Patch for EE mining tools - no more griefing with them!

Pretty sure I did patch the lens, and as for the amulets, they create blocks (which is hard/impossible to patch because the BlockPlaceEvent expects the player to be holding a stack of items and to have right clicked against a block face).

Not sure about the tools discharging when you leave a protected area, never seen that behaviour before. Might be a funky plugin.

I'm looking at the blockplaceevent API right now, and wouldn't it be possible to: lie to bukkit, say they had a lava block in their hand, and use the orb's hit detection to determine the block it was placed against?

I'm certainly no expert at bukkit's API, but it seems to be asking the plugin all these things, instead of filling them in for you. please correct me if this is incorrect though, I really want to learn how bukkit handles its events (ive been modding vanilla MC, but i really want to move onto bukkit plugins) and if it would be possible to fix these tools to not be such excellent griefing tools. They may be only able to place tnt 4 blocks into protected regions, but it still blows up (and i don't want to have to disable tnt explosions in regions).

also: it's probably just factions, seeing as that's the plugin creating the regions, I'll check into it. it's a nice accidental feature though

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm looking at the blockplaceevent API right now, and wouldn't it be possible to: lie to bukkit, say they had a lava block in their hand, and use the orb's hit detection to determine the block it was placed against?

I'm certainly no expert at bukkit's API, but it seems to be asking the plugin all these things, instead of filling them in for you. please correct me if this is incorrect though, I really want to learn how bukkit handles its events (ive been modding vanilla MC, but i really want to move onto bukkit plugins) and if it would be possible to fix these tools to not be such excellent griefing tools. They may be only able to place tnt 4 blocks into protected regions, but it still blows up (and i don't want to have to disable tnt explosions in regions).

also: it's probably just factions, seeing as that's the plugin creating the regions, I'll check into it. it's a nice accidental feature though

Thing is, the player can look up into the air and place water all in the sky - no blocks are even being right clicked against.

Can you maybe somehow.. make button do some other action unlike the originaly designed one? LIke, work as a bucket of water that is endless, would require block interaction.

Or in the worst case, just remove the effect from item so we dont have to ban it and it would still allow people to craft it, that would do I think

Can you maybe somehow.. make button do some other action unlike the originaly designed one? LIke, work as a bucket of water that is endless, would require block interaction.

Or in the worst case, just remove the effect from item so we dont have to ban it and it would still allow people to craft it, that would do I think

endless bucket of water: easy, creative mode already does it. I was planning on placing a use ban on them, but allow them to be crafted in order to use their passive effects (immunity to lava, as a substitute for a lava bucket in crafting, etc...) if the little bugs cannot be fixed

Thing is, the player can look up into the air and place water all in the sky - no blocks are even being right clicked against.

hmmm, the plugin that i use to track players (activity logger) records even if the person right clicks on air, and couldn't you make it so if the orb doesn't collide with a block, it won't make lava?

If you find this annoying, please tell me, i just want to be able to bounce ideas off of people to get everything working at its best.

Just an update about the items discharging: it had nothing to do with this, it was tekkitrestrict (i havn't gotten to tweaking everything) defaultly removing item charge. again: thanks for the nice patch. would be nice if you could track block placers, but I'll just log that using other plugins for now.

Just an update about the items discharging: it had nothing to do with this, it was tekkitrestrict (i havn't gotten to tweaking everything) defaultly removing item charge. again: thanks for the nice patch. would be nice if you could track block placers, but I'll just log that using other plugins for now.

You actualy got decharge to work? For me it never did any kind of effect, or it doesnt work for you either?

If it does, could you paste me your config to pm or here, would be glad to see it

You actualy got decharge to work? For me it never did any kind of effect, or it doesnt work for you either?

If it does, could you paste me your config to pm or here, would be glad to see it

It simply has to do with regions that you own/don't own. If you own the region, you can charge your weapons as normal. if you step into a region that you are not EXPLICITLY owning, it discharges. for me: i simply used factions. In my faction's land i could use the tools as normal, but once i stepped into wilderness or safezone, all items discharged and i couldn't get them to charge back up. (was really annoying at first because i didnt know what was happening) i would think the same thing would happen with WG regions or something. all of my configs were completely stock

It seems that the tools are quite lacking after i installed the changes. when you break a block with them, then it first disappears several seconds later, giving both me and my players quite a headache. there is no errors in the console, and the problem appeared after i installed this.

also get this error when using the right click function

http://pastebin.com/8DnFDXLp

after that, the server crash

It seems that the tools are quite lacking after i installed the changes. when you break a block with them, then it first disappears several seconds later, giving both me and my players quite a headache. there is no errors in the console, and the problem appeared after i installed this.

