Tekkit SMP Grief Issues... (Patch for proper EE logging: 4th post)

annias

The following items have all been identified as causing serious destruction problems, bypassing LogBlock, WorldGaurd, and PermissionsEX item nodes. Can anyone shed some light on how to effectively disable the following list of items from a Tekkit SMP Server (Mods are primarily EE & IC2):

Red Matter

Pickaxe 27564

Katar 27572

Morningstar 27573

Shovel 27,565

Axe 27568

Hammer 27570

&

Catalytic Lens 27556

Destruction Catalyst 27527

Hyperkinetic Lens 27535

Mercurial Eye 27583

Ring of Ignition 27533

Volcanite Amulet 27531

Nova Catalyst 128:10

Nova Cataclysm 128:11

Ring of Arcanna 27584

Mining Laser 30208

Dynamite 30214

Sticky Dynamite 30215

Philosopher's Stone 27526

I enjoy providing and administrating a Tekkit SMP server and community, as I'm sure many of you do, but with these items wreaking havoc on a daily basis it is frustrating for players and moderators alike. With no proper protection from the above listed item's abilities the only recourse is rollbacks from automated backups and that is not a preferable way to handle this.

Thanks for your time, your help is very appreciated.

EDIT: Through some effort and conversations here and among developers on IRC this problem has been solved by disabling the crafting of or outright disabling the items abilities when possible, see below: (temporarily until Thomas creates patches for all EE/IC2 grief tools)

Ok, in your main minecraft server folder there is a file called mod_EE.props, open it. Inside you should see a list of EE items and the ID's they are assigned, and below that you will see a list of variables that begin with Allow such as:

AllowRMTools=1

You will want to change the items you wish to block to 0:

AllowRMTools=0

This effectively stops the crafting of the items. Players who still have the item will be able to use it. I recommend a mod such as OpenInventory so that you can remove the items which have already been created. I have been replacing the RM tools with DM tools for players to respect their grinding effort.

My modified SMP Grief Prevention mod_EE.props:

http://pastebin.com/ZGcW4AAS

You can replace your current mod_EE.props with this and you'll be fairly safe. I have not currently prohibited Philo stones as they are needed for many crafting recipes. The suggestion has been made to the EE team to separate the block transmutation ability allow from the item itself. I'll report more on that as it comes! This page was just added to the EE Wiki as well. It's the same information but also shares that if you just change the item ID variable to 0 in the list within mod_EE.props it will also prevent your mods and admins from using spawned versions of the items.

http://equivalentexchange.wikispaces.com/Multiplayer+Help

The mod_EE.props file contains settings that can be used to ban the Equivalent Exchange items commonly used to grief and otherwise be unproductive.These items are:

Catalytic Lens - Block breaking

Destruction Catalyst - Block breaking

Hyperkinetic Lens - Block breaking

Mercurial Eye - Spamming materials

Ring of Ignition - Lots of fire

Ring of Arcana - Lots of fire

Volcanite Amulet - Spam lava

Nova Catalyst - Huge explosion

Nova Cataclysm - Huge explosion

Infernal Armor - Spammable explosions

Abyss Helmet - Spammable lightning bolts

Additionally, you may want to also include these items:

Zero Ring - Making snow

Swiftwolf's Rending Gale - Flying, although it does have a cost

Evertide Amulet - Spam water

Red Matter Tools

Dark Matter Tools

Other Gem Armor

As for IC2 items that can cause trouble again look in your server's main folder and locate the config folder. Within it you will find a file called IC2.cfg.

Open this file and edit some of the following variables to tune your IC2 to your liking: (Note, these are my settings to prevent mining laser grief and tame nuke and nuclear generator explosions a bit.)

enableCraftingLaser=false

enableCraftingNuke=false

explosionPowerNuke=15.0

explosionPowerReactorMax=10.0

There you have it folks, no more Tekkit SMP grief! Have fun

Re: Tekkit SMP Grief Issues, Offending Item List

Are you talking about the file mod_EE.props in the server's main directory? I looked in the /mod/ folder where the [3]EE2ServerV1.38-bukkit-cb1938.zip resides. Looking inside of it there are only java class files, not external yaml config.

