Tekkit (Legacy) Server Crashes When Another Player Joins

Teevo

Can't play Legacy server with others. As soon as friend joins, it freezes the players on others screens and the second player that joined usually lags out and the server just goes ham. Tried reading the reports and I couldn't catch the issue so I'll post it here. We tried playing in one home on one DSL/Motem (whatever you wanna call it) first so that might be the issue, we're not sure. LAN works fine but the host gets the choppiness crap and it's very irritating. I (the host) tried deleting the player logs but that seemed to only make the hosting worse on average and still no fix with the crash. One player can play ultimately comfortably but it's a train wreck when someone else joins. PC capability is fine (RAM and all). Anything that sticks out we would love to know, and trust that we didn't just go crying to the internet right away, we've spent hours trying to fix this but if there needs to be less interference on the home network like playing at our own homes that might work, otherwise we pretty much hit a brick wall when we tried to do the multiplayer thing.

Here's the report.

*NOPE*

1. Don't spill logs into posts, that's what Pastebin is for.

2. Make sure you know which Tekkit you require help for. There is no "legacy" version, but there are Tekkit Classic and Tekkit Lite, both of which are completely different modpacks from the current Tekkit (Main), and might be considered legacy because of their age.

3. Once you know what you are using, head over to the tracker and post your issue in the correct section. Bear in mind that you are only eligible for support if you are using a featured modpack as-is. If you modified it, you are using a custom modpack.

1. What the hell is pastebin

2. If there wasn't a modpack called Legacy, I wouldn't have posted it HERE because there isn't a topic for that in the link you have.

3. Like I said, it's called the Legacy pack. No topic for it on this.

EDIT: I misunderstood what I myself was asking for when I was using this modpack because I was briefly introduced this modpack and did not know it wasn't mainstream/a main pack suck as Tekkit or Voltz and I apologize for my error and my choice of words from earlier based on my lack of knowledge of the information for the forums and forum format. I apologize for any misunderstandings and confusion Curunir. Thank you for the help, seriously.

Edited by Teevo

1: Google it.

2/3: If it isn't called Tekkit, Tekkit Lite, or Tekkit Classic then it's not an official pack. And custom packs do not get their own sections.

Infact they get no help at all. The pack author can get help making it work in platform pagoda, but users must get their help from the pack author through the pack's discussion tab, on Platform.

1: Google it.

2/3: If it isn't called Tekkit, Tekkit Lite, or Tekkit Classic then it's not an official pack. And custom packs do not get their own sections.

Infact they get no help at all. The pack author can get help making it work in platform pagoda, but users must get their help from the pack author through the pack's discussion tab, on Platform.

Alright thx. I didn't know it wouldn't have support since it's on the website but I didn't know about that part since I am new to this and I was only showed it briefly and recently. Sorry about the confusion.

This is why you read the rules of a forum before posting. So you don't look like a lazy entitled idiot.

Wow you're pretty fuckin rude for a staff. I apologized and thanked you for the info and I'm called a "lazy entitled idiot".

Edited by Teevo

And you're pretty fucking stupid if you think no one noticed the tone of your reply to curunir. (Oh look, I can use potty mouth too.)

Usually it's a better idea to assume forum members with 1000+ post counts have atleast a slight idea of what they're talking about. Not get snippy with them for wasting your time.

And you're pretty fucking stupid if you think no one noticed the tone of your reply to curunir. (Oh look, I can use potty mouth too.)

Usually it's a better idea to assume forum members with 1000+ post counts have atleast a slight idea of what they're talking about. Not get snippy with them for wasting your time.

Okay, obviously my choice of words wasn't the best but I had no bad intentions to it. It was a misunderstanding and I would apologize if I recognized it earlier (I am sorry curunir if I offended you). Second, it seems you're on a power trip. I don't understand how a staff member of a forum page can be quite so immature as you are being. I recognize my mistakes from earlier but that it because I am new to the Forum and did not understand the rules until I took a SECOND look. I did not follow the correct format and I apologize once again for my mistake, but you seriously are being a prick about it all.

If I could delete this thread I would do it, so since you clearly have that power you may as well if you feel the need and I am going to own my mistake, but seriously, grow up. You seem pretty unprofessional and unforgiving for someone that obviously was given the authority to try and help others. And again curunir I really am sorry if I offended you and I apologize Neowulf for my language in my earlier reply to him, I was merely trying to being somewhat comical with it because I AM a newb (or in your case, a lazy entitled idiot) to the Forums of this website and was simply owning my lack of knowledge to his Pastebin referrence. I attempted to create a formal thread but accidentally closed the link in the process and I will make a formal one in the future, but it seems I will probably not come to any conclusion with it.