Try runing server while only u are in it, and make sure it doesnt lag, if that removes the problem then just upgrade your server ram/cpu

Try runing server while only u are in it, and make sure it doesnt lag, if that removes the problem then just upgrade your server ram/cpu

it still lacks when it's only me, and about ram cpu it's 10 GB i7 core 3,4 Ghz, so that shouldn't be a problem.

btw i'm using version 4, as from what i could understand is the latest, is that right?

also get this error when using the right click function

http://pastebin.com/8DnFDXLp

after that, the server crash

looking over your error log (thanks for that BTW, almost nobody does that anymore...) did you install the classes over EE, or did you completely replace the zip file? this is only a patch and needs the rest of EE to function. I ask because your server says it doesn't know how to do a search. also: if your server running bukkit forge 1.2.5? it's acting as if it doesn't know what a human is either, although that may just be an extention of the problem.

As for the blocks disappearing: That's called lag. you never said what kind of ram you have on there. Also: 3.1.2 is the most recent version. if you're talking about CB revision 4, you shouldn't mess with the setup they have, it's pretty well optimized and has many bugs fixed that would happen if you installed things as normal. Also: you're running it from the batch file, correct? if you launch it from the .jar directly it gets default amounts of CPU priority and RAM usage, which is rather low.

looking over your error log (thanks for that BTW, almost nobody does that anymore...) did you install the classes over EE, or did you completely replace the zip file? this is only a patch and needs the rest of EE to function. I ask because your server says it doesn't know how to do a search. also: if your server running bukkit forge 1.2.5? it's acting as if it doesn't know what a human is either, although that may just be an extention of the problem.

As for the blocks disappearing: That's called lag. you never said what kind of ram you have on there. Also: 3.1.2 is the most recent version. if you're talking about CB revision 4, you shouldn't mess with the setup they have, it's pretty well optimized and has many bugs fixed that would happen if you installed things as normal. Also: you're running it from the batch file, correct? if you launch it from the .jar directly it gets default amounts of CPU priority and RAM usage, which is rather low.

I installed it as you wrote in the first post. It's just a standard tekkit server, I did nothing towards editing the files. And yes, I'm running from the batch file. I can try sending you an entire log file, from server startup to crash from the tools, if you would like to, that way you should be able to hopefully get most of your questions answered?

The computer I'm running the server of is 16 gb ram, i7 core 3,4 gh. And never lagged unless the console spammed errors.

The exact problem about the blocks that doesn't cause crash happens like this:

1: mine stone block with RM/DM pickaxe

2: stone block break as I should

3: stone block reappear.

4: try to mine stone block again.

5: repeat a few times.

6: stone block finally disappears.

7: sometimes when trying to go through where the block earlier was, it act as if you're stuck between a few blocks.

That's mainly what I can tell you. But I can easily send you a full log with crash and all, if you would like that.

Edit: made a log file for you to look through, see if it can help you find the issue

http://pastebin.com/qRhzYh5Q

snip

it may be some of your plugins, some are spitting out errors (a few are okay here and there, but a lot are erroring. especially ones like:

1. 2012-10-16 21:56:28 [WARNING] [tekkitrestrict] tr[sqlite] Error at SQL Query: query does not return ResultSet

2012-10-16 21:56:28 [WARNING] [tekkitrestrict] tr[sqlite] Error at SQL Query: query does not return ResultSet

something's also messing with the turtle...

2012-10-16 21:56:44 [sEVERE] Invalid turtle FakePlayer mode: [Turtle]! Using NULL mode!

i would remove all your plugins then check which one causes the errors by adding them back 1 at a time.

• 2 weeks later...

So this makes it so EE items, such as the Morning Star doesn't work in protected regions such as you define in WorldGuard?

Does this apply to the Infernal Armour too? and if so, does it go through GodMode or is that patched aswell?

Thanks In Advance

• 3 weeks later...

Hello. I have an issue. I just installed this patch into my server. I am running 3.1.2 at the moment, hoping to go to 3.1.3 soon. I have had EE turned off and wanted it back on. Anyway We installed this patch and found it to not work. I did everything that was in the instructions, however my swatchdog could not see who did it just like it has sense I have had tekkit. I also tried another program to no a vale. It also does not work with my worldguard. So my spawn was still open to attack, So After some testing I had to turn off EE again. I was wondering if I did something wrong, or if something has changed. I used your version 4 and followed directions. If you could let me know. Thank you.

Version 1 - 4 are for very old versions of Tekkit. I've just removed them from the OP to prevent confusion.

The version numbers now correspond to the Tekkit version they target. For instance, 311a targets Tekkit 3.1.1. The letter ("a" in this case) indicates the version of the patch. The latest version of the patch is 311a. I did order the download list such that the top one is always the newest.

On this note, has anyone tested the patch to see if it works with 3.1.2 or 3.1.3?

I can confirm that version 311a works with tekkit server version 3.1.2

no error or anything, mostly vanilla server, tested both with and without antigriefplugin. haven't tested with logger as i don't have one setup, or mySQL setup on my pc.

and will guess that it also work on 3.1.3 servers as EE remains the same version.

Edit: Can also confirm that it works flawless on my heavily Plugin filled server, no errors at all.

