Deep Dark without ores?

EvilOwl

I've managed to craft a Deep Dark portal.

Went there. Started looting House of Darkness and generally got comfortable.

I've been reading about mining the dimension but there's no ores there.

Is ore generation disabled there?

I've managed to find out about yellorite ore being disabled there (big reactors config file) but where's the rest of ores?

And what about vanilla ore? Is this a default setting for tekkit 1.2.9e?

Edit: I'm gonna go for the tracker with this as soon as someone will verify this phenomena with his own deep dark dimension.

Edited by bochen415

did you dig down far enough to find the vast open cave that is the deep dark?  If you did not find any ores in the floor of the main cave, then yes, you did end up with a rather bad world gen for the deep dark.  No ores spawn much higher then the floor of the cave.  And the floor of the cave is at around level 70? if I remember correctly.

did you dig down far enough to find the vast open cave that is the deep dark?  If you did not find any ores in the floor of the main cave, then yes, you did end up with a rather bad world gen for the deep dark.  No ores spawn much higher then the floor of the cave.  And the floor of the cave is at around level 70? if I remember correctly.

What the heck...

I was following some deep dark tutorial and found:

A smooth bedrock ceiling at Y=256, solid stone with ores between Y=255 and Y=138

And it's all wrong.

There are plenty of ores besides the yellowrite ore ofc, that tutorial gave me a heart attack.

Ore distribution in my -100 dimension is correct between levels 0 - 70. Plenty of stuff.

The main cave was my first goal ;) I see some bedrock in the first layer. I did not expect bedrock here... Thought it was void all the way under the lower stone level.

Thanks, jakalth. FTB wiki sites are evil.

Edited by bochen415