[1.6.x/1.5.x] Redstone In Motion (Redpower Frames) 2.3.0.0 (October 8)

jakj

I'll probably have to add a special case for the quarry that actually breaks and replaces it instead of just moving it. Not technically a bug with my mod but something that does need to work. It would, however, lose its internal buffer of energy every time that happens.
I assume BC mining well possibly needs a similar handling then. I haven't tried it with your frames but it does have those nasty mining pipes that need some special things to be done to the actual miner (physically break it, I think) to get them removed from world.

I assume BC mining well possibly needs a similar handling then. I haven't tried it with your frames but it does have those nasty mining pipes that need some special things to be done to the actual miner (physically break it, I think) to get them removed from world.

Mining well works fine but leaves the pipe unless broken and replaced. I don't think there needs to be a special case for quarries. Just be more inventive. Use a turtle to break and replace it.

Since Chickenbones is dragging his feet on is there anyway you could get the frame motion to work the only other 1.5.2 Wireless redstone mod out right now? http://slimevoid.net/wireless-redstone/

When the frames move the recievers they reset the block's frequency.

Otherwise thanks for the awesome mod.

Have you seen if you can get open peripherals to add support for them?

Do you have a donation link? Im more than willing to show my appreciation for a modder who actually cares about communicating with the users.

Here is my donation link.

Mining well works fine but leaves the pipe unless broken and replaced.

Which version of BC are you using? In one of the updates, they made it remove the pipe on invalidate() which should work with my frames.

I don't think there needs to be a special case for quarries. Just be more inventive. Use a turtle to break and replace it.

This, pretty much. As I say, it's not a bug with my frames and it's not a bug with BC: It's just the fact that the block is being made to do something it was never designed to do. I will add in special cases if they are easy and reliable, but in the mean time, do this.

Which version of BC are you using? In one of the updates, they made it remove the pipe on invalidate() which should work with my frames.

Yeah, it works for me.

This, pretty much. As I say, it's not a bug with my frames and it's not a bug with BC: It's just the fact that the block is being made to do something it was never designed to do. I will add in special cases if they are easy and reliable, but in the mean time, do this.

Well, the mining well solution would be enough if just the redstone energy conduits worked (yeah, i know i can use an engineering turtle).

Well, the mining well solution would be enough if just the redstone energy conduits worked (yeah, i know i can use an engineering turtle).

Patience, m'lad: The fix is coming. Funnily enough, the bug as it stands actually depends on the order that my mod puts the blocks back down, and in some configurations, it does actually keep its settings.

Since Chickenbones is dragging his feet on is there anyway you could get the frame motion to work the only other 1.5.2 Wireless redstone mod out right now? http://slimevoid.net/wireless-redstone/

When the frames move the recievers they reset the block's frequency.

Otherwise thanks for the awesome mod.

Hrm, this worked fine last I tested it. When I get a new build of the testpack up, I'll look at that as well.

Hrm, this worked fine last I tested it. When I get a new build of the testpack up, I'll look at that as well.

Be sure to try WRCBE too, as he's already shared public testing builds.

[ http://www.chickenbones.craftsaddle.org/Files/Other/wr-test-links.txt ]

E: I tried.

2013-07-03 21:28:52 [iNFO] [sTDERR] net.minecraft.util.ReportedException: Rendering Tile Entity

2013-07-03 21:28:52 [iNFO] [sTDERR]    at net.minecraft.client.renderer.tileentity.TileEntityRenderer.func_76949_a(SourceFile:114)

2013-07-03 21:28:52 [iNFO] [sTDERR]    at net.minecraft.client.renderer.tileentity.TileEntityRenderer.func_76950_a(SourceFile:99)

2013-07-03 21:28:52 [iNFO] [sTDERR]    at net.minecraft.client.renderer.RenderGlobal.func_72713_a(RenderGlobal.java:520)

2013-07-03 21:28:52 [iNFO] [sTDERR]    at net.minecraft.client.renderer.EntityRenderer.func_78471_a(EntityRenderer.java:1150)

2013-07-03 21:28:52 [iNFO] [sTDERR]    at net.minecraft.client.renderer.EntityRenderer.func_78480_b(EntityRenderer.java:987)

2013-07-03 21:28:52 [iNFO] [sTDERR]    at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_71411_J(Minecraft.java:871)

2013-07-03 21:28:52 [iNFO] [sTDERR]    at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.run(Minecraft.java:760)

2013-07-03 21:28:52 [iNFO] [sTDERR]    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:722)

