Patch for EE mining tools - no more griefing with them!

I have a slight problem with this, when someone uses a EE tool to try and destroy in someones faction land console gets spammed with

-Slot changing (0)

-Slot changing (1)

-Slot changing (5)

-Slot changing (2)

And so on with loads of other random numbers, as I'm currently running a popular server with 150 players, if about 20 players try to use the EE to destroy in faction land, it crashes the server.

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a slight problem with this, when someone uses a EE tool to try and destroy in someones faction land console gets spammed with

-Slot changing (0)

-Slot changing (1)

-Slot changing (5)

-Slot changing (2)

And so on with loads of other random numbers, as I'm currently running a popular server with 150 players, if about 20 players try to use the EE to destroy in faction land, it crashes the server.

I get spammed exactly the same, but it wont crash server for me

When looking at CoreProtect logs, I always get the response that the blocks were removed by 'creeper's. Is there a way to make it so that the players name is there instead?

This fix does that, it logs weapon effects as player actions and in that way it prevents it from griefing

• 2 weeks later...

Basically i followed the instructions then restarted all ee items went so i reset it back to how it was how do I install this ?

I think that is why the instructions on first post say backup your world files so if this happens then just copy the backup over to original position

False alarm, i've got confused with version number, and tought 4 is 4.0.0 so i downloaded an old one.

Applied the proper patch and now its working fine.

Red mace crashing my server, 3.1.2

also, if i brake a non vanilla block with left click, it's instantly grows back

the block reapeating exist with rm/dm pickaxe and axe too

• 2 weeks later...

When I try to install this on my server, it will work, but when I try to use the right-click feature on some of the tools like the Red Morning Star, nothing will happen and about 30 seconds later, the server will crash. If I go through the server log, I find this error repeated several times:

[sEVERE] Could not pass event BlockBreakEvent to CoreProtect

org.bukkit.event.EventException

at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$1.execute(JavaPluginLoader.java:304)

at org.bukkit.plugin.RegisteredListener.callEvent(RegisteredListener.java:62)

at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.fireEvent(SimplePluginManager.java:482)

at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.callEvent(SimplePluginManager.java:467)

at ee.ItemEECharged.attemptBreak(ItemEECharged.java:436)

at ee.ItemRedMace.onItemUseHammer(ItemRedMace.java:428)

at ee.ItemRedMace.interactWith(ItemRedMace.java:402)

at net.minecraft.server.ItemStack.placeItem(ItemStack.java:83)

at net.minecraft.server.ItemInWorldManager.interact(ItemInWorldManager.java:318)

at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:647)

at net.minecraft.server.Packet15Place.handle(SourceFile:39)

at net.minecraft.server.NetworkManager.b(NetworkManager.java:234)

at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:119)

at net.minecraft.server.NetworkListenThread.a(NetworkListenThread.java:83)

at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.w(MinecraftServer.java:579)

at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:467)

at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:492)

Caused by: java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: unable to create new native thread

at java.lang.Thread.start0(Native Method)

at java.lang.Thread.start(Unknown Source)

at aux.aux.aux.Aux.Code(CoreProtectionBlockListener.java:742)

at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor42.invoke(Unknown Source)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)

at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$1.execute(JavaPluginLoader.java:302)

... 16 more

I downloaded the 311a version.

When I try to install this on my server, it will work, but when I try to use the right-click feature on some of the tools like the Red Morning Star, nothing will happen and about 30 seconds later, the server will crash. If I go through the server log, I find this error repeated several times:

[sEVERE] Could not pass event BlockBreakEvent to CoreProtect

blah

... 16 more

I downloaded the 311a version.

get the 4.0.0 one the numbering is missleading

I was digging around the code because i really wanted to fix the last few items up, and wanted to check how you did it, and I must say, Some of these tools took a bit of modification to work, so thanks for that (why on earth would you make a tool that registers itself as the world instead of the item's owner?!). but also, a bit of a complaint: Why did you change the style of the files? the originals took up a lot more lines, yes. but it made for clearer organization, and made sure certain functions were for sure inside others. Also: when tearing through the files, determining exactly what you had to change, it makes the differences show up like crazy, even though most of them are style changes. What I'm trying to say is: don't fix what isn't broken. The tools' block breaking was broken, the style was not.

In the end: thanks for the patch, it's really helpful, could you possibly finish up the last 4 items? that would be really helpful (if you wont: how would i go about it, would i have to break the blocks then place them all again, or is there some easy way of block replacement? (i assume there has to be, for furnaces and RS Ore))

update: taking a look into how the amulets work: is it even possible to link them back to a player? it seems to make the essence ball, then do nothing else, and the essence ball is made by the world (i think) so if that one is possible, it's a lot harder than the other tools

Hey i want to run a 1.3.2 tekkit server with factions working but everytime i add the files i come up with the error below! Am i downloading the wrong version or is it my java please help me!

