epic face palm in latest dev build of technic

miniboxer

I was installing the lates version of technic, and my facepalm almot got to through the head status, this is the error I got, I did not modify it.

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Slot 169 is already occupied by buildcraft.silicon.BlockLaser@468264 when adding buildcraft.factory.BlockAutoWorkbench@11a9433

I checked the config and seriously saw this:

autoWorkbench.id=169

laser.id=169

seriously technic team?

• Forum Administrators

EPIC LULZ IN THE EPIC FAIL OF THE EPIC DEVELOPMENT BUILD OF TECHNIC THAT IS NOT MEANT FOR ACTUAL PLAY BECAUSE IF IT WERE IT CERTAINLY WOULD BE THE RECOMMENDED BUILD.

Epic fukkkin' lulz to the mad-max dooood!!!

I'm not sure if you are aware, but with the way we have the system set up means testing is done through the launcher. Meaning when we are building things we push them through as dev builds in the launcher so we can make sure that we get the exact same experience as the end users.

EDIT

epic!!!

EPIC LULZ IN THE EPIC FAIL OF THE EPIC DEVELOPMENT BUILD OF TECHNIC THAT IS NOT MEANT FOR ACTUAL PLAY BECAUSE IF IT WERE IT CERTAINLY WOULD BE THE RECOMMENDED BUILD.

Epic fukkkin' lulz to the mad-max dooood!!!

I'm not sure if you are aware, but with the way we have the system set up means testing is done through the launcher. Meaning when we are building things we push them through as dev builds in the launcher so we can make sure that we get the exact same experience as the end users.

EDIT

epic!!!

Damn, just chill out. I was only saying that the Technic team should probably test at least once before they release it. What were you guys thinking anyway when you removed EE from 7.1.0?

• Forum Administrators

Damn, just chill out. I was only saying that the Technic team should probably test at least once before they release it. What were you guys thinking anyway when you removed EE from 7.1.0?

:v:

No see, you missed the whole point. Development builds aren't released. If you are going to use the Dev build, you have to make that choice yourself. The Launcher, by default, only grabs recommended builds. Development builds are exactly that, developing. They are not released. This is akin to complaining about missing features in alpha or beta.

Note this doesn't count for Minecraft because it was released incomplete! :w00t:

• Forum Administrators

Thank you for the comment. I love to see the admins and moderators doing a nice job supporting the community!

Don't go bashing what we do here when you have no idea what you are talking about. That's really dumb.

I was installing the lates version of technic, and my facepalm almot got to through the head status, this is the error I got, I did not modify it.

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Slot 169 is already occupied by buildcraft.silicon.BlockLaser@468264 when adding buildcraft.factory.BlockAutoWorkbench@11a9433

I checked the config and seriously saw this:

autoWorkbench.id=169

laser.id=169

seriously technic team?

Ah, well. The default config doesn't contain information for the laser ID because it was reflecting Tekkit configs. Tekkit uses Buildcraft 2 which doesn't contain a laser, however Technic uses Buildcraft 3 which does. The lasers block ID was auto-generated by your machine on first launch, the issue went unnoticed until now* because yours is the first machine dumb enough to pick an in use block ID.

*Until now being the 6 hours that the test build has been live.

• Forum Administrators

Ah, well. The default config doesn't contain information for the laser ID because it was reflecting Tekkit configs. Tekkit uses Buildcraft 2 which doesn't contain a laser, however Technic uses Buildcraft 3 which does. The lasers block ID was auto-generated by your machine on first launch, the issue went unnoticed until now* because yours is the first machine dumb enough to pick an in use block ID.

*Until now being the 6 hours that the test build has been live.

REALLY TECHNIC TEAM!?

Nope, thanks for the suggestion, but ill gladly stay here as long as i dont need to talk to any of the staff members ;)

AAH! Your grammar! It hurts my i's! (a grammar nazi, sadly :{ )

Anyways, PLAY NICE WITH THE DUDES. They spend days of their lives to ensure we get the best experience possible, and what do you do? INSULT THEM LIKE A SELF-INTITLED IDIOT. Please, show more respect.

well then, ok, I was just showing something that I found entertaining, and just pointing out so it can be fixed in the next build, but I didn't intend for it to be taken like I was cling you guys stupid or anything, it would be fine if this topic was whale boxed.

Hey, sorry for causing trouble. I'm new and i'm not getting the best impression here :P

this is like going to applebees, ordering something, walking into the kitchen, finding the chef making your meal, attempting to eat it mid-cooking, telling the chef that he should really cook this stuff more before he serves it to people, being surprised when you get punched, then remarking that you'd eat there again as long as you didn't have to speak to a waiter.

I hope that really drives home just what you did in this thread.

I think a short comment like this would have been sufficient.

"Use the recommended builds unless you know what you're doing (i.e. want to help find bugs)."

/thread

I know you guys work hard on this project, but the response to the OP seems a little... excessive. :/