2013-07-03 21:28:52 [iNFO] [sTDERR] Caused by: java.lang.ClassCastException: codechicken.multipart.handler.MultipartSaveLoad$TileNBTContainer cannot be cast to JAKJ.RedstoneInMotion.TileEntity

2013-07-03 21:28:52 [iNFO] [sTDERR]    at JAKJ.RedstoneInMotion.Block.func_71895_b(Block.java:147)

2013-07-03 21:28:52 [iNFO] [sTDERR]    at net.minecraft.client.renderer.RenderBlocks.func_94170_a(RenderBlocks.java:8141)

2013-07-03 21:28:52 [iNFO] [sTDERR]    at net.minecraft.client.renderer.RenderBlocks.func_78609_c(RenderBlocks.java:5918)

2013-07-03 21:28:52 [iNFO] [sTDERR]    at net.minecraft.client.renderer.RenderBlocks.func_78570_q(RenderBlocks.java:4163)

2013-07-03 21:28:52 [iNFO] [sTDERR]    at JAKJ.RedstoneInMotion.MotiveSpectreRenderer.Render(MotiveSpectreRenderer.java:105)

2013-07-03 21:28:52 [iNFO] [sTDERR]    at JAKJ.RedstoneInMotion.TileEntityRenderer.func_76894_a(TileEntityRenderer.java:12)

2013-07-03 21:28:52 [iNFO] [sTDERR]    at net.minecraft.client.renderer.tileentity.TileEntityRenderer.func_76949_a(SourceFile:107)

2013-07-03 21:28:52 [iNFO] [sTDERR]    ... 7 more

2013-07-03 21:28:53 [iNFO] [Minecraft-Server] Stopping server

The three aforementioned bugs should now have been mostly fixed. I have discovered several improvements I need to make to the code, to not only improve compatibility but also to improve safety, which I will begin to work on tomorrow. For now, though, this (in theory) will stop the majority of people crashing.

RECENT CHANGES (full list in "Changes.txt"):

1.1.1.0 -> 1.1.1.1

-- fixed bug preventing crafting decorated carriages in SMP

-- (hopefully) fixed bug sometimes causing TE redstone conduits to lose their connection state

-- (hopefully) fixed bug causing stack overflows relating to packets when attempting to render red wire (and other things)

-- ** these fixes should stop the majority of the crashing, but there are further fixes I've discovered and begun work on

KNOWN ISSUES

Recipes do not use the Forge material dictionary.

Some mod blocks look really goofy when rendered in-transit.

PLANNED FEATURES

A config option to cause carriages to render all sides every time (making it easier to see which of the faces are closed), instead of only the ones facing the player (which matches vanilla behaviour).

A config option to let a carriage treat blacklisted blocks as simple obstructions instead of completely aborting the motion.

(Possibly) OpenPeripherals support.

The ability to selectively whitelist/blacklist blocks in-game for each drive, in addition to the overall config-file blacklist. These blocks will always be treated as simple obstructions instead of completely aborting the motion, regardless of the setting in the config file.

A form of "sticky carpeting" to allow finer control over where on a carriage entities are grabbed.

Different styles of controlling player position during carriage movement, to try to allow more freedom.

The ability to set continuous-mode cooldown per drive instead of only system-wide.

Native-resolution (i.e., 16x) texture pack.

Altering carriage textures to be compatible with colourblindness.

(POSSIBLY, NO GUARANTEE) Finding a way to make ComputerCraft computers and turtles not reboot after motion.

A visual indication of which blocks will be moved by a patterened template carriage.

An optional "hardcore" mode, for people who want this mod to be expensive to use.

The bugs i mentioned now appear to be squashed! i can craft camo with no issue and the red alloy no longer appears to freeze, there is a low priority astetic bug where the frames move about a space and a half then jump back up to 1 space. Nothing big or in any way gameplay or mechanically problematic. this was noticed using the template frame and may or may not apply to any others. i didnt notice it before but i didnt get to play with it much either :) btw...template frame? best idea ever! I look forward to seeing the visual indication for template pattern, an idea(if yours still not sure) is if you use a screwdwiver on a patterend block it shows the template in a wireframe style and click it again shuts it off.

Got a client side crash on the new 1.1.1.1. No errors server side and it moved to the new location just fine.

What I was trying to move - Forge Log

Edit: Removing the power converter its complaining about does fix it, able to move with no errors/crashes. Removed power converter

Even more edit: After some more testing, I found that this configuration worked. I have no idea. Too close to the cart?

