Forestry

123xyz8

I assume that any forestry items/blocks will simply be deleted upon world load (or converted to random blocks that steal the now free block/item IDs). Your best bet is to tell people to get rid of any forestry-specific blocks and items that they have and to not make any new ones.

I assume that any forestry items/blocks will simply be deleted upon world load (or converted to random blocks that steal the now free block/item IDs). Your best bet is to tell people to get rid of any forestry-specific blocks and items that they have and to not make any new ones.

pretty much this. they'll either be air or something else. possibly breaking stuff but probably not

Forestry can probably be modified so it works with the launcher, but I doubt it's worth the effort. Better to spend that time finding a similar mod that isn't coded by a shithead.

As for Buildcraft itself, that is a possibility, but as I recall, Krapht likes us, so hopefully he'll keep Sengir's fuckery away from BC itself.

Dammit, minefactory gone, now forestry as well, looks like I`ll finally have to figure out a fully automated redpower-treefarm.

But the rubber-treefarm is gonna be kinda hard to do with redpower I guess. Anybody got experience with that?

Shithead or not (I know nothing about the guy), I liked that mod, especially the electrical engines...

@Sal, there's already a fully automated tree-farm setup that harvests Birch trees which could probably be adapted since they have similar enough growth patterns (ie: the wood will all be in a single column); you'd just have to adjust the max height variables (counters).

Videos of it in action: here and here.

Although, since rubber trees drop so few saplings, it might also need to be adjusted for an increase in efficiency in catching sapling drops; I might tinker with it and post a video if I get the chance (and someone else doesn't beat me to it :P).

Forestry is one of +- 5 mods we use on my server at all. Lot of people use it for automatic farming. Nobody uses computercraft (it does not work well anyway) or railcraft (IC teleporters ftw!). So why forestry? I think i am not only one to disagree with removing this mod. And AFAIK 90% of our engines are electrical ones. I think fixing this mod instead of removing it would be much better alternative.

I had second thoughts about posting in this forum, since I don't do SMP stuff, but hey, why not.

In order to "fix" Forestry, the hurdle right now is finding the line(s) in the code that are responsible for the detection and disabling. To do that, we need to wait until we can successfully run a version of Technic/Tekkit + Forestry that does actually disable functionality.

Once that is done, it can be decompiled, changed, and recompiled. Probably would still remain out of the Technic Pack (because who wants to support something like that?) but it could be manually-readded.

So if any of you get Forestry working and it turns off your stuff, post about it so those of us ready to patch away this nonsense can get to it.

Forestry is one of +- 5 mods we use on my server at all. Lot of people use it for automatic farming. Nobody uses computercraft (it does not work well anyway) or railcraft (IC teleporters ftw!). So why forestry? I think i am not only one to disagree with removing this mod. And AFAIK 90% of our engines are electrical ones. I think fixing this mod instead of removing it would be much better alternative.

they aren't removing it because they want to. They are removing it because sirSengir doesn't like technic / tekkit, and made the mod incompatible with the technic launcher.

Ofcourse it does seem like it's only a few if-else's which can easily be fixed, but I don't think you want to start that battle.

If something shows up that allows IC2 autoharvesting, then I can deal with forestry deciding to play tantruming toddler.

CC mining turtle, a drop catcher of some sort, RP cabling, two deployers (one with saplings, the other with bonemeal), and a breaker.

Turtle interfaces with the cable and triggers the deployers sequentially then the breaker. Then it goes out and mines everything down to the level right above the deployers. Finally it returns, drops everything, and restarts the sequence.

@Sal, there's already a fully automated tree-farm setup that harvests Birch trees which could probably be adapted since they have similar enough growth patterns (ie: the wood will all be in a single column); you'd just have to adjust the max height variables (counters).

Videos of it in action: here and here.

Although, since rubber trees drop so few saplings, it might also need to be adjusted for an increase in efficiency in catching sapling drops; I might tinker with it and post a video if I get the chance (and someone else doesn't beat me to it :P).

hmm, that's not bad for a start, might try that one... thanks!

Pfft. Just find a jungle, get some saplings and bonemeal-grow the über-trees. You can get >64 wood from one of those, and you'll usually make a profit on the saplings too.

yeah... but that would be the vanilla approach, and as I'm kind of an automation-freak, that's not really an option for me...

Automating everything possible is my main motivation playing technic.

yeah... but that would be the vanilla approach, and as I'm kind of an automation-freak, that's not really an option for me...

Automating everything possible is my main motivation playing technic.

Deployers, transposers. Not certain it works, but I'll have quick look.

Yeah, maybe one could even integrate treecapitator by supplying a deployer with axes which

get repaired in an alchemical chest with a talisman of repair... Gotta try if the retriever can make

a difference between used an unused tools though...

But I think the rubber farm will be quite challenging, can't really think of a way to automatically

harvest the sticky resin, but I could make it bigger and extract 1 resin from the wood at least.

Altough the low sapling drop rate NightKev mentioned could become a problem...

Or maybe not chop down the rubber trees at all and instead figure out a way to harvest the

resin spots with a deployer using tree taps (bud-switches should give a signal when resin

grows, no?)

However, there'so much stuff to try out now, I think we have to thank SirSengir for being a dick

and hence inspiring our creativity!

I tried the tree-farm thing. It doesn't work too well. You can only grow normal trees, though you still get fairly good amounts of wood from those. However, you cannot cut them down by using an axe in a transposer, since they act as RIGHT clicks, not held left clicks.