Launched Upside-down? (Mac w.lwjgl fix)

RedJay_

Same thing happened here. I am on a Mac, and I figured out a way to go back to 1.0.5, but alas no difference. I feel this problem is due to the lack of testing on this new launcher. Honestly this is the most annoying thing, I just want to play Minecraft and this crap has to show up because this launcher was rushed.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Updating Java does not in fact help

I see... It seems to be a lwjgl bug. The devs (not the Technic crew) are working on a fix, there's a beta build that fixes the problem, but I don't know when it'll be added to the launcher. We'll have to wait a little.

If you've already been bit by this bug, the only fix I've found (until the technic team fixes the launcher) is to restore all of the folders and files inside ~/Library/Application Support/technic/tekkitmain/bin from a backup (hope you are running Time Machine) and then lock them so the launcher can't update them. Hope this helps, and happy Tekkit'ing!

What about for people on old macs???? They don't sopport java 7. And I cant afford a computer that new! And even if I manage to be a registered apple developer, some programs dont run on the new opperating system. Do I have to install a vertual linux machine????

i had the same problem fullscreen helps but i downloaded syndicates minecraft project world and i copied it into tekkit and FTB yogcraft packs and I'm pretty sure this is the problem but all of my worlds have gone on both!! any suggestions would be appreciated as i worked so hard on these and some were used for youtube so if anyone knows how to get my worlds back (no i didn't back them up) PLEASE HELP! with my worlds and tekkie

Dash16 - Thank you! I replaced the files in my Natives folder as well as the two lwjgl files in the Bin folder from the zip file you gave me and then locked them.

TechnicLauncher crashed when I tried to launch into Tekkit. So I turned off my WiFi and tried again - it asked if I wanted to play in Offline mode. Saying yes took me right to the normal Mojang white screen and then into the game correctly!

I dont have time machine and my mac only has a total of 50 gb memory. Its called mac air, even though it isn't that light, but that is beside the point.

The point is, when will this be fixed, or how can I fix without time machine?

It seriously is annoying to have to get out of fullscreen every time I have to check something...

Is there a way of contacting people who work on the launcher?

In theory, some of them hang out on these Forums, but don't expect a quick response.

I'm looking into running Java 7 as my default JVM, if that works as an acceptable workaround I'll post instructions here. Sadly it won't work for 10.6 users as you need 10.7.3 or higher to use Java in Mac OS. Consider upgrading to 10.8, it's only $20.

Edit: So, installing Java 7 seems to fix my issues. Note: Oracle's instructions for updating Java to 7 for the Mac are (bewilderingly) wrong. They seem to make the same incorrect conclusion about running Java 7 from the Internet Plug-Ins directory, vs. having a full Java VM that the OS uses to run java apps outside of a browser. In any case, download the Java 7 JDK from here: http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/index.html

After installing the JDK, open /Applications/Utilities/Terminal.app and type:

java -version

It should return the following:

java version "1.7.0_21"

Java SE Runtime Environment (build 1.7.0_21-b12)

Java HotSpot 64-Bit Server VM (build 23.21-b01, mixed mode)

If it shows 1.6, you still have Java 6 as the default VM, and might need some additional terminal trickery to get it working. Should you run into problems after installing the JDK check here: http://www.mattgifford.co.uk/set-java-7-as-default-jvm-on-mac-osx-mountain-lion

Installing Java 7 on my machine fixed the lagginess introduced by the latest TechnicLauncher.jar update. I suspect, but am not sure, that the issue with the screen flipping/mirroring in window mode will also be addressed. Please post your results if so.

Installing Java 7 on my machine fixed the lagginess introduced by the latest TechnicLauncher.jar update. I suspect, but am not sure, that the issue with the screen flipping/mirroring in window mode will also be addressed. Please post your results if so.

Updating to Java 7 didn't work for me. Same method.

• 4 weeks later...