[CUSTOM MODPACK][1.4.7] The Mining Dead [PvP] [30 slots] [OPEN] [Towny]

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Can a moderator or admin please help me I haven't been able to go on the website for a month and a half now when I try to connect to the website nothing happens

The official server forums are at miningdead.enjin.com.

That is your best location for information currently.

I have an important announcement regarding 1.4.7 and The Mining Dead.

The Tekkit Lite modpack is an excellent modpack, but currently has no Bukkit support except via third-party plugins like MCPC+ and BukkitForge. Because of this, and the fact that these Bukkit bridges are extremely beta, I have not been able to provide a satisfactory 1.4.7 replacement for the current Tekkit Classic server.

I have, however, continued development on the basic ruleset and system, and have deployed these systems to a non-Tekkit (Bukkit 1.4.7) zombie survival server.

It doesn't have the advanced machines that Tekkit players love, but it DOES have plenty of mayhem, pvp, and zombie carnage!

This server is LIVE, and available via any 1.4.7 client (Including Tekkit Lite) at:

zapoc.mossycobble.com:25566

For a quick overview of the changes:

* The /spawn and /home commands have a variable FOOD COST

* Towny is NOW available at 1,000 zombie kills

* Nations will be available at 15,000 zombie kills

* Towny costs have been HUGELY increased; $2500 to create, $25/day PER PLOT town tax rate.

* /town spawn costs $100 currently.

* Water and Dirt now spawn in the ground and must be mined. The spawn rate is excruciatingly low. Spawn rate is somewhat higher the farther you are from spawn.

* To exit spawn, you must /help newplayer. Ideally, that would mean reading the basic tutorial.

* Asking a question that is covered by /help newplayer is POTENTIALLY a bannable offense.

* Mob will spawn more frequently, in higher light levels, and closer to players the farther you are from spawn.

* There are no more mineshafts.

* The Hive remains. You can access it from the server spawn.

* There will be a donation system soon.

• 2 weeks later...

I logged in to your server this morning, I did read the /help newplayer, but still felt hopelessly lost. I will definitely try again though, as it sounds like an awesome experience. Thanks for creating it, I look forward to exploring and hopefully not getting eaten.

Yeah, it's a pretty great place. During one of it's first versions, it took me about a week of coming and going before I really got into the gameplay here. Now... wow, it's changed. Definately for the better though.

side from /help newplayer you can also interact with some of the NPC's at spawn, and get a bit more info on what's going on.

How would one join this server? It's been a while since I have been on a Minecraft server (due to some driver issues I was having back when I was active on another Tekkit server that sadly no longer exists), and I've been looking for another one to join. The premise of this server sounds promising, and I look forward to playing on survival oriented server.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

All Deluxe threads are being reshuffled back into the regular sections as part of a Deluxe section restructuring and reconsideration. Previously Deluxe threads will have to be re-accepted into the new Deluxe system when it is completed. Thank's for being a Deluxe server for a time, and good luck in the future.

If you feel your server would be better suited to a different section, please PM me and let me know. (Don't just say deluxe)

Announcements

• Anything claiming to be official Technic servers are not allowed here, for obvious reasons