In conclusion: I apologize for MY unprofessional-ism, I apologize for my mistakes, and I apologize to curunir for my response to his help. I meant no harm, but seriously Neowulf, don't be a jerk to members trying to seek help. I have LEARNED and now I can help others when ask them for help.

That's how many people have registered on this forum. I was number 91.

I've seen 10x the newbies come and go than there are people in my home town. And frankly it has become routine.

You are following an old, worn script. Impatient, snippy, respect for "authority", angry, "I was just joking", "you're a loose cannon", ect...

I'd rate you in the early 20's. Still got the teenage ego but it's tempered a bit.

Though I am a bit bummed. The full entitled brat tantrum is always amusing.

Plus I haven't had someone report me for being our of control in awhile now. I need 2 more to get me that pin and stylish lanyard.

Neowulf, Teevo is right about one thing: Staff is exceptionally rude around here. I kindly recommend that you and the other mods exercise some lenience towards new members. The rules are not even obvious to find, and it's a fact of life that somebody looking for support will not spend much time looking for something so well hidden. The tracker also has lots of weaknesses. That is why I always give new posters one hint about the problems they post (if at all possible), while pointing them towards the correct ways.

I have done enough user support to understand how cynical and jaded you can get over the hordes of entitled idiots, and I don't mean to defend either their wrong sense of entitlement or their idiocy. But you won't ever break them out of it with confrontation. I believe that you just need to be "stubbornly kind" to them, and most people will eventually be happy to comply with the rules you set up.

That being said, Tekkit has a damn lot of work piling up right now because of the long phase of neglect following the last stable release. Fixing issues is among that, and maybe it would also be a good idea to clarify a bunch of things. Like which packs are featured and eligible for support, and which are not. Users will of course assume that all packs using the Tekkit brand (yes, to users that is a "brand" now) are featured. I'm not saying you should prohibit private packs from using the brand, but there is no easy-to-find statement about what packs are even featured, and what the difference is. It's not even possible for a casual user to discern the differences between the three featured Tekkit packs. 

@Teevo

No apologies required.

Edited by Curunir

You're too new to know this, but this here is exactly why I'm a mod in the first place.

Really, "if you don't respect us enough to read and follow the rules then we don't want you" is the founding principle of these forums and is born from a general distaste for the cesspool of entitlement and popularity contests that is the MCforums. They shanghaied me into being a mod because I completely agree with them and had a track record of doing exactly as I did above.

You may want us to be nicer, but that's not who we are. We don't coddle those who insult us, and we aren't customer service representatives.

We don't even get anything from this. Beyond the time I spend on here doing mod duties, I've actually lost the ability to apply for whitelist servers like a normal person. Before it was "Oh, are you going to make us an official server?", and now it's "So can you make my pack an official technic one?"

Though thank you. I started going through the whalebox looking for good examples of my pre-moderator behavior, and it's fun going through the history again. All those threads of newbies posting before reading the rules, and the wonderful playtime we had toying with them.

• Discord Moderator

Obviously, I spend a lot of time here on the forums responding to requests for help, crashes, etc. I do this because I actually enjoy it (crazy, right?). I went many months at a frantic pace trying to keep up with all the requests and found myself getting burned out early this fall. I started to feel like a broken record saying the same thing over and over again even though I could pull 3 or 4 words from an OP, paste it into Google and the very information I would suggest as help would show up right at the top... often from my own historical posts on this forum.

Why was I trying to keep up with things when people couldn't even be bothered to type a few simple words into Google? Sound familiar?

Rushing into a forum with an ill considered post starts to sound like "OMG! MAH PACKS BE BROKED!" when it is immediately obvious that the poster has not taken even a few short minutes to get the lay of the land before charging in, even when the tone of that post is relatively modest. It's obvious the poster didn't take the time to be considerate.

Now, I do usually try to err on the side of "If you can't say anything nice...". One could go through some recent requests for help and where my responses are conspicuously absent one would find a time I chose to "..., say nothing at all.".

However, I have NO official tie to these forums. I could walk away tomorrow and there are no ramifications for me at all. I'd leave knowing I gave what I had to give and then bowed out. I honestly thought that was what I was doing back earlier this year. I was out of things for many weeks. I came back when enough time had passed and I had free time. I began to reply on posts which seemed well considered and earnest.

I feel like I still have something to contribute and will be around until that passes. The folks who have made a real commitment to maintaining things around here help no one by coddling folks and playing into someone's sense of entitlement, even when the sense is expressed in a mild request for help. Coming into a community which a few dedicated folks have made a true commitment to providing something great (and no, I have not made that commitment) and not doing one's best to conform to their rules and guidelines is terribly disrespectful.

Obviously, I spend a lot of time here on the forums responding to requests for help, crashes, etc. I do this because I actually enjoy it (crazy, right?). I went many months at a frantic pace trying to keep up with all the requests and found myself getting burned out early this fall. I started to feel like a broken record saying the same thing over and over again even though I could pull 3 or 4 words from an OP, paste it into Google and the very information I would suggest as help would show up right at the top... often from my own historical posts on this forum.

