Post your greatest construct!

CharlieChop

All great ideas. Thanks all.

Here's a link to a small album of my "work in progress" base.

http://imgur.com/a/Juzba

Pic 1) Farm. All 5 tree types, Cactus, Cocoa Beans, Potatoes, Carrots, Melons, Pumpkin, Wheat. (not shown is the underground Giant Mushroom farm for both types)

Pic 2) Biofuel Generation. 9 Reactors all stocked with 9 types each

Pic 3 & 4) Animal Farm 1 - Essence & Fertilizer

Pic 5) Computer control of Animal Farm and Mob Grinder

Pic 6) Inside Mob Grinder

Pic 7) Linking all my AE networks through Logistics Pipes (for now...)

Pic 8) Power Generation and Storage. (Transmission is on layer above)

Pic 9) Liquid Storage (just so I can see status easily in one spot)

Pic 10) My second design of an Animal Farm. This one works a bit better.

All great ideas. Thanks all.

Here's a link to a small album of my "work in progress" base.

http://imgur.com/a/Juzba

Pic 1) Farm. All 5 tree types, Cactus, Cocoa Beans, Potatoes, Carrots, Melons, Pumpkin, Wheat. (not shown is the underground Giant Mushroom farm for both types)

Pic 2) Biofuel Generation. 9 Reactors all stocked with 9 types each

Pic 3 & 4) Animal Farm 1 - Essence & Fertilizer

Pic 5) Computer control of Animal Farm and Mob Grinder

Pic 6) Inside Mob Grinder

Pic 7) Linking all my AE networks through Logistics Pipes (for now...)

Pic 8) Power Generation and Storage. (Transmission is on layer above)

Pic 9) Liquid Storage (just so I can see status easily in one spot)

Pic 10) My second design of an Animal Farm. This one works a bit better.

That is most definitely a great construct. Nice job! :)

That is awesome Kiwi! I love the unique building style. Build it to the sky! =P

My new favorite thing! Fully automated ore processing, don't have to touch a thing. =P

http://imgur.com/SclaP2g

A little tough to make it out in this one, but the back row is all the machines with ME Interfaces filled with recipes for crafting.

Tucked under the stairs in the right hand corner is where I receive everything in from my Quarry, all the cobble, dirt, gravel and other random crap I don't need anymore of is filtered to a void pipe, everything else is sent to an Obsidian Chest connected to a Storage Bus. Then, the front row of machines is simply 2 Pulverizers and 2 Powered Furnace's, each with a Precision Export bus and a Basic import bus. Then using the exports I assigned each pair of machines about half the work load with different dust/ore.

http://imgur.com/4RdVOBJ

Then the bars are shipped off to my DSU storage center that continues to grow very quickly. =P

Really proud of this set up. Still not the best but it's a work in progress.

My favourite build are my fully automated biofuel powerplant.

The upper cobbletone pipe ring are the control center for the plant that turns on and off the planters, harvesters and the chest I have as a fertilizer buffert. After the summer we are gonna make a 1.1.5 server and then Im also gonna add so it can balance better so I get 12 full bio reactors before it turns off instead as now when the first reactor are full. Have also build in a system that tosses away alla unnecessary seeds and stuff in a lava pit instead of letting them be tossed out on the ground.

http://imgur.com/a/t6PoH

Hey Bad, that looks really cool man, nice and clean. I always find it more impressive to see people do these things with Buildcraft instead of using AE items. I know I could have never pulled off my bio setup with just Buildcraft pipes. >.<

Got a couple of tips for you though since I just finished my automated biofuel set up not too long ago.

1) You can add a LOT more Generators without needing to add more Reactors then you already have. I'm currently running 24 Generators off of 4 Reactors and they have no problem keeping up, even when I'm constantly running a max 64x64 sized Quarry in a Mystcraft world, and a full power Mining Laser(the one from 1.1.5). I also have a pretty large ME Network that uses quite a bit of power and a small(but growing quickly) automated Ore Processing center draining on that. Oh, and 4 energy cells that I place hook up to charge on a regular basis. Oh and can't forget about the auto harvesting farms all running off Tesseracts to feed this sucker. =P

2) I'd suggest using a void pipe for the excess material. It's less laggy then dumping items into lava. Personal note: I think they look nicer too. =P

3) If you want FULL automation(as in you don't even have to worry about turning it on, and it shuts off at certain levels) Look into the Applied Energistics mod. Amazing stuff in there.

EDIT:: Also, it's hard to tell from you last SS, but are you only using 1 type of sapling? It looks like you have wheat, carrots and potatoes, which is great for efficiency, but you can actually use each of the different saplings(Birch, Oak, Spruce, Jungle, and I think even Rubber Tree saplings) to increase efficiency even higher! =P

My favourite build are my fully automated biofuel powerplant.

Nice, getting the biofuel is one of the biggest struggles ive had. once you get the basics its just insane how much power you can make.

The more diverse the fuel for the bioreactor is the more fuel you get. try all saplings pumpkins and melons since those two dont require planting.

My new favorite thing! Fully automated ore processing, don't have to touch a thing. =P

you gotta start somewhere! xD it looks nice. wait till you add more and starts feeling like a real factory at your basement.

