Post your greatest construct!

CharlieChop

Hey there, ill keep this short.

Who doesn't like to brag/show how you spent hours making something work or look great. Since not everyone has time or the specs to play on a Server, im making this thread, to give you a space for that.

In my case it would be my Assembly table.... ever thought that thing was extremely slow??? well this is a particularly effective solution.

http://imgur.com/yfYPI5q

http://imgur.com/XHZwUi0

Post your Greatest construct!!

Just stuff from this tekkit please!

Hey there, ill keep this short.

In my case it would be my Assembly table.... ever thought that thing was extremely slow??? well this is a particularly effective solution.

Haha, that's pretty slick, and it looks slick, too! Hope you don't mind if I steal some of that idea. My assembly table is lasered up from underneath, I didn't think to embrace the lasers to make something that looks cool.

This is probably my favorite thing right now. I'll post an image of it running later tonight. I don't have much that I'm proud of out of Tekkit, but I love my Mob Factory. =P

http://imgur.com/heUMHZX

Nice!

My base is still a work in progress, all work so far has gone to building the structure just to a point where I could put get biofuel power generation going. So I still need landscaping and general cosmetic finishing on the outside/road to the dock/whatever. But so far I'm happiest with the structure in general, and with my four power cores/general crafting area.

Some shots:

http://imgur.com/a/7yGxV

0.o Thats awesome!

Nice building man.... im more of a Bunker kinda guy lol. im honestly impressed.

edit: go ahead man, that's part of the purpose of this thread, to give ideas and better setups. im also sure there are better setups for the assembly table, but that one looks awesome xD

Damn it Gildan... Lol That is so amazing.. You guys both got me outmatched in terms of structures. I'm a cave dweller, I dig into a hill and keep digging till I have the space I need. I'm terrible at buildings. =P

Anyway, I love your power cores man, that's where I got the concept for the ones I did recently. Question though, and I assume it's in the middle, but how are you feeding the biofuel into the generators? Any chance of a cut away or some kind of inside shot? I need to see the guts! Lol. Mine are still pretty inefficient but so far so good. Just started feeding power to the MFR Laser Drill tonight and I'm not seeing any real power drain on any of my other machines yet. We'll see what happens overnight when those buffers and reserve tanks start to run dry though. =P

Nice Gildan! Okay, I put some screens my my base together, the main part is still a work in progress, but you can see the guys and inner workings of what I have going. Will post screenshots

of the outside of the future Space port when it's more completed.

http://imgur.com/a/XrQo0

Edit: I'd love you guys to come hang out on my server, PM me if interested!

Good job Dewfire! i liked your own private mini city. i specially liked the lounge.

compared to your places guys mine is nothing more than a hole in a mountain.....literally...

edit: Dewfire, please, i ask of you if you could explain to me how did you set up your auto crafting network (the part where you integrate TE into the mix). I've been playing around with it and in rv10.n of AE, we cant do what I've been telling protoype we should be able to XS. our version of AE doesn't even include the integration of LP with AE (the power part). and the energy conduit kinda hard since the subnet sends EVERYTHING into the mix and i dont want to have a gazillion energy conduits.

Thanks guys!

Edit: I'd love you guys to come hang out on my server, PM me if interested!

It would be fun to check it out, look forward to seeing it in person, done.

Question though, and I assume it's in the middle, but how are you feeding the biofuel into the generators? Any chance of a cut away or some kind of inside shot? I need to see the guts!

Hopefully this quick shot of the three components of the whole system helps (with cutaway): http://imgur.com/d3u3szV

It's a web of alternating stone/cobblestone Buildcraft pipes, to prevent the biofuel from looping around. I didn't realize how awesome liquiducts are and suspect that one could just fill the whole inside with liquiducts and be fine. The blue wool lines illustrate where the Liquid Tesseracts go. The tesseracts don't need wooden pipes to pull the biofuel out.

Gildan, Liquiducts are the way to go, convert now and never go back to waterproof pipes again!!!

Charlie, I have a system of Export Bus (Simple and Precision), Import Bus, and ME Interfaces. I'm able to craft anything pretty much except the Filled Energy Cells and Tesseracts. Still working on that one with the subnet ideas from another Thread.

Basics are this: 1st for all my ores I have a Pulverizer for each one, and as soon as they hit the network, a Basic Export BUS for that ore feeds it into the BLUE port, and then a Basic Import Bus pulls is back into the network once done. For the ones that don't combine into anything such as lead and copper I have the same set up on a furnace. For ones that do combine I have Precision Exports set up with level emitters to keep my ingots above a certain level. For Electrum and Invar, I have the dust set to Auto smelt similar to Lead and Copper on their own furnaces, and the dust crafting recipe in the CPU, so if I need more Electrum for instance, I just craft a stack of dust and it immediately starts to smelt into ingots.

That's the basics, everything else is done via ME Interfaces or in the crafting CPU.

oh great. its a lot more simple than what im trying. will give it a shot.

BTW: when you find how to get those filled energy conduits give me a shout lol. ive been cracking my head trying to get them to work, but as you know, the system dumps Everything into the creating of the conduits. it never stops even if you dont tell it to craft stuff.

