Why was the Condenser removed?

Xuhybrid

Why was the Condenser removed?

I had a look around for a change log to explain why but i cudnt find anything. In fact the EE website says that the Energy Condenser is still part of EE3. If it was removed just for Tekkit Lite then i think you're overstepping your bounds. Having this item is a choice that shud be made by the server admins. Im not gonna defend against it being overpowered but all the same, i want to know why it was removed.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ee3 is in development and is still adding items and things they have not added emc yet it is in dev so it is being worked on and the ee2 version has not been updated to 1.4.6 so they had to use EE3pre1f wich is a pre release not the full mod yet

You guys really need to take this up with Pahimar over on the Forge forums to be honest, but far as it goes, EE3 is a complete break from EE2, and EE2 will not be updated for 1.4.5+ MC because only Pahimar and the original creator of EE are allowed to update it and....neither will be doing so.

Pahimar has also made EE3 an open source project as of the time of releasing EE3-pre1f and that was last October my impression is that hes been hoping to get more collaborative development input and hasn't gotten as much as he'd like but...thats just me looking at the situation as it stands now.

Overall I simply wouldn't have included EE3 in the modpack, its an alpha release at best and lacks much of its intended functionality. Its sort of like having a placeholder there for when a real mod occurs, if and when such does occur.

EE3 still does have some forms of transmutational abilities in the form of the minium stone, which is able to preform *most* of the transmutation recipes of the old philosopher's stone, which i believe is being added back in at some point but harder to get.

eg, the upgrading/down grading of metals in the crafting grid is still possible

8 Iron --> 1 gold etc

Everyone was complaining that Technic and Tekkit weren't being updated but if the people behind it said that they were waiting on EE3 for the EMC stuff everyone would have been happy to wait because condensers are the best part of Tekkit and Technic! Hope that the updated Tekkit Lite with the full EE3 is coming soon!

Disappointing, but I suppose I understand if the EE guys simply don't have a version of EE2 for 1.4.x.

As for Condensers being overpowered...so? For me they eliminated a lot of the tedium and let me play the way I enjoyed. Nobody's forcing you to use them if it's not the way you want to play.

Disappointing, but I suppose I understand if the EE guys simply don't have a version of EE2 for 1.4.x.

As for Condensers being overpowered...so? For me they eliminated a lot of the tedium and let me play the way I enjoyed. Nobody's forcing you to use them if it's not the way you want to play.

Yeah condensers are the most useful thing and kind of need one to play tekkit to make sure you have all your resources!

You can argue for or against condensers, but effectively you only need condensers because of EE2, previous to Tekkit Lite's release I'd been running my server on 3.1.2/1.2.5 with EE2 disabled, there was nothing holding us back from what we wanted to achieve simply because we didn't have EE2.

As of right now we've switched to Tekkit Lite and the current state of EE3 is actually quite acceptable, I don't mind a logically costly transmutation system (heck I didn't even really mind the transmutation tablet in EE2) that requires interaction with it to work. I have no problem securing diamonds by straight up old school MC strip mining techniques, and if there is a need for more diamonds I can always transmute some of my excess gold over to diamonds to quickly fill a supply gap.

I see no issue with EE3 and I look forward to seeing how Dark Matter is reimplemented without the need for condensers/collectors to make it a reality.

Condensers are not so much OP as EZ Mode for Automation, I'll agree with removing collectors (banned by community agreement on my server) but relays, no, relays without collectors are a great way to automate removal of items, a simple rig (assorted BC pipes, 1 macerator, RS engines and a MK2 relay) being fed by a quarry allows for "passive" generation but at a very slow rate, boost-able only by putting more fuel to the quarry to get the more expensive stuff faster

My opinion is that condensers are OP.

You never ever ever have to farm, just put a diamond ore a iron bar in and you have loads of food.

So goodbye massive impressive automated farms, why would you keep forestry if you can condense it?

Diamonds arent rare and special anymore,

put a stack iron in your condenser and Poof........... you got some diamonds.

Economy is just ruined. Trade o mat doesn't have any function. If you need something you just copy it. Why are you even playin on a server?

EE2 alone is a good mod, alone. but with al those technical things, its cheating.

Wy would you mine if a collector get your emc?

When you get your conddenser, relay and collector up: you are basicly done with the game. Congrats!

If you get your 10000 mk3 collectors up. your gonna get bored and grief other player.

If you would think the condenser away, and just keep the collector and the relay. It is a great mod!