Haven't been able to test if it also get registered in my logging plugin on the server, but i expect it to work, will report back later when my server become populated again.

24.11 22:26:17 [server] SEVERE Exception in thread "Thread-3"

24.11 22:26:17 [server] INFO Stopping server

24.11 22:26:17 [server] SEVERE at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:492)

24.11 22:26:17 [server] SEVERE at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:497)

24.11 22:26:17 [server] SEVERE at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.stop(MinecraftServer.java:424)

24.11 22:26:17 [server] SEVERE at java.util.ArrayList.get(Unknown Source)

24.11 22:26:17 [server] SEVERE at java.util.ArrayList.rangeCheck(Unknown Source)

24.11 22:26:17 [server] SEVERE java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException: Index: 0, Size: 0

24.11 22:26:17 [server] INFO Stopping server

24.11 22:26:17 [Multicraft] Skipped 31 lines due to rate limit (30/s)

24.11 22:26:17 [Multicraft] Stopping Minecraft!

24.11 22:26:17 [Multicraft] Received stop command

24.11 22:26:00 [server] SEVERE at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)

24.11 22:26:00 [server] SEVERE at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source)

24.11 22:26:00 [server] SEVERE at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source)

24.11 22:26:00 [server] SEVERE Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: EE2ServerV1.4.6.5-bukkit-mcpc-1.2.5-r5.net.minecraft.server.mod_EE

24.11 22:26:00 [server] SEVERE ... 5 more

24.11 22:26:00 [server] SEVERE at cpw.mods.fml.common.Loader.load(Loader.java:419)

24.11 22:26:00 [server] SEVERE at cpw.mods.fml.common.Loader.attemptFileLoad(Loader.java:562)

24.11 22:26:00 [server] SEVERE at cpw.mods.fml.common.Loader.loadModClass(Loader.java:527)

24.11 22:26:00 [server] SEVERE Caused by: cpw.mods.fml.common.LoaderException: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: EE2ServerV1.4.6.5-bukkit-mcpc-1.2.5-r5.net.minecraft.server.mod_EE

24.11 22:26:00 [server] SEVERE at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:492)

24.11 22:26:00 [server] SEVERE at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:438)

24.11 22:26:00 [server] SEVERE at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.init(MinecraftServer.java:135)

24.11 22:26:00 [server] SEVERE at cpw.mods.fml.server.FMLBukkitHandler.onPreLoad(FMLBukkitHandler.java:134)

24.11 22:26:00 [server] SEVERE at cpw.mods.fml.common.Loader.loadMods(Loader.java:606)

24.11 22:26:00 [server] SEVERE at cpw.mods.fml.common.Loader.load(Loader.java:436)

24.11 22:26:00 [server] SEVERE cpw.mods.fml.common.LoaderException: cpw.mods.fml.common.LoaderException: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: EE2ServerV1.4.6.5-bukkit-mcpc-1.2.5-r5.net.minecraft.server.mod_EE

24.11 22:26:00 [server] SEVERE A problem has occured during mod loading. Likely a corrupt jar is located in your mods directory

24.11 22:26:00 [server] INFO Directory weaponmod contained no mods

24.11 22:26:00 [server] INFO File EE2ServerV1.4.6.5-bukkit-mcpc-1.2.5-r5.zip contained no mods

24.11 22:26:00 [server] SEVERE Zip file EE2ServerV1.4.6.5-bukkit-mcpc-1.2.5-r5.zip failed to read properly

24.11 22:26:00 [server] WARNING Failed to load mod class EE2ServerV1.4.6.5-bukkit-mcpc-1.2.5-r5/net/minecraft/server/mod_EE.class in /home/minecraft/multicraft/servers/server593/mods/EE2ServerV1.4.6.5-bukkit-mcpc-1.2.5-r5.zip

24.11 22:26:00 [server] INFO Loading mods from /home/minecraft/multicraft/servers/server593/mods

24.11 22:26:00 [server] INFO Forge Mod Loader version 2.2.91.173 for Minecraft 1.2.5 loading

24.11 22:26:00 [server] INFO Completed early MinecraftForge initialization

24.11 22:26:00 [server] INFO Attempting early MinecraftForge initialization

24.11 22:26:00 [server] INFO Starting minecraft server version 1.2.5

24.11 22:26:00 [server] INFO 27 achievements

24.11 22:26:00 [server] INFO 182 recipes

I did exactly what you said... Help please?

• 1 month later...

I installed the patch (several times...first it didn't work, but there really isn't a good program like winRAR for mac...) and now it gives me a major.minor error only for EntityHyperkinesis.class. I don't get it + I am sure I've got Java 7, because Feed the beast refuses to work :P

• 2 weeks later...

You could put code saying that the amulet or philosophers stone generated the water/lava quickly mine the stone then place the cobblestone, and link the player to the tool to the block. Also, air IS a block, and say it was somehow placed on an air block because of an exception with the mod. That would fix the no "change-block" log, placing with something else so no stack in hand, and messy aftermath.

• 3 weeks later...