Patch for EE mining tools - no more griefing with them!

So this does include the Destruction Cataclyst and the Caty Lense? Right? I saw something about that but, it wasnt clear to me weather or not its a separate download or it comes with the latest version O.o... if its separate could u link me the download and tell me how to add it please?

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had weird issue with this one. For the topic creator, once again - You mister are a genius! and I'm realy thankful for your help.

But as I mentioned, there is one issue. I tested out this with residences plugin. It works perfectly, it destroys all blocks around residence if you tell your tool to do that, but if you aim at residence it says "you can't destroy this!"

So, I tested it out with nearly all rm tools and even explosives, It was able to resist any type of explosives and tools except RM red morningstar. Usualy it wouldnt destroy wood or anything else, but if you would place stone and aim it so that you would destroy stone and residence - it destroys residence as well, so if you have any more ideas for this feel free to tell me solutions.

I have done the patch against a 3.1.1 live server.

Its 'working' but throwing a ton of errors.

http://pastebin.com/Ugz0hTXf

I spoke with a few @ #mcportcentral they said it looked like it was the red morning star.

That's weird, the morning star uses the exact same code as every other tool to fire block break events off. Does it happen with any other tool, or just the morning star?

This does not occur with any other tool or explosive which is weirdiest of all, but morning star won't destroy any blocks as long as it wont select stone.

So, let' say ['''] is my house and <> is stone * would be morning star.

It goes like this:

['''] <> * <<<<Before

.......* <<<<After

As long as there is no stone, it won't do any effect. The most weridiest part is that, RM hammer does exact same effect, but it won't nuke my residences.

Downloaded it, thanks for your effort, Will test it out in hour or so, in other words - as soon as I can and I'll report back

Edit: Works like a charm, Thanks for your great work. Would give cash for your effort but my server hasnt started so it doesnt result me any cash and so my pockets are empty :D

Ah right, awesome post man! We kinda did the same stuff you did, then I saw this post. Bummer :P

We patched the Mercurial Eye and P.Stone stone aswell in our own fix. Also the dupebugs in EE got fixed, alch. chests, bag + ringdupe and the furnacedupe.

The porter of the mod should prob get some of this added to his official port, so that its not needed to patch ea time EE updates :)

This requires Java 1.7 I believe. Honestly I don't really understand java versions but if you don't have 1.7 it errors at you so yea.

Also Hellocreeper, are you using the latest version of the patch (311a) and on a Tekkit 3.1.1 server?

This is genious. Gold stars all round :D

Had no problems with the RM tools whatsover, although for some reason permanent Condensed Matter orbs have been appearing after changing modes with regular left click block breaking for some people. Could be to do with wubbish connections, and I saw nothing in there that explains it. Logging out and back in clears everything up though.

This actually is the update to the new tekkit nothing related to this patch. I did not have this patch and it does this.. Its part of client side issues. Client side still displays it while server doesn't really have them there.

I tested this a few times, running Tekkit 3.1.1:

It seems to be random when GriefPrevention protects the blocks or not. I can use destruction tools on protected lands over and over, sometimes no blocks break, other times the full damage occurs. We're having problems with our sqldb at the moment so I can't give you logs I'm afraid.

Any ideas what might be causing this? Shall we use a different grief prevention method?

I just wanted to say thank you for making this modification and providing it to us all here. It is invaluable to my own server and I don't think I would even run a Tekkit server if it wasn't for this modification that is how important it has been to me and my server.

Thanks again.

It works on 3.1.2.

Thanks, updated the OP.

I just wanted to say thank you for making this modification and providing it to us all here. It is invaluable to my own server and I don't think I would even run a Tekkit server if it wasn't for this modification that is how important it has been to me and my server.

Thanks again.

You're welcome, glad the patch is helping you!