[1.6.x/1.5.x] Redstone In Motion (Redpower Frames) 2.3.0.0 (October 8)

jakj

I made a forum account just to thank you for this great mod :) Really good work, I hope you keep it up in the 1.6x versions

And a suggestion for this hardcore mode thingy in terms of "harder recipes", you could just add a config option where you can define recipes by yourself. As far as I can say with my own modding skills, it should be fairly easy to implement and every server owner could fit the recipes to their needs.

I made a forum account just to thank you for this great mod :) Really good work, I hope you keep it up in the 1.6x versions

And a suggestion for this hardcore mode thingy in terms of "harder recipes", you could just add a config option where you can define recipes by yourself. As far as I can say with my own modding skills, it should be fairly easy to implement and every server owner could fit the recipes to their needs.

There are already mods that let you remove recipes and mods that let you define custom recipes. None of the items currently in this mod use special NBT data for anything in terms of crafting, so there would be no odd cases to handle.

There are already mods that let you remove recipes and mods that let you define custom recipes. None of the items currently in this mod use special NBT data for anything in terms of crafting, so there would be no odd cases to handle.

fair enough :)

Move the priority up ;P

Buildcraft is going through massive drama and flux, Industrialcraft is being built in obscurity, Universal Electricity I haven't even touched yet, and Minecraft is about to go to 1.6, so there's really no way to make a thing like that "high priority" at this time.

Move the priority up ;P

Every time I hear something like this, and I'm aware of the surrounding factors long beforehand, I get the sudden urge to slap something.

Let's hope it's someone else.

Every time I hear something like this, and I'm aware of the surrounding factors long beforehand, I get the sudden urge to slap something.

Let's hope it's someone else.

I've made a very big deal about listening to feedback and taking all suggestions to heart, so comments like that are to be expected, I suppose. I'm trying to be very visible and proactive to set an example of how modders *should* behave, instead of how quite a lot of them do behave.

I've made a very big deal about listening to feedback and taking all suggestions to heart, so comments like that are to be expected, I suppose. I'm trying to be very visible and proactive to set an example of how modders *should* behave, instead of how quite a lot of them do behave.

And I for one salute you jakj. If only some of the other modders would take 1/10 of the time you have spent answering questions and collecting feedback the whole modding thing would just be so much better. Keep up the good work but don't let us pull you off track. You have the vision of where you are taking the mod and need to make sure that tons of suggestions and re-prioritizations don't keep you from moving forward on your creation.

I love this mod and I am giddy once again at the prospect of moving stuff with frames in Minecraft. One thing got on my nerve however was that the textures seemed to Hi-Def and out of place in the pixelated world. I'm kinda working on something as a sort of set of alternate textures. Can I share them?

Here's the Screwdriver:

ZIjqPJY.jpg

I basically just pixelated everything.

So, I just did a little testing with Buildcraft pipes being moved, and I got no issues with disconnection and spew. So whoever reported that bug before but never gave more details, unless you do give more details, I'm going to assume it's not a bug anymore.

At this time, other than graphical glitches (which don't matter), computercraft computers rebooting (which still allows them to function), and small delays (like in pipes with autarchic gates, where it takes them a couple seconds after motion to get back up to full speed), I am aware of zero instances of this mod not moving blocks properly.

Whether that's actually true, or people just aren't reporting bugs, or even if very few people are actually using this mod, I don't know.

I had to take quite a break due to personal stuff, but I am hoping to get some more testing tonight.

I previously tested Thaumcraft equipment, and as far as it being used standalone with frames, it is pretty much completely bugfree - the only thing I haven't tested is displacing a part of an assembled Infernal Furnace, but I assume that in this case, it will simply break up as a multiblock and revert to its original composition (plus a blaze in the place of lava). I've tried moving crucibles and other containers with aspects in them, without any problems. Golems retain their target (such as an alembic or a crucible), and alembics being disconnected from their crucibles cause no errors or crashes (I feared they could).

I did not try much in terms of integration of TC3 with other mods, such as BuildCraft, but I'd assume that there should be no big problems with that.

That was me on the block spew, I apologize on not delivering on a bug report. I'll look at it again tonight, after I check for updates on the other mods for the test modpack.

I'm pretty sure your tongue was hanging out in that post, as illustrated by the smiley.

yeah I didn't want it to be taken too seriously. I think multiblock testing should ensue as I can imagine that might cause issue when the block rejoins. I'll test out some tanks etc when I've got some time.

Minecraft really is a freakish thing. So, through some wild and arcane manipulations, I've managed to abstract the internals of Minecraft sufficiently that I can get everything all the way up to ambient occlusion working for an in-transit renderer. However...for some reason, each time the carriage moves, all water in the world stops rendering -except- any water on my carriage. O_O Yay for modding.

I'll test TConstruct and MFR.

Results so far:

-TConstruct smelteries don't care if you move the bottom only - they keep working

-When moved by a frame, smelteries stop pouring but otherwise continue

-MFR planters work just fine in their new positions, as do harvesters

-Sewers work fine

-Conveyors work fine

I've actually popped a Smeltery in half already in a past testing, it will still work even in mid-smelt as long as you put it back together. So multi block structures in general will mostly work no matter what with RiM, as long as those blocks can check itself after restablishing their correct arraignment.

On the topic of CC, how do turtles keep their programs running? Would it be possible to trick them into thinking they've moved themselves or something similar?

On the topic of CC, how do turtles keep their programs running? Would it be possible to trick them into thinking they've moved themselves or something similar?

No, because I'd have to leave them in the world and let them move independent of the carriage. For now, they just run "startup" like computers do.

That's a good idea, though: I will decompile the turtles to see how they move themselves, to see if I can do similarly.

I've actually popped a Smeltery in half already in a past testing, it will still work even in mid-smelt as long as you put it back together. So multi block structures in general will mostly work no matter what with RiM, as long as those blocks can check itself after restablishing their correct arraignment.

I'm not particularly concerned if someone uses a carriage to break a multiblock and it doesn't work. The intent of the mod is to keep things intact.

No, because I'd have to leave them in the world and let them move independent of the carriage. For now, they just run "startup" like computers do.

That's a good idea, though: I will decompile the turtles to see how they move themselves, to see if I can do similarly.

What happens if you move a turtle and then move it back into place? If it picks up the code again then it would suggest that the code is tied to the block and the turtle's move command alters the block that the code is tied to. If you could get the mod to trigger the code's block co-ordinates to be changed then that would be sorted. I of course have no idea if this is actually how it works however. Look into the redpower code if possible also as I am pretty sure turtles used to work on them fine.