Stained Glass mod

gotyaoi

Good work. I'm sure your effort will be just as needed even in a world with 4096 block IDs, because as soon as that becomes the non-hackish norm, people are going to get lazy again and stop using metadata intelligently, and we'll be right back to where we are now.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Depends on the glass. Most glass is made of a silicate with lime, magnesium oxide, and aluminum oxide providing stability. Sand in a furnace is pretty much a simplification for MC as that would produce really crappy brittle and milky glass in real life.

really crappy brittle and milky glass in real life

In other words, glass, as it was before the beginnings of industrialization. Only the filthiest of rich people could afford actual transparent glass made by the true masters of the art, who jealously guarded their secrets so only a few of the best could even make it; The general populace, for the most part, didn't even realize glass -could- be transparent.

In the timescale of our species, using glass for windows is a relatively-new thing.

• Forum Administrators

It's not that type of forum but people like seeing pretty pictures to entice them to spend their time to download and install your mod. :v:

Yeah, just trying to make a pics or gtfo joke. As in, "Oh my, what kind of pics are you expecting me to post?"

But yeah, pics are a good idea. On a somewhat related not, we do have a spoiler tag, yes? Something collapsible?

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, I cast the runes and added a link to the bukkit version to the first post. It appears to work for me. I would really appreciate testers though. And I'll put up some pictures tomorrow evening, I swear.

For now... *dead*.

Edit: I probably should mention, you install it similarly to the other versions but for tekkit, BlockThinFence.class goes in modpack.jar, with the remaining zip going into the mods folder as usual.

• 3 weeks later...

Out of curiosity, since it's rather late and I don't have real time to install this mod, does the glass furnace immediately slaughter the mob on top of it, or does it do gradual damage and then kill them? Also, does it require that the furnace has work for an operation before it will start grinding things up?