I figured it would be a little rude to kiss your butt in the truss mod thread, but I wanted to say I'm impressed with your competency, candor, and positive relations with what I believe will soon become a large fan base. I really do hope you shine through as an example to other modders. From "Don't bother me with bug reports, I already know, leave me alone" to an egomaniac with his little nest of sycophants, From groups of faceless collaborators infighting to absolute radio silence, the modding community has developed a lot of personalities that aren't really conducive to a positive experience for end users. I hope your attitude will change things, not to mention its clear you know your way around an IDE.

Thanks again. [/kissass]

Got a client side crash on the new 1.1.1.1. No errors server side and it moved to the new location just fine.

What I was trying to move - Forge Log

Edit: Removing the power converter its complaining about does fix it, able to move with no errors/crashes. Removed power converter

Even more edit: After some more testing, I found that this configuration worked. I have no idea. Too close to the cart?

You managed to uncover two of my derps for the price of one. :D Thank you for the FULL log: It was very helpful. Both bugs will be fixed in the next release.

im trying to move a multiblock structure with these frames but every time i get a crash with this error

Rendering Tile Entity

java.lang.ClassCastException: universalelectricity.prefab.multiblock.TileEntityMulti cannot be cast to JAKJ.RedstoneInMotion.TileEntity

at JAKJ.RedstoneInMotion.Block.func_71895_b(Block.java:147)

at net.minecraft.client.renderer.RenderBlocks.func_94170_a(RenderBlocks.java:8141)

at net.minecraft.client.renderer.RenderBlocks.func_78578_a(RenderBlocks.java:4364)

at net.minecraft.client.renderer.RenderBlocks.func_78570_q(RenderBlocks.java:4163)

at JAKJ.RedstoneInMotion.MotiveSpectreRenderer.Render(MotiveSpectreRenderer.java:103)

at JAKJ.RedstoneInMotion.TileEntityRenderer.func_76894_a(TileEntityRenderer.java:12)

at net.minecraft.client.renderer.tileentity.TileEntityRenderer.func_76949_a(SourceFile:107)

at net.minecraft.client.renderer.tileentity.TileEntityRenderer.func_76950_a(SourceFile:99)

at net.minecraft.client.renderer.RenderGlobal.func_72713_a(RenderGlobal.java:520)

at net.minecraft.client.renderer.EntityRenderer.func_78471_a(EntityRenderer.java:1150)

at net.minecraft.client.renderer.EntityRenderer.func_78480_b(EntityRenderer.java:987)

at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_71411_J(Minecraft.java:871)

at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.run(Minecraft.java:760)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

the structure im trying to move is a rocket launch pad from galacticraft

im trying to move a multiblock structure with these frames but every time i get a crash with this error

Don't truncate error reports: SInce you're reporting an error that was reported by a guy a few posts above yours, I know that exception was actually triggered by a different one in an earlier function, which you have not included in your report.

Don't worry about it this time, though, because I already know what did it and it will be fixed in the next release.

Great job! I already love this mod!

I've tried to test out a world-eater, but only managed to crash my client :D

Logs and screenshots:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/17629640/RiM_bugreport/ForgeModLoader-client-0.log

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/17629640/RiM_bugreport/crash-2013-07-04_22.29.52-server.txt

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/17629640/RiM_bugreport/2013-07-04_22.28.07.png

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/17629640/RiM_bugreport/2013-07-04_22.28.17.png

Setup is: 2x2 Transition Panes (AE), then ME Storage Bus facing Ender Chest and ME Controller hooked up to MFSU, 2x2 Platform Carriages and a Carriage Motor with a button.

PS: if you're not using any IDE look at Sublime Text.

Just out of curiosity why is it that you haven't made a minecraft forum page I feel that you would reach a much larger audience only reason I found this is that they mentioned you in a post on the FTB forums

I have made an MCF post (despite my distaste for that site), and nobody over there gives two shits about me, they're so busy lighting incense sticks at their Eloraamic altars. (It has 8 replies, half of which are me.) You can see how well it's done, too, by the fact that you don't realize it's there.

*shrug*

At this point, I think my two best chances for popularity are spotlights and time. I'm already being included in some random little modpacks, and I think the chances are fairly decent that I'll be put in a Technic pack once I've gone a month without crashing anybody, so right now it's just relax and coast.

I can almost guarantee that Wylker is going to do a spotlight of RIM. Might even be a good idea to contact him and point this thread out. Then again, the fact that this thread is already at 22 pages after, what, 3 weeks, is pretty good for a relatively small community (many of which never even visit this subforum to begin with). Someone's bound to notice it.