Why was I trying to keep up with things when people couldn't even be bothered to type a few simple words into Google? Sound familiar?

Rushing into a forum with an ill considered post starts to sound like "OMG! MAH PACKS BE BROKED!" when it is immediately obvious that the poster has not taken even a few short minutes to get the lay of the land before charging in, even when the tone of that post is relatively modest. It's obvious the poster didn't take the time to be considerate.

Now, I do usually try to err on the side of "If you can't say anything nice...". One could go through some recent requests for help and where my responses are conspicuously absent one would find a time I chose to "..., say nothing at all.".

However, I have NO official tie to these forums. I could walk away tomorrow and there are no ramifications for me at all. I'd leave knowing I gave what I had to give and then bowed out. I honestly thought that was what I was doing back earlier this year. I was out of things for many weeks. I came back when enough time had passed and I had free time. I began to reply on posts which seemed well considered and earnest.

I feel like I still have something to contribute and will be around until that passes. The folks who have made a real commitment to maintaining things around here help no one by coddling folks and playing into someone's sense of entitlement, even when the sense is expressed in a mild request for help. Coming into a community which a few dedicated folks have made a true commitment to providing something great (and no, I have not made that commitment) and not doing one's best to conform to their rules and guidelines is terribly disrespectful.

I don't mean to disrupt what this is because clearly I have lost any credibility to my words when I initially STARTED this thread when I say "I did nothing wrong don't be a meanie Neowulf" but seriously everyone I am concerned just as much as you guys: the loyal forums members that clearly do a lot to contribute to the forum and the Technic community, that are sick of the lazy entitled idiots. I have posted MANY MANY times on other forums that are nowhere near related Minecraft-based forums, let alone gaming in general, but 'I' as in someone that despises the immaturity of members that come into "this world" (forum) crying and screaming hoping someone will try to fix the problem that nobody knows what essentially is, mainly based on the fact they have NO life experiences (or in this case, no experience with this forum or of mod-related complications such AS my own), want to help you guys for helping guys like me out.

I realize this whole ordeal revolves around my initial lack of knowledge of the forums posting rules and I wish I could retract my mistakes with immediate termination of the thread, but this obviously is a persisting matter and I was in essence an inconsiderate, immature, crying newborn when I came to the thread because as we all know, people don't think when they panic and that skill is developed in life. Leaders are the ones that can act under pressure; you guys. You guys obviously are and have been doing a lot for idiots like me but I have learned. Neowulf; see how far I've come already? I've owned my mistakes and I will not NOT think 101+ times about what my posts will consist of in the future. I get that you ARE human and you have a personality, but seriously, it seems the most mature people I have spoken with aren't even people with your kind of power like Curunir or even Plowmanplow (which I have seen throughout the forum as well as Curunir) because of their self restraint for those new to a forum (etc.) and simply are understanding of those that are new to "this world".

This was once an entirely new concept that you once could not entirely rap your head around Neowulf; are you one to pinch a kids mouth shut when he is crying and needs help or are you one to do your job as the "adult" of this forum and simply have restraint on your community that WANTS to learn from their mistakes when clearly without your "fanbase" of the Technic platform in general, you are essentially nothing on this forum. People need help in the real world and it's a job you clearly signed up for when you became a mod.

Don't be so pessimistic towards those that want to learn from people like you.

Thank you for those that did not come at me with pitchforks for my lack of knowledge of the forums. This will not be happening from me again and I will possibly even try my best to spread the word of what has happened here and what have learned as a newcomer.

Thank you again to the loyal posters that post on threads like mine because you have a passion for what you enjoy and take interest in. I hope it is not just a responsibility for you, but you also understand that the time and effort sacrificed in your day to contribute to the forum is not taken for granted.

Including Neowulf.

• Moderators

People need help in the real world and it's a job you clearly signed up for when you became a mod.

Neowulf was never asked to become a mod.

he got the Moderator status without notice.

See the post where Neo mentioned being shanghai'ied? He really meant it... there was no choice or "signing up" in the matter.

Not that either he or I are complaining, 'specially not me. I was asked, and as a greedy old whore I am, I said yes.

Neowulf was never asked to become a mod.

he got the Moderator status without notice.

See the post where Neo mentioned being shanghai'ied? He really meant it... there was no choice or "signing up" in the matter.

Not that either he or I are complaining, 'specially not me. I was asked, and as a greedy old whore I am, I said yes.

He made a choice to keep coming back to the Forum. That's initially what I meant. I didn't mean he asked for it but I meant in general he made that choice to continue with it, but yeah that's funny what you said about you being the yeah haha sorry

Edited by Teevo

'?do=embed' frameborder='0' data-embedContent>>

This is all old hat.

