Mincraft 1.6 out today.

Yappy

I know that the new launcher is out today and it takes time to do updates. I was just curious as to how long does it take to do an update when a new version is released, and since their is a launcher how would this effect the Technic launcher for everyone that uses it currently? Will it be difficult to do since their are 2 launchers to have to think about in the programming of updates?

The minecraft launcher has no effect on the Technic launcher

Vanilla 1.6 will be available once the md5 is added to the file (AFAIK)

As for any of the packs hitting 1.6

Wait for Forge to update, then for the mod authors to update, then wait for the team to update

Wait for Forge to update, then for the mod authors to update, then wait for the team to update

Just to be clear forge already uptdated the day it came out, so we are waiting for the Authors

Proof http://www.minecraftforge.net/forum/index.php?action=files

Not true actually. Changes in 1.6 mean a lot of boring tedious work for Olloth in our launcher.

Thank you to all that answered. One last question if you all don't mind, does any one else get a window that asks for you to play in of line mode. I get that when launch the game. Just curious if any one gets that now?

Thanks again & have a great morning. :-)

Thank you to all that answered. One last question if you all don't mind, does any one else get a window that asks for you to play in of line mode. I get that when launch the game. Just curious if any one gets that now?

Thanks again & have a great morning. :-)

Try running the launcher in admin mode. Right click, run as admin.

Thank you Cheap Shot, that worked brilliantly. Now what about the 1.6 update, is their a guess as to how long it takes to be able to play with that using the launcher?

Hope your 4th of July was a good and safe one. :-)

Thank you Cheap Shot, that worked brilliantly. Now what about the 1.6 update, is their a guess as to how long it takes to be able to play with that using the launcher?

Hope your 4th of July was a good and safe one. :-)

I'm Canadian! We already had our day.

As for the 1.6 update, not any time soon. All mods in each pack would have to update to 1.6 before the packs can update. I'm not super impressed with the MC update as usual either. A few things caught my eye, Item stats displayed is long overdue and the buff system sounds like it could be interesting. These things would benefit Hexxit if they turn out to be decent. Also carpets? I'd like carpets I think.

The scaling mob difficulty I bet will be a huge disaster. Having it so difficulty scales up the longer you stay in one place in a game where people primarily pick one place and build stuff is completely idiotic. It should be that things get more difficult the further you travel, without question. Horses look stupid too, and apparently are buggy and obnoxious.

The scaling mob difficulty I bet will be a huge disaster. Having it so difficulty scales up the longer you stay in one place in a game where people primarily pick one place and build stuff is completely idiotic. It should be that things get more difficult the further you travel, without question.

I'm not a fan of that change either. If anything, it will discourage early game exploration even more. Oh what's that, you were hiding in your house until you mined a full iron/diamond armor set? Here's an army of mobs with full diamond armor!

I'm not a fan of that change either. If anything, it will discourage early game exploration even more. Oh what's that, you were hiding in your house until you mined a full iron/diamond armor set? Here's an army of mobs with full diamond armor!

Personally, as long as I'm playing with mods, I'd welcome that change given that it didn't scale up too fast.

It gets boring when you can one-shot everything with your nanosaber/uberdiamond sword/what-have-you.

• 3 weeks later...

It is in tekkit classic, but an anti-technic update would be caught far more quickly then technic classic updates anyways.

Well, yes, but I'm referring to the "current" packs (The ones that would have IC2 being Tekkit Main and Big Dig).

I hope buildcraft, IC2, EE3, AE, and other big mods will add anti-technic malicious code in the next updates

You, sir, are the type of person who will end up banned, I think. Signing up for the sake of churning up trouble.

You are wrong on both counts:

1. The only reason technic took forever to update from 1.2 to 1.4 was Redpower. The team will not make the same mistake again.
  2. PERMISSION! TECHNIC HAS PERMISSION! The modders like technic, (except for Covert Jaguar) and malicious code hurts everybody. Huh, we don't even use IC2 in official packs anymore.

I am sure I will regret feeding the trolls, but it just made me so mad.....

EDIT: Ninjad. =/