test the rest, but the one-way camo and ghost-block are both remplaced by the camouflage block.

Update for those following the custom progress.

I've more or less finished the RPG Modpack. Spent the night refining, bug testing, and adding to it. It's is ready for Technic Platform and already setup for auto-updates and the like. All you guys need is the URL to add it, and boom. Launcher does the rest from there. All i have left to do is turn on my Mac and design a logo & splash screen for it. Something nice and wonderful.

Next I'll work on the technical custom pack. That one will most likely be harder considering the large list of incompatibilities.

1. MC Account Name: Medragh
  2. How long have you been playing Minecraft? since Alpha version
  3. How long have you been playing Voltz/Universal Electricity? for a few days
  4. What would you say your skill/knowledge level is in Voltz? (beginner, fair, adept, etc) beginner, but with knowlage (yogscast power ^^)
  5. Why do you want to play on the server? small cominity is quite better and nicer than a big one
  6. What do you think you'd like to do if you are accepted? team up with someone and build a base and maybe make fun with some explosives

Update on the tech pack.

Went through several revisions today. So far all major bugs and crashes seem to be slain. Managed to get ComputerCraft and RedPower2 Wiring/Logic/Lighting working with UE as well. A bunch of other stuff was added as well, but we don't need to list it all. The pack is using the latest stable versions of the UE mods at it's core, and then expands from there.

Update for those following the custom progress.

I've more or less finished the RPG Modpack. Spent the night refining, bug testing, and adding to it. It's is ready for Technic Platform and already setup for auto-updates and the like. All you guys need is the URL to add it, and boom. Launcher does the rest from there. All i have left to do is turn on my Mac and design a logo & splash screen for it. Something nice and wonderful.

Next I'll work on the technical custom pack. That one will most likely be harder considering the large list of incompatibilities.

Very nice, I noticed that Voltz got VERRRRRRY boring unless there was something going on, I'd say add some vehicles and such in the technical version, imagine flatlands with "classes" WAAAAAR, builders make cruise missile launchers and soldier fires rockets and machine guns on an enemy bunker!

Then a second enemy rolls in with a tank with air support. Power armour guy jumps up and crashes into the plane and it goes down in a barrel roll!

That would be epic.

Very nice, I noticed that Voltz got VERRRRRRY boring unless there was something going on, I'd say add some vehicles and such in the technical version, imagine flatlands with "classes" WAAAAAR, builders make cruise missile launchers and soldier fires rockets and machine guns on an enemy bunker!

Then a second enemy rolls in with a tank with air support. Power armour guy jumps up and crashes into the plane and it goes down in a barrel roll!

That would be epic.

I actually did add a small variety of vehicles. Both airborne and ground assault ones. With customizable loadouts.

I also did more work on the RPG pack, which is now officially named "Mana Spark". Anyone who enjoyed games like Skyrim or zelda will enjoy the pack. It's geared towards choosing whatever path you want, with plenty of options to pursue said career.

1. MC Account Name: voserob
  2. How long have you been playing Minecraft? 2 years
  3. How long have you been playing Voltz/Universal Electricity? few months
  4. What would you say your skill/knowledge level is in Voltz? Adept
  5. Why do you want to play on the server? O hope i can try things different compared to a non-whitelist server (not digging hole and hiding)
  6. What do you think you'd like to do if you are accepted? long term plans build something big and grand..... not sure what yet

Announcements

• Anything claiming to be official Technic servers are not allowed here, for obvious reasons