Conduits I have working, it's the Energy and Tess cells. Well I had the Energy Cell Frames working, but it never stopped making them...I have 54 of them sitting around now before I noticed it kept sending Empty Frames in to be filled.

Dewfire, what are those pretty displays in your biofuel reactor? I've seen them around, but haven't been able to figure out what they are. I have a suspicion that it's from the ME stuff, which I haven't messed with extensively (at all >.>). I'm working on a logistics pipe system now and I figure I'll branch out afterwards.

Dewfire, what are those pretty displays in your biofuel reactor? I've seen them around, but haven't been able to figure out what they are. I have a suspicion that it's from the ME stuff, which I haven't messed with extensively (at all >.>). I'm working on a logistics pipe system now and I figure I'll branch out afterwards.

They are ME Storage Monitors.

Conduits I have working, it's the Energy and Tess cells. Well I had the Energy Cell Frames working, but it never stopped making them...I have 54 of them sitting around now before I noticed it kept sending Empty Frames in to be filled.

What about a simple level emitter? Tell the system to stop sending frames once you have a certain number of Cells or Tesseracts?

the trick is, assuming you have a subnetwork set up, to treat each machine as storage (and have an attached ME Storage Bus); then you use an ME Pattern (placed in an ME Interface) to send *only* the necessary number of parts to the subnetwork. Your subnetwork will 'store' the items in their respective locations (which just happen to be machines), the machines will process everything, and BAM... out pops the stuff you wanted to make.

So, for Energy Cells, I 'store' the frames in the Liquid Transposer, to be filled, and 'store' the redstone in the Magma Crucible -- which melts and empties into the Transposer -- and magically my Energy Cells appear. If too many are being produced, I'm guessing it's a problem with the ME Pattern stored in the Interface. [Tesseracts should work the same way, only with Tess Frames 'stored' in the Transposer and Ender Pearls 'stored' in the Magma Crucible]

EDIT: Dewfire, are you saying you're getting too many Cell Frames (Empty)? Or too many filled?

I've only had that problem once with my Induction Smelter. I set up the Interface to input exactly what I needed, set both inputs to the same color NO EXPORT BUS and it works fine. I call for 50 Hardened Glass, I get 50 and I'm good to go for the next time I want to pump out some electrum or invar from the same machine. There was only one time where I wasn't getting what I called for and went to find that there was a stack of Lead stuck in one of the inputs. took it out and it hasn't happened since.

I think one of the problems is people use an Export bus AND an interface, when really all you need is an interface if you set the inputs of the machine to be the same side that the Interface is on. That way it will only feed exactly what you need.

Weir, i did that setup... But my network sends everything into the machines regardless of how many i told it to craft. Mind posting a pic of that setup so we can see it XD. Please?

Too many filled, .

CharlieChop & Dewfire, I started up a thread here so we can let this thread get back to "Greatest Constructs".

And in an effort to get back to the point of the thread, here's the main 'core' of my base; perhaps it shouldn't qualify as a single 'construct', but I'm very happy with the way it's all integrated: http://imgur.com/R5VD28b,olEG7Xq,g0npoKU

Looks Awesome Weir. Couple questions though.

1) What's the block hanging above your tree farm from the condut?

2) Do you have a fertilizer on your Cactus farm?? I didn't think that would work so I built that old school water way cactus farm! Lol

3) What do you have over in the corner to make a slime farm? Auto-Spawner?

Haha, Dw! That looks like the majority of my worlds before I get bored with them. =P

This is only like the second time I've stuck with a world for more then a week

1) What's the block hanging above your tree farm from the condut?

2) Do you have a fertilizer on your Cactus farm?? I didn't think that would work so I built that old school water way cactus farm! Lol

3) What do you have over in the corner to make a slime farm? Auto-Spawner?

1) Oxygen Collector -- I didn't label it because if feels like a separate 'construct', but the big black building is my 'spaceport' and houses my NASA workbench. I figured plopping a block right in the middle of my tree farm was as good a way as any to gather Oxygen.

2) Most of the fields don't have fertilizers. Due to the size of my fields and the number of livestock, I can't even keep up with fertilizing just the carrots/potatoes/wheat -- which is the two rightmost fields (I fertilize, but those fields eat it up as fast as I can deliver it from three Composters, not in the pics, but housed underground). It took me a long time to realize that I didn't even need planters for the Sugar Cane and Cactus. And, of course, the Sugar Cane doesn't contribute to my BioFuel setup, but I didn't realize that at the time and now I have a ridiculous supply of sugar and paper.

3) Yep, Auto-Spawner fed Mob Essence by the Grinder in my Meat Processing area; half the meat is ground for essence and half for pink slime. I have a level emitter on my AE network and when I run low (can't recall now, but something like below 400, give or take), then it turns on the Auto-Spawner briefly. And I mean briefly! Just a short while and I have hundreds of Slime Balls. In fact, after I got it working, it hasn't been on once. But at one point I was so desperate for SBs that I decided I need to have a dependable source.