Hey Bad, that looks really cool man, nice and clean. I always find it more impressive to see people do these things with Buildcraft instead of using AE items. I know I could have never pulled off my bio setup with just Buildcraft pipes. >.<

Thanks. I realy like to see what happens and look at the stuff moving throu the pipes. I only hook upp tesseract when I get tired of waiting. :)

1) You can add a LOT more Generators without needing to add more Reactors then you already have.

I have already figured that out but but since this setup produce more then we probably will ever need I havent bothered to hook up some more. :)

2) I'd suggest using a void pipe for the excess material. It's less laggy then dumping items into lava. Personal note: I think they look nicer too. =P

Thanks for the tip. Didnt even know they existed. :P

3) If you want FULL automation(as in you don't even have to worry about turning it on, and it shuts off at certain levels) Look into the Applied Energistics mod. Amazing stuff in there.

Well this is a fully autmated since it turns on and off itself when needed. Iron pipes seems to bugg out time to time so I have to rotate them right, now end then. I use redstone signal from gates to turn them.

EDIT:: Also, it's hard to tell from you last SS, but are you only using 1 type of sapling? It looks like you have wheat, carrots and potatoes, which is great for efficiency, but you can actually use each of the different saplings(Birch, Oak, Spruce, Jungle, and I think even Rubber Tree saplings) to increase efficiency even higher! =P

As fuel I use oak sapplings and spruce sapplings since they are the only ones I can plant in a 3*3 square. If I use others they will knock loose the sappling next to the them when turning into a full grown tree. I think I probably can plant them like the dots are when you roll a 5 on a dice to get around that. So for fuel I use oak, spruce, carrot, potato and wheat seeds. But I dont let any fertilizer get to the wheat since its such a poore ratio on them so it aint worth it. But good for kickstarting the system when it powers on.

Nice, getting the biofuel is one of the biggest struggles ive had. once you get the basics its just insane how much power you can make.

The more diverse the fuel for the bioreactor is the more fuel you get. try all saplings pumpkins and melons since those two dont require planting.

Can they be boosted with fertilizer? If so they are very intresting to add since they have a good seed ratio :)

Yea but then with pumpkins and melons you have to tie in Auto Crating tables to break them down to seeds, don't you? I don't think straight Pump/Melons work in the reactors.

As fuel I use oak sapplings and spruce sapplings since they are the only ones I can plant in a 3*3 square. If I use others they will knock loose the sappling next to the them when turning into a full grown tree.

Trick I stole from someone here(either Gildan or Dewfire). Simply all the blocks the planter would normally plan onto with cobble/stone/something trees wont grow on EXCEPT the center block that the planter is attached to. Only one tree with grow at a time, but the auto farm setups are so quick it wont matter anyway.

Trick I learned for myself so you don't need to produce as much: If you have your planters being fed saplings/seed/what ever automatically, they will take up to 9 full stacks(the 1.0.6 once at least... 1.1.5 takes a shit ton more) before passing the mats on to the rest of your setup. That's 576 saplings that aren't being utilized in your setup! To fix this, take a stack of dirt and fill up all but one of the planters inventory slots with a single dirt block. The planter can't do anything with it so it will stay there forever and essentially limit the excessive amounts of potential bio fuel that aren't being utilized!

http://imgur.com/5u0Df1Q

That's from 1.1.5, but the idea is the same. =P

Can they be boosted with fertilizer? If so they are very intresting to add since they have a good seed ratio :)

yes, fertilizer helps trees grow, and if you use a planter alongside any tree it wont matter, so dont worry about being only able to use a couple of trees. i have 4 different trees, potatoes, carrots and pumpkins and melons on a single planter. all but the pumpkins and melons benefit from the fertilizer.

Good rule of thumb for fertilizer. It if requires the planter, it will use fertilizer. So cactus, pumpkins, and melons will not use fertilizer. Sugar cane might accept it, I have not tested this though. There is no way to use sugar cane for biofuel though...

Trick I learned for myself so you don't need to produce as much: If you have your planters being fed saplings/seed/what ever automatically, they will take up to 9 full stacks(the 1.0.6 once at least... 1.1.5 takes a shit ton more) before passing the mats on to the rest of your setup. That's 576 saplings that aren't being utilized in your setup! To fix this, take a stack of dirt and fill up all but one of the planters inventory slots with a single dirt block. The planter can't do anything with it so it will stay there forever and essentially limit the excessive amounts of potential bio fuel that aren't being utilized!
I thought about trying to work around this, but in the grand scheme of things I decided it didn't really matter. At least with my current setup, I'm still mats-positive at all times, even with 4 Reactors (9 types each) and 40 Generators. Maybe once I switch to 1.1.5 and have some mining lasers to power I'll have to tweak things a bit, but "wasting" 1000 mats is pretty irrelevant when I have 20k+ of everything in my ME system.

if you have a "greatest" job and the that greatest job is succeeded by an ever greater job that greater job becomes the new greatest job. specially true in minecraft.

Wot? Ok.

Well, anyway, that's a really cool power core. Too bad you need so many tanks for all that fuel.

Wot? Ok.

Well, anyway, that's a really cool power core. Too bad you need so many tanks for all that fuel.

yeah, i require around 960 buckets of fuel every couple days or so. at this rate i guess i need around 1 large oil well or 2 medium ones each week to keep up. gotta start working on my fusion reactor.

also, i didn't see plowmanplow's post on high capacity liquid manager towers, by the time i read it i had most of the liquid containers there done. ill probably use it for my biogens.