EE3

Dash16

Was wondering why EE3 didn't make it into Hexxit, I find myself needing Ender Pearls and there seems to be a lack of Endermen on the Overworld. EE3's transmutation seems like a good fit for Hexxit.

Short of transmuting Iron Ingots into Pearls, does anyone know of a good way to find them in Hexxit?

Big Dig has an ore that drops dust that can be crafted into Ender Pearls.

But we're not playing Big Dig? I agree with dash. Trying to play with Harken Scythe requires plenty of ender pearls and I've only managed to find a handful of endermen to supply them. EE3's transmutation would make getting ender pearls much more feasible.

Go to the end with a pre-load rift signature to your home and here is your personnal ender pearl safe-bank

Yeah, I think I'm going to have to do that. But to get to the end, you'll need multiple Eye of Ender, which requires Ender Pearls. I've seen maybe 3 Endermen in the Overworld. Maybe I could create multiple rifts right next to each other so they start spreading and cause more Endermen to spawn in that area… Hmm.

I find myself glad that EE3 isnt in the mod, personal preferance but with that said you could always add it yourself assuming there's compatibility, i've already added a few mods into Hexxit such as Ars Magicka completing my world gen experience. EE3 makes it a little too easy to get loads of iron and other things, considering how easy it is to get gold and diamond right off the start, it would give you incredable access to gobs of iron, treecapitator makes it way to easy to get obsidian as well.

Either way, personal preferance, I'd bet almost anything you could just drop the EE3 mod into your mods folder and it would run fine.

Yeah, I think I'm going to have to do that. But to get to the end, you'll need multiple Eye of Ender, which requires Ender Pearls. I've seen maybe 3 Endermen in the Overworld. Maybe I could create multiple rifts right next to each other so they start spreading and cause more Endermen to spawn in that area… Hmm.

I've found tons of Eye of Enders from dungeons/castles. I have enough to go to The End and my friend found a stronghold without using the eyes so I am guessing that The End will be my ender pearl farm.

Dash, do some more dungeon crawling, clear a walker base a pirate ship or maybe one of the underground labrynths(identified by having mimics and minotaurs) and you will have plenty of EoE's I have 2 stacks and still havent gotten but maybe 12 ender pearls. And I cannot reccomend you create a rift storm, if you find one like I did in the ocean with a very small island near it, you can use it to farm some relatively safely, the endermen typically lose a chunk of health before teleporting to the small spot of land and make easy targets, but making one over land can be dangerous.

I dont get any problems to get to the end, the Ender Eyes is a reward of some dungeons' chests

Edit : Nin'jed

• 2 weeks later...

I concur completely with the opinion that there should be an easier way of getting Ender Pearls in Hexxit, but I also concur with the opinion that EE3 makes it too easy. Also, how would I create a rift storm? My pleas would be answered if I had enough Endermen to finally construct those Altars and Crucibles.

Search for "rift" in NEI, use the stable fabric recipe it saves on ender pearls. Like TokiWartooth said, do it over water so the Endermen are hurt before you have to deal with them, and it's safer to close them. If there are too many they multiply and make it horrible on land.

Search for "rift" in NEI, use the stable fabric recipe it saves on ender pearls. Like TokiWartooth said, do it over water so the Endermen are hurt before you have to deal with them, and it's safer to close them. If there are too many they multiply and make it horrible on land.

That would be great, except for one problem: I have NO ender pearls whatsoever. I tried making a rift storm, but it just keeps disappearing.

Here's a way to get ender pearls without going to the end.

Make a mob hunting blind: mini tower, windows all around, double thickness cobblestone, no obstructions on the observation floor, bed (lowered into the floor, or overhead), anti-zombie door, roof for archery, empty first floor with double thickness ceiling to protect from creeper explosions. Carry a stack each of ladders, dirt, cobblestone and torches for emergency patches.

Stay up at night until you see enough endermen. Sleep in a bed to get rid of the skeletons and zombies. Nearby spiders that are already after you and creepers are the only thing left in the way of getting the endermen.

The best way of finding endermen is running around in flat landscapes (deserts, etc.) at night. Also, it's pretty easy to get a looting weapon in Hexxit due to Tinker's Construct and Enchanting Plus

But I agree it's a bit too much of a hassle to get them. It's not impossible, it's just not worth the effort, since by the time you get it the Harken Scythe stuff isn't that interesting.

Treasure chest loot needs to be tweaked - I found ten eyes of ender in chests before I found a single enderpearl. I'd increase the rate of raw materials of all sorts, and decrease the rate of finished stuff (from magic mirrors magic books to livingmetal giant swords). Some things are more fun to forge yourself, even in an adventuring-oriented mod.

EE3 would make things way too easy and Hexxit (imo) is supposed to be quite difficult. Especially the ender pearl recipe, which is kinda OP.

But rift farming isn't? Honestly, you can let a few rifts from Dimensional Doors get very large in a controlled environment, and you have free Endermen.

But rift farming isn't? Honestly, you can let a few rifts from Dimensional Doors get very large in a controlled environment, and you have free Endermen.

This is what I did in my game... just make sure it's not raining and your weapon doesn't set them on fire. They only take me 2-3 hits to kill. I let an unstable rift go out of control and about 20 minutes got me ~45.