We are not customer service reps. You are not a customer. This is not a business.

This is a community and the leaders have decided the best way to keep this place from turning into a cesspool is to not put on the kid gloves when dealing with anybody. Not newbies, not regulars, no one gets the light touch.

Despite what you believe, it is not my job to help people like you. My job is to enforce the rules. If plow and curunir want to help everyone then more power to them.

You think I'm going to sink this place by scaring everyone away being mean to you and all the other precious and special snowflakes out there. And someday soon we'll be left listening to crickets chirp.

Me I'm just watching the user counter go up by a couple hundred accounts a day on average and wishing we had a way to automate dealing with people who can't read/follow the rules.

'?do=embed' frameborder='0' data-embedContent>>

This is all old hat.

We are not customer service reps. You are not a customer. This is not a business.

This is a community and the leaders have decided the best way to keep this place from turning into a cesspool is to not put on the kid gloves when dealing with anybody. Not newbies, not regulars, no one gets the light touch.

Despite what you believe, it is not my job to help people like you. My job is to enforce the rules. If plow and curunir want to help everyone then more power to them.

You think I'm going to sink this place by scaring everyone away being mean to you and all the other precious and special snowflakes out there. And someday soon we'll be left listening to crickets chirp.

Me I'm just watching the user counter go up by a couple hundred accounts a day on average and wishing we had a way to automate dealing with people who can't read/follow the rules.

Piece of shit. I kiss your ass because I myself am trying to be more understanding of your situation and you just keep drillin me. Go to hell then. There I snapped. Grow up and get the sand out of your vagina.

Edited by Teevo

Plow, curunir, this is why I don't give special treatment and am such a dick about the rules. He could have gotten out of this scott free if he had just said "Ok, i'll go read the rules." I haven't even given him a warning point (yeah, I've gone soft).

But he didn't.

Plow, curunir, this is why I don't give special treatment and am such a dick about the rules. He could have gotten out of this scott free if he had just said "Ok, i'll go read the rules." I haven't even given him a warning point (yeah, I've gone soft).

But he didn't.

Alright thx. I didn't know it wouldn't have support since it's on the website but I didn't know about that part since I am new to this and I was only showed it briefly and recently. Sorry about the confusion.

Edited by Teevo

I recognize my mistakes from earlier but that it because I am new to the Forum and did not understand the rules until I took a SECOND look. I did not follow the correct format and I apologize once again for my mistake, but you seriously are being a prick about it all.

Nice cherry picking.

No, you didn't just say "Ok, I'll go read the rules." and leave it at that. You tried to kiss ass to make it all better and kept fighting to prove me wrong, or at the very least make sure you got the last word in.

You kept trying to win.

And you know what, this has gone down exactly as I predicted it would. Right down to the angry multiposting after you declared you were done here, making sure the world knew you didn't lose by letting me get the last word in.

Munaus, would a "DANCE FOR ME PUPPET! DANCE!" be too much here?

Nice cherry picking.

No, you didn't just say "Ok, I'll go read the rules." and leave it at that. You tried to kiss ass to make it all better and kept fighting to prove me wrong, or at the very least make sure you got the last word in.

You kept trying to win.

And you know what, this has gone down exactly as I predicted it would. Right down to the angry multiposting after you declared you were done here, making sure the world knew you didn't lose by letting me get the last word in.

Munaus, would a "DANCE FOR ME PUPPET! DANCE!" be too much here?

I think I came back because I knew you would say "I wouldn't have to chase you with a pitchfork if I didn't disagree with you" once I left.

You're on a power trip.

Sorry I didn't say it word for word, but it's pretty clear I apologized and clearly said I looked at the rules and would fix my mistake.

When will you admit you fantasize about killing off everyone in the world that you feel is a lesser being than you? We can replay history as much as we want but it never seems to put the final dot at the end of it's own chapters. Hitlers regime is undying I suppose.

Cherry picking? Am I not allowed to quote my own words?

Methinks you want to own the forum and have it all for yourself to dictate.

Do I entertain you? What brought you to this forum? Are you more deserving than people like Plow or Munaus or Curunir to be on this forum? Should I be immediately shot in the back of the head for disagreeing with your method?

Do you think you are God here?

This is giving me anxiety, honestly. I picture an evil little man squinting at his monitor in a dark room and picking out the weak and undeserving of the internet to kill them off with his opinionated "enforcement of forum rules" and blindfolding and killing them in any manor appealing.

Sorry, but you can't kill off all the idiots like me. I'm here to stay. You can antagonize people all you want at the end of your day but you're just drinking poison

I'm officially done. I need more antidepressants. More shit I have to deal with everywhere I go.

Edited by Teevo