If it is indeed the props file, do i simply remove the id's of the items i don't want to exist? If not, can you please give the filename I should be looking to edit and it's usual path so I know where to find it?

Thank you very much for your help.

Off the top of my head I'm not sure the actual file path. Try in the Congolese called config. That is the location of all the configuration files alPhabtetocally. All it takes is finding something along the lines of EE and then going through the names of the items and turning off whichever ones you don't want. Mind you the EE Properties file with all the item id's something you do not want to touch because it changes the item id's of the items.

I created a patch for the DM Hammer, RM Hammer and Red Morningstar tools which sends the correct events to Bukkit before performing right-click functionality. This means damage caused by those tools can be rolled back using LogBlock, and things like Towny work.

The patch can be accessed here. There are installation instructions also.

Thank you for those patched .class files Thomas! This is a big step in the right direction. I'd really like to understand how to completely disable the items I listed from EE and Buildcraft as they pose the biggest threat to Tekkit servers atm. I suppose if I was able to actually log the ability use breakage of blocks like your patch allows for it would be easier to track down offenders.

Thanks for your efforts, still looking for a way to handle the rest of this list with some sort of patch or even a workaround with other plugin/configs.

Most of our community is open source, it boggles my mind why it's so difficult to get folks who have already solved this problem to share their method. Anyone out there? (Again thank you for sharing your work Thomas)

I created a patch for the DM Hammer, RM Hammer and Red Morningstar tools which sends the correct events to Bukkit before performing right-click functionality. This means damage caused by those tools can be rolled back using LogBlock, and things like Towny work.

The patch can be accessed here. There are installation instructions also.

You are a saint!! Does the patch fix all of EE related offenders?

EDIT: I see now that it only fixes the DM/RM picks, and the morning star... can you fix the others as well :D

EDIT (again): It seems to be working well, blocks destroying in protected areas for me with DM/RM pick and the morning star :D

I'll have a stab at patching the rest of the tools once the Tekkit 1.3 is released properly - there's no point patching classes that are likely to change over the next few days.

Understood, thanks for the fix that you have provided thus far, you have done a great thing for the tekkit community!!

Ok, in your main minecraft server folder there is a file called mod_EE.props, open it. Inside you should see a list of EE items and the ID's they are assigned, and below that you will see a list of variables that begin with Allow such as:

AllowRMTools=1

You will want to change the items you wish to block to 0:

AllowRMTools=0

This effectively stops the crafting of the items. Players who still have the item will be able to use it. I recommend a mod such as OpenInventory so that you can remove the items which have already been created. I have been replacing the RM tools with DM tools for players to respect their grinding effort.

My modified SMP Grief Prevention mod_EE.props:

http://pastebin.com/ZGcW4AAS

You can replace your current mod_EE.props with this and you'll be fairly safe. I have not currently prohibited Philo stones as they are needed for many crafting recipes. The suggestion has been made to the EE team to separate the block transmutation ability allow from the item itself. I'll report more on that as it comes! This page was just added to the EE Wiki as well. It's the same information but also shares that if you just change the item ID variable to 0 in the list within mod_EE.props it will also prevent your mods and admins from using spawned versions of the items.

http://equivalentexchange.wikispaces.com/Multiplayer+Help

The mod_EE.props file contains settings that can be used to ban the Equivalent Exchange items commonly used to grief and otherwise be unproductive.These items are:

Catalytic Lens - Block breaking

Destruction Catalyst - Block breaking

Hyperkinetic Lens - Block breaking

Mercurial Eye - Spamming materials

Ring of Ignition - Lots of fire

Ring of Arcana - Lots of fire

Volcanite Amulet - Spam lava

Nova Catalyst - Huge explosion

Nova Cataclysm - Huge explosion

Infernal Armor - Spammable explosions

Abyss Helmet - Spammable lightning bolts

Additionally, you may want to also include these items:

Zero Ring - Making snow

Swiftwolf's Rending Gale - Flying, although it does have a cost

Evertide Amulet - Spam water

Red Matter Tools

Dark Matter Tools

Other Gem Armor

As for IC2 items that can cause trouble again look in your server's main folder and locate the config folder. Within it you will find a file called IC2.cfg.