Put expensive things in the relay so you can use your catalist. Wait hours and hours to get your dark matter.

and eventually Red matter.

So that are some anti-condenser thingys.

Please add some or try to offend this.

This is MY opinion, opinions change from person to person. If your is different, im okey with it. I expect the same of you.

ThaDrone

My opinion is that condensers are OP.

You never ever ever have to farm, just put a diamond ore a iron bar in and you have loads of food.

So goodbye massive impressive automated farms, why would you keep forestry if you can condense it?

Diamonds arent rare and special anymore,

put a stack iron in your condenser and Poof........... you got some diamonds.

Economy is just ruined. Trade o mat doesn't have any function. If you need something you just copy it. Why are you even playin on a server?

EE2 alone is a good mod, alone. but with al those technical things, its cheating.

Wy would you mine if a collector get your emc?

When you get your conddenser, relay and collector up: you are basicly done with the game. Congrats!

If you get your 10000 mk3 collectors up. your gonna get bored and grief other player.

If you would think the condenser away, and just keep the collector and the relay. It is a great mod!

Put expensive things in the relay so you can use your catalist. Wait hours and hours to get your dark matter.

and eventually Red matter.

So that are some anti-condenser thingys.

Please add some or try to offend this.

This is MY opinion, opinions change from person to person. If your is different, im okey with it. I expect the same of you.

ThaDrone

well the things you say aren't exactly true the transmutation tablet is just as powerful as the condenser just stick a stack of iron inside the burn slot and boom collect diamond. the condenser was just an easier way to automate the process which i use with ic2 and buildcraft to create complex machines that make an item that cannot be condensed.

collectors were OP but if they just removed the mark II and III then the problem would be almost completely solved because mark I are incredibly slow.

also trade o mats can be used for selling items that do not have emc value making them very important.

also the fact that you can make diamonds easier isn't that good. the addition of dark matter and red matter items balanced it out. if you think about it why have a diamond pickaxe when you can have a better one. so diamonds are not that great in ee2 when compared to it's additions.

on a side note red matter was not OP or any of its creations. if you believe it is OP then you should believe nano and quantum armor is OP along with the nano saber. it may take EU but it takes forever for the charge to run out in quantum and plus the fact is you are indestructible in it for that time. i believe once somebody did that they will "get bored and start griefing people" the nano saber isn't as powerful as a katar but is cheaper to make than the katar. so if anyone hates ee2 for being too OP then i guess ic2 should go as well.

so if anyone hates ee2 for being too OP then i guess ic2 should go as well.

No, the fact that you can start a new world and within an hour have a machine producing infinite EMC is OP. Then within 2-4 hours, having a machine that pumps out Red Matter every second. For free. That's OP.

on a side note red matter was not OP or any of its creations. if you believe it is OP then you should believe nano and quantum armor is OP along with the nano saber. it may take EU but it takes forever for the charge to run out in quantum and plus the fact is you are indestructible in it for that time. i believe once somebody did that they will "get bored and start griefing people" the nano saber isn't as powerful as a katar but is cheaper to make than the katar. so if anyone hates ee2 for being too OP then i guess ic2 should go as well.

The nano and quantum armour got a fairly large nerf in an IC2 update (e.g. you cannot swim in lava with nano any more without being hurt and seriously depleting the charge - about 30 seconds to deplete all my health and all the charge on the armour).

I think there is no need for condensers or collectors. Played once with them and they destroyed the gameplay. Few hours of gameplay and you have everything for a quarry. You can automated everything and double/triple the outcome with pulverizer/macerator/... so after a short time you have a massive amount of everything.

Condensers and Collectors are too cheap for what they offer. A farm with recyclers and mass fabricator(s) is way more expensive and with the automated crafting table it offers a good alternative. You still can get everything you want but have to have input so you still have to pump in tons of cobble/dirt/... i think they did a good job with what EE is now. People who want infinite stuff, go and play creative mode.

I really wish they had not nerfed EE3, for one simple fact: the people that complain about EE2 being overpowered never used it! Why the hell should I care what their opinions are? I liked EE2 and I wish it was ported, it's existence never stopped anyone from not using it.

You should try my PLUS Block map, it has all the mods you like and a convenient shop system that you can use to trade resources for Diamonds and use those Diamonds towards top tier mod items (including the Duplicator, a good replacement for the Condenser). It's also a Technic Launcher custom pack:

http://forums.technicpack.net/threads/plus-block-way-better-than-feed-the-beast.35019/