22:35:20 [sEVERE] java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: ee/EntityHyperkinesis

: Unsupported major.minor version 51.0

22:35:20 [sEVERE] at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass1(Native Method)

22:35:20 [sEVERE] at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClassCond(Unknown Source)

22:35:20 [sEVERE] at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)

22:35:20 [sEVERE] at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown S

ource)

22:35:20 [sEVERE] at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)

22:35:20 [sEVERE] at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$000(Unknown Source)

22:35:20 [sEVERE] at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source)

22:35:20 [sEVERE] at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Me

thod)

22:35:20 [sEVERE] at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)

22:35:20 [sEVERE] at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)

22:35:20 [sEVERE] at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown So

urce)

22:35:20 [sEVERE] at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)

22:35:20 [sEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.mod_EE.<init>(mod_EE.java:67)

22:35:20 [sEVERE] at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance

0(Native Method)

22:35:20 [sEVERE] at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance

(Unknown Source)

22:35:20 [sEVERE] at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInst

ance(Unknown Source)

22:35:20 [sEVERE] at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Unknown Sou

rce)

22:35:20 [sEVERE] at java.lang.Class.newInstance0(Unknown Source)

22:35:20 [sEVERE] at java.lang.Class.newInstance(Unknown Source)

22:35:20 [sEVERE] at cpw.mods.fml.common.modloader.ModLoaderModContainer.p

reInit(ModLoaderModContainer.java:107)

22:35:20 [sEVERE] at cpw.mods.fml.common.Loader.preModInit(Loader.java:235

)

22:35:20 [sEVERE] at cpw.mods.fml.common.Loader.loadMods(Loader.java:607)

22:35:20 [sEVERE] at cpw.mods.fml.server.FMLBukkitHandler.onPreLoad(FMLBuk

kitHandler.java:134)

22:35:20 [sEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.init(MinecraftSe

rver.java:135)

22:35:20 [sEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftSer

ver.java:438)

22:35:20 [sEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(Sour

ceFile:492)

22:35:20 [sEVERE] Unexpected exception

java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: ee/EntityHyperkinesis : Unsupported majo

r.minor version 51.0

at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass1(Native Method)

at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClassCond(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)

at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)

at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)

at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$000(Unknown Source)

at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source)

at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)

at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)

at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)

at net.minecraft.server.mod_EE.<init>(mod_EE.java:67)

at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Source)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Sou

rce)

at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.Class.newInstance0(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.Class.newInstance(Unknown Source)

at cpw.mods.fml.common.modloader.ModLoaderModContainer.preInit(ModLoader

ModContainer.java:107)

at cpw.mods.fml.common.Loader.preModInit(Loader.java:235)

at cpw.mods.fml.common.Loader.loadMods(Loader.java:607)

at cpw.mods.fml.server.FMLBukkitHandler.onPreLoad(FMLBukkitHandler.java:

134)

at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.init(MinecraftServer.java:135)

at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:438)

at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:492)

>

I was digging around the code because i really wanted to fix the last few items up, and wanted to check how you did it, and I must say, Some of these tools took a bit of modification to work, so thanks for that (why on earth would you make a tool that registers itself as the world instead of the item's owner?!). but also, a bit of a complaint: Why did you change the style of the files? the originals took up a lot more lines, yes. but it made for clearer organization, and made sure certain functions were for sure inside others. Also: when tearing through the files, determining exactly what you had to change, it makes the differences show up like crazy, even though most of them are style changes. What I'm trying to say is: don't fix what isn't broken. The tools' block breaking was broken, the style was not.

In the end: thanks for the patch, it's really helpful, could you possibly finish up the last 4 items? that would be really helpful (if you wont: how would i go about it, would i have to break the blocks then place them all again, or is there some easy way of block replacement? (i assume there has to be, for furnaces and RS Ore))

update: taking a look into how the amulets work: is it even possible to link them back to a player? it seems to make the essence ball, then do nothing else, and the essence ball is made by the world (i think) so if that one is possible, it's a lot harder than the other tools

Just so you know, the compile/decompile process does not preserve the "style" - what you see is completely reproduced from Java's virtual machine code. I decompiled the code, added the fix, and recompiled - nothing else was changed.

Also, I believe furnaces and RS ore use metadata and not seperate block IDs (though I could be wrong).

Just so you know, the compile/decompile process does not preserve the "style" - what you see is completely reproduced from Java's virtual machine code. I decompiled the code, added the fix, and recompiled - nothing else was changed.

Also, I believe furnaces and RS ore use metadata and not seperate block IDs (though I could be wrong).

Nope, they use block IDs.

then why, when using the same decompiler on the original and the patch class files, were they differently stylized? may have just been the decompiler or compiler you used i suppose. Thanks for the patch anyways, it's very helpful. and is the thing where tools discharge when you leave your claim intentional, a side effect, or probably a plugin conflict on my end? and while i have you: did you choose to not patch the amulets and the lens because tracking the orb creator would have been a major pain?

Pretty sure I did patch the lens, and as for the amulets, they create blocks (which is hard/impossible to patch because the BlockPlaceEvent expects the player to be holding a stack of items and to have right clicked against a block face).

Not sure about the tools discharging when you leave a protected area, never seen that behaviour before. Might be a funky plugin.

It is, it is realy great plugin, but it loves to couse some problem, for instance I have fairly big server right now, and when it goes to 200/200 then it simply loves to freeze, not letting anyone to connect and not kicking out the currently ingame players, so yeah... might not be TR it self, maybe it's something else but I suspect it as problem couser