Open this file and edit some of the following variables to tune your IC2 to your liking: (Note, these are my settings to prevent mining laser grief and tame nuke and nuclear generator explosions a bit.)

enableCraftingLaser=false

enableCraftingNuke=false

explosionPowerNuke=15.0

explosionPowerReactorMax=10.0

There you have it folks, no more Tekkit SMP grief! Have fun :)

Ok great work,i also run a popular tekkit server and EE is the most annoying thing me and my Admins have to deal with.This one i have now is my second one as the first one was so badly destroyed by EE.

The only problem with disabling the crafting of the items,is that if a player gets hold of a Tranmutation table he can also get hold of those RM items.

Also i tried disabling EE as a whole but then my Player base suffers somewhat massively.

If anyone knows how to disable the TT could you please post i can't seem to find it in the EE_mod file.

Thanks.

EDIT: btw i just installed that EE patch, bravo sir. A big step in the right direction i say :)

I'm afraid that there doesn't seem to be that option as the lines in question from mod_EE.props are:

AllowCollectors=1

AllowCondensers=1

AllowRelays=1

There isn't any separation of the types here. You might address this in the EE forum to see if someone will create a custom fix for you.

I'm currently interested in figuring out a way to disable the philo stone transmute to sand ability, it is one of the only remaining issues as I do not want to remove it from the server due to it's necessity as a crafting resource for other items. Of course with it being the only remaining grief possibility people are abusing it.

Anyone have an idea or hotfix for this issue?

Hey all, still trying to sort out the last of the SMP grief issues which is the Philosopher's Stone. It is literally the only item left that people can abuse and lo and behold this morning when I woke up, in the four hours that I slept, someone destroyed a good bit of spawn, the battlenight lounges, the battlenight arena, and a fair number of peoples Towny protected homes.

I have researched throughout the forum and seen the ModifyWorld PermissionsEX fix which looks like this:

- -modifyworld.item.use.27526.on.block.*

Unfortunately this is not stopping it. I also have modifyworld.* in this group as well as I found removing it causes players to not be able to do anything.

Is there a particular syntax that I need to use to make this effective? I'd really like to allow philo stones to exist as they are needed for crafting other EE items, but if I can't get this sorted out I'm considering removing EE altogether and that would be a big blow to the community and I'm sure others are facing the same issue.

Is anyone out there wise enough to help us tighten up this last griefing possibility?

Your help is much appreciated.

Hi and i hate What EE does to my server. I have just used the patched files (to stop RM tools) and managed to stop block placement at spawn. now as you say Phil stone is a pain, i would imagine its the same idea as changing the code in the same way that the patched Rm and DM class files where configured to go through bukkit.

I created a patch for the Destruction Catalyst now with thomas! I'm going to do the rest soon because I'm also a server admin and I want to get our buildings safe :)

http://valssi.fixme.fi/~viderizer/ItemCatalystStone.rar

Place the class file to your ZIP's "ee" folder, overwriting the existing one.

EDIT: http://valssi.fixme.fi/~viderizer/ItemHyperCatalyst.rar for Catalytic Lense. (Didn't test this one ingame yet so I'm not 100% sure it works)

Tell me what items you'd like patched still, and I'll patch them.

Please check the sticky in this section about howto dissable the tablet/table. The post I made should provide you with enought info on howto get them removed.

Edit, is it possible to get this made as a "plugin" that can be added to a Tekkit pluginpack? Ive been talking to some plugindevs, in regards of getting allowed to make a pack, that should cover basic stuff for serverowners in regards of landprotection etc, that everyone can be able to download, and install on theyre server, with premade configs, so they dont need to worry to much.

as a server admin/owner, if you're using modify world, and want to stop griefing from an item, using modifyworld works, easiest syntax to use is - -modifyworld.item.use.(item id).* you don't have to put anything beyond that since it'll cover everything. We allow people to use their rm/dm tools but if someone griefs, we remove the ability for a day or so. You can use that for dr. phil's stone also, and it's still usable in the crafting table. It doesn't block the recipes from being made, but we use a recipe blocker for that. And if you use that method, don't allow the use of crafting table II because they allow you to make said banned items and has a dupe glitch. So everyone has learned to keep their tools in check, and warn people not to use them in the wrong way. As my uncle once said, "With great power comes great responsibility."