Thoughts so far?

Onikrex

You can make boomerangs entirely out of wood. I'll have to look at the magic boomerang.

The tutorial books for TC are great. The parts that I got through:

You make a schematic table (can't remember the table), stick blank schematics in and set patterns into them. Then you make a part builder, which allows you to use the schematics to turn raw materials into tool parts (pickaxe head, shovel head, tool rod, tool binding). From there, you combine the tool parts into the tool you want at a tool station (you can name the tool as you make it). At this point you have a finished tool made out of whatever materials you chose. You can make it out of quite a few materials, each one having it's own strength/weakness (e.g. paper pickaxe head bound with stone with a green slime handle). You can now 'modify' it by attaching other materials to it, such as redstone and diamond, which improve an aspect of the tool. Diamond increases the durability by 500, and nether quartz increases weapon damage. You can only attach so many things to a tool. When you're finished, you have a fully customized tool/weapon. Bonus, the weapon doesn't disappear when it breaks, it just becomes a 'broken' tool which you can repair at a tool station.

IMO it's very worth it to make tools (pickaxes, shovels) using TC.

Hex essence and diamonds are also featured in the loot tables of BD dungeons, as well as the golem chest and upper floors of battle towers.

I got a hex diamond from killing a tower golem before. Made it into the thief's chestpiece.

ive been going on an absolute tear playing this mod and the only real real bad things i have found is the Better Dungeons Mod creates an extreme amount of lag, and the sheer number of monsters spawned in castles, this is obviously a multi-player modpack because it would take at least 6 eople to conquer most castles, two tanks, two with wands of healing, and one to attack the spawners with his own healer, i have explored the new Hexxit servers and when players just throw together some armor and enchanted swords they get raped, so the upside is that this mod provides us players with a very very fun time of thinking up creative ways to tackle the new un-explored dungeons and castles that await.

I would say that the walker castles are definitely the "top-tier" content here. BD also adds caves, pirate ships, watchtowers, volcanos, and stuff, and none of them are nearly as tough as the walker castles. The necromancer castles are even pretty doable for a single player. After some experimentation during testing I feel pretty confident that I could beat a walker castle, at least to the boss, with a full set of prot 4 Hexxit Gear scale armor, a heavily-enchanted diamond sword, and a diamond asgard shield. Getting that gear is another story, though. You'll need to beat the lower-tier BD dungeons, battle towers, whathaveyou, and do plenty of adventuring in the Twilight Forest.

i defeated a walker castle with iron armor :P of course i nenever left my safety hole and burrowed along the walls with tons of cobble, also i had a bucket o lava to help clear out the majority of walkers

• 2 weeks later...

But it is worth looking into? It's not just a gimmick that actually isn't very strong?

Considering the Rapier ignores mob armor and the manayullyn blade breaker hits 13s in addtion to coming with an automatic vorpal enchant.

But it is worth looking into? It's not just a gimmick that actually isn't very strong?

The TC weapons/tools can be made to auto-repair (slowly) by adding the moss thing. YOu make it with mossy cobblestone in the craft table. Adding a diamond increases the durability of the weapon. I tend to make two of everything and use one while the other regens. Extremely active periods will still result in both being low in durability, but at least you get more use and don't lose them when they break. Carry a work table (only uses one slot in inventory), and repair on the go, if you want.

The empty spawners are scripted spawns. Get out of creative/peaceful and they'll turn into context specific mobs, like specters or pirates.

… so the upside is that this mod provides us players with a very very fun time of thinking up creative ways to tackle the new un-explored dungeons and castles that await.

I've found Hexxit to have some challenging mobs. In fact I'm getting my butt handed to me. But an interesting thing I think is happening: the one-off mobs disappear and it get easier each time. I think my bed is outside of the chunk and when I died I'd run back to the Necromancer's tower. Each time I died fewer enemies were there, after two times the necromancer was gone altogether. Sweet. Now I get his fort. Complete with some weird rift that constantly spawns in endermen.

So it's been kind of easy by mistake. I'm deliberately staying clear of the fortifications so that when I can challenge them it's not so cheaty. I just wish that the context-specific mobs stayed around long enough for me to break their unholy bones.

I'm curious. Quite a few people are saying that so far it's pretty challenging. I'm having a pretty easy time with everything so far. In fact, I was hoping to get my ass handed to me. The battletowers can be pretty extreme but I haven't found much beyond that. Playing on hard difficulty atm running around with easily acquired diamond armor, and already feeling a bit OP. Do I need to look around more for the "endgame" type stuff?. Sorry for the vague question. I'm just unfamiliar with these particular mods to know how far they go.

How can I make this asskickingly hard?

I'm curious. Quite a few people are saying that so far it's pretty challenging. I'm having a pretty easy time with everything so far. In fact, I was hoping to get my ass handed to me. The battletowers can be pretty extreme but I haven't found much beyond that. Playing on hard difficulty atm running around with easily acquired diamond armor, and already feeling a bit OP. Do I need to look around more for the "endgame" type stuff?. Sorry for the vague question. I'm just unfamiliar with these particular mods to know how far they go.

How can I make this asskickingly hard?

Have you tried soloing a walker castle? it is doable but fairly challegning to figure out and there are a ton of mobs inside each one, Pirate bosses are also quite a challenge to solo. Tbh Diamond armor kinda still gets you chunked pretty hard against some of the project zulu rarespawns, also give twillight forest a try, those bosses are pretty challenging as well.