Time Machinez!

poryy

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What would you do with the doodad though?

Also, I would go figure out why HL2: Episode 3 isn't out yet.

Didn't you know? Gaben can't count to three. They're still trying to work out another workaround to make a new Half Life without the number 3 in its name, which has led to massive delays

Speaking of which, I'd go forward in time and get Half Life 2.1 when it does come out (assuming that it can go that far forward :P)

Speaking of games, and thread is about time machines, there's something I would do that would beat every birthday- and christmas present I've gotten during all my lifetime. But I'm going to summarize it.

Year: Somewhere between 1970 and 1995

Mission: Terminate the video game company LJN

I would have put a needy end to the reverse rainbow of terror.

If you haven't experienced LJN's games, please consider yourself amazingly lucky.

EDIT: I would go forward in time, steal a room-temperature superconductor, and "invent" it so I could get the Nobel prize. Then again, that would be idea thievery and I would be as bad as Thomas Edison. Oh well, I would make it so J.P. Morgan never stopped funding Wardenclyffe tower, giving Earth infinite energy.

EDIT: I would go forward in time, steal a room-temperature superconductor, and "invent" it so I could get the Nobel prize. Then again, that would be idea thievery and I would be as bad as Thomas Edison. Oh well, I would make it so J.P. Morgan never stopped funding Wardenclyffe tower, giving Earth infinite energy.

On that note, has anyone punched Edison in the face yet? I'd still punch him, but I believe we should make a list. Also, do we punch him after each other? Does it really matter?

I'd go back in time to the point where my school has started ( my school started in the fucking 15th century and still going) to prevent the assface from coming up with this "schoolbattle". This is where all classes (middlehigh school) compete with eachother to win what I call a huge dildo.

The final of this year was just an hour ago and jesus, all the girls on the stage dressed like whores, even boys did look like that!

And that all is an excuse to make the students with a common sense crazy with all the kids singing and dancing at Harlem Shake. I was facepalming about all the time.

And the worst is yet for the muzes, they have to clean up the crap that all the asshats have made. I feel sorry for them, even though I haven't made any junk.

So in short: shove a stick of dynamite in that guy's throat and blow him up.

• 3 weeks later...

You guys did not read the rules of time travel. If you change anything everything changes and we would be dead by now. Jeez guys get a brain.

This is assuming that the two major time travel theories don't apply.

The first one being that you can't change anything, sand the second being that a small change would ruin everything.

This is assuming that the two major time travel theories don't apply.

The first one being that you can't change anything, sand the second being that a small change would ruin everything.

or, y'know, the polycosmic theory, A.K.A the trouserlegs of time theory?

Wot? No.

Time travel doesn't work like that. You can make changes because it's already been changed.

Or it can be Doctor Who and be in flux.

Also I'd go back in time and meet fucking Mary Tamm and Elizabeth Sladen and do some other shit. Also watch EVERY Doctor Who episode the day it airs.

One of the major problems encountered in time travel is not that of becoming your own father or mother. There is no problem in becoming your own father or mother that a broad-minded and well-adjusted family can't cope with. There is no problem with changing the course of history—the course of history does not change because it all fits together like a jigsaw. All the important changes have happened before the things they were supposed to change and it all sorts itself out in the end.

~Douglas Adams

I would go back in time and set up an orbital defense network and ensure no-one even got to test Nuclear weapons, and demonstrate the effectiveness of the network by taking out some rather famous ships (of WWII) and cause a similar end to that war without killing millions of civilians and irradiating two cities for centuries to come. Doing so could possibly mean the cold war never occurs too.

I would go back in time and set up an orbital defense network and ensure no-one even got to test Nuclear weapons, and demonstrate the effectiveness of the network by taking out some rather famous ships (of WWII) and cause a similar end to that war without killing millions of civilians and irradiating two cities for centuries to come. Doing so could possibly mean the cold war never occurs too.

Oh, the reprocussions of this...

Assume that every thing that can go wrong will.

Whole world is ruled by Nazi Dictator, who has access to a grid of orbital defenses.

yep.

I would simply bring new computers back 10 years in time and sell them to the companies that made them in the future. Lather, Rinse, Repeat. Depending on what model of the space-time timey-wimey ball we are using, that could create a feedback chain of epic proportions.

Interesting note on Nazis... ever hear of Reinhard Heydrich? What if "the man with an iron heart" did get an "iron heart?" (Granted, he died of septis after surgery from an auto accident.)

Now imagine Al-Queda replaced by Nazis. There's an actual alternative history book written with that premise in mind.

Interesting note on Nazis... ever hear of Reinhard Heydrich? What if "the man with an iron heart" did get an "iron heart?" (Granted, he died of septis after surgery from an auto accident.)

Now imagine Al-Queda replaced by Nazis. There's an actual alternative history book written with that premise in mind.

I love alternate history books, yet I've never read many.

I could quite possibly write one if I wanted.