Why was the Condenser removed?

Xuhybrid

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why do you care if other people have lots of resources? Does it bother you that everyone gets to have fun without knowing how to make fiddly machines? Minecraft is infinite, even on a server you can just go somewhere else and not interact with them if you don't want.

Its the fact it makes ALL resources meaningless. Find a large vein of diamonds? Congrats that one guy can shit out more in a day then you find a month by just sitting there. Once it's setup everyone might as well just take crap from since theres no point to looking for anything anymore. It pretty much becomes creative without the flight or god mode.

"Condenser = Fun

or

Condenser = Less Fun"

for me it depends on the context, for me, i use the condenser in single player technic, just so i don't have to spend extra of my time mining, because i have no luck at all when it comes to finding the things i need. i want the condenser, just so i can actually do other things then mine and it doesn't take a year for me to find the materiel to make, for instance a quarry. if i ran i server though, i would block condensers so everybody was fair, but for my own world, just for me to have fun, i need it to make anything of use, without using the cheat functions in technic.

I'm not saying EE2 was great for servers, I'm just saying that's why options exist. They could have kept EE2 functionally intact (and worked on NEW content instead of remaking everything) and simply added some options. Maybe a config list of EMC values (which whould be extra handy for adding new mod items), and one that lets you edit how much Collectors produce, or how fast Condensers break stuff down.

EE2 is old. Seriously. The creator is no longer updating it because that would take too much precious time, and then he wouldn't be able to make EE3 at any reasonable speed. Go port EE2 yourself if it was "so easy". Because trust me, it's not 1 or 2 lines. It's a huge amount of work. If they left it "functionally intact", Minecraft would not even start.

Now please stop being thick.

The thing about EE2 is that so many people are so obsessed with it that they never learned how to get resources any other way. Sure, it was useful, but most of the problems it solved were in fact cased by EE2 itself. Without EE2, you just end up going "Huge stack of diamonds! Yay! Wait, what do I need these for again?". You only needed the resources EE created because of EE. I guess on it's own it was relatively balanced, but it still unbalanced even Vanilla Minecraft in a way.

What a lot of the people here don't seem to realise is that the Transmutation Tablet will be coming back. EE3 removes the way you can glitch and automate production, but if you seriously can't be bothered to even use a transmutation tablet to get your resources, Minecraft is not the game for you. You will still be able to transmute stuff. It just won't be automated. No more free stuff, but you'll still have the ability to convert items to other items.

It does in Plus Block! You can buy one for 33 Diamond Blocks; basically "you win, have fun".

So basically, play 12 hours and then go Creative? Doesn't sound like a lot of fun to me.

Seriously, you made your point, stop spamming it everywhere.

Although I still do find Mass Fabricators OP. Or at least, being able to craft Tin, Copper and Iron out of UU-Matter.

HV Arrays and UU-Matter into Iron quickly creates an EE2-effect loop, which is thankfully easily disabled by removing the UU-Matter Recipe for Iron. You also need to either disable these recipes for Tin and Copper, or disallow crafting small iron piles from tin and copper dusts.

Then you start over? The challenges are modular you can beat it lots of different ways.

Why start over every 12 hours and miss half the fun when you could simply not get a duplicator?

I mean, sure. It's your choice what you do with your modpack. But I wouldn't play that.

Why start over every 12 hours and miss half the fun when you could simply not get a duplicator?

I mean, sure. It's your choice what you do with your modpack. But I wouldn't play that.

Well you don't have to, you can build stuff with duplicators if you want! Or you can throw it into a lava pit and keep playing the save however you like.

This I think is the reason for EE2 hate. When I play a Minecraft world I throw maybe 10-20 hours into it max, then I get bored and start over. EE2 is great for me, it lets me get all my machines up and running and get all the cool toys in the time. Kind of like Nethack, I want to pick up a game, figure out how to become godly, then start over. Playing on servers you can't really do that. Everyone holds onto everything and after 20 hours of play you effectively have beaten the game, but you can't start over so it's a drag.

Well you don't have to, you can build stuff with duplicators if you want! Or you can throw it into a lava pit and keep playing the save however you like.

This I think is the reason for EE2 hate. When I play a Minecraft world I throw maybe 10-20 hours into it max, then I get bored and start over. EE2 is great for me, it lets me get all my machines up and running and get all the cool toys in the time. Kind of like Nethack, I want to pick up a game, figure out how to become godly, then start over. Playing on servers you can't really do that. Everyone holds onto everything and after 20 hours of play you effectively have beaten the game, but you can't start over so it's a drag.

Why couldn't you start over in servers? Just walk away from your base with an empty inventory and start over. I really don't see the difference in "beating the game" within 12 hours or 20 hours.

And you can't really "beat" the game. Very often my friends tell me "Yeah, I build a base, gather all of the shit and then I get bored". But there's lots of things you can do. You can make a huge fortress with security systems, make a town, make a huge-ass storage filled to the brim, you name it.

Well I can understand how you wouldn't be able to start over on servers; you'll be tempted to run back to your base and grab some materials.

I actually get bored with a world once I hit iron. Really. That fast.

Then I got Tekkit and was always busy with so much stuff I didn't have the chance to get bored.

Mining Diamonds is not a challenge, it's just tedious. *Dig staircase to level 9, dig in straight line until Diamonds. Repeat*

If you're too lazy to do that, then why even play Minecraft? A good portion of the fun is in mining.

And getting diamonds with collectors isn't a challenge either. *Find one diamond, put in box, wait. Repeat*

If you're too lazy to do that, then why even play Minecraft? A good portion of the fun is in mining.

And getting diamonds with collectors isn't a challenge either. *Find one diamond, put in box, wait. Repeat*

This is where we differ. I do not find a lot of mining to be fun at all; I like a little bit at the beginning but after that I am building machines 100% of the time and using Quarry resources and automatic farms. With EE2 I could go out with the Destruction Catalyst if I was low and come back with a decent haul but now it's not worth mining once I get my first Quarry or Mining Turtle running.

This is where we differ. I do not find a lot of mining to be fun at all; I like a little bit at the beginning but after that I am building machines 100% of the time and using Quarry resources and automatic farms. With EE2 I could go out with the Destruction Catalyst if I was low and come back with a decent haul but now it's not worth mining once I get my first Quarry or Mining Turtle running.

Now this is proof you don't know what you're talking about. You're claiming a Destruction Catalyst is outperformed by a single Turtle. It's not. You can literally fly around underground and wreck everything, while a turtle just mines.

And yeah, sure. I'm not saying you shouldn't enjoy playing with EE2. I enjoy it every now and then as well. It's just that EE2 is no longer being developed due to various reasons, and that you should probably stop posting in every slightly relevant topic that you're mad about EE2 not being continued.