Tekkit Friendly Light Lag Fix Mod

As many of you know, the nether is a huge lag fest because of the way lighting is handled. Thousands and thousands of lava and fire blocks being re-lighted makes you grind to a halt, almost making the nether unplayable. Someone recently released a mod that works client side, but it doesn't have forge compatibility. That mod can be found here: http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1238817-nether-lag-fix-client/

Any chance someone has another mod they can suggest? My boyfriend and I simply can't handle the nether the way it is and we could really use something.

EDIT: Could I get this renamed to "Tekkit Friendly Light Lag Fix Mod"?

the mod is perfect thank you for linking it. and for me it also works on a tekkit server i play with friends. i dont know why it doesnt work for you. but make sure you both copied the mod files to the minecraft jar located at ...\AppData\Roaming\.techniclauncher\tekkit\bin

not the jar in the normal .minecraft folder

altough everyone has to have the mod installed individually

I will be testing th--IS THAT A GIRL?

*ahem* So I'll test this out on a test server. Also get the NoLagg plugin, it will fix the common problem of overflowing pipes by stacking together items of the same kind that are close by. Config it first, it's got several different methods of lag reduction that you might or might not want.

IS THAT A GIRL???

EDIT:

Crashy crashy. I put this in modpack.jar and my client crashed when connecting to a server. There's already an xd.class file in there...

Try not copying the xd.class file then, just add the others. If barg got it to work by stuffing it in minecraft.jar then the one in modpack.jar is overwriting the modded one on his machine. If that still works, then it's not strictly necessary.

Also, "OMG GURL! WOO-MAN! WOO-MAN! WOMAN!" act is stupid and insulting.

Try not copying the xd.class file then, just add the others. If barg got it to work by stuffing it in minecraft.jar then the one in modpack.jar is overwriting the modded one on his machine. If that still works, then it's not strictly necessary.

Also, "OMG GURL! WOO-MAN! WOO-MAN! WOMAN!" act is stupid and insulting.

That's what I was thinking too; he's installing it like a vanilla mod. I'm not gonna bother anymore. NoLagg does the trick most of the time and I have a beast of a machine.

Also, don't be a white knight. You know you feel the same way inside.

I will be testing th--IS THAT A GIRL?

*ahem* So I'll test this out on a test server. Also get the NoLagg plugin, it will fix the common problem of overflowing pipes by stacking together items of the same kind that are close by. Config it first, it's got several different methods of lag reduction that you might or might not want.

IS THAT A GIRL???

EDIT:

Crashy crashy. I put this in modpack.jar and my client crashed when connecting to a server. There's already an xd.class file in there...

yeah, dont put it in the modpack.jar. but only in the minecraft.jar my mistake also. had to redownload it.

yeah, dont put it in the modpack.jar. but only in the minecraft.jar my mistake also. had to redownload it.

Tekkit just replaces everything from minecraft.jar. ;_;

Can you confirm that it works with just the other file? Just because it doesn't crash doesn't mean it's having any effect... :P

Also, don't be a white knight. You know you feel the same way inside.

Half the moderators here are female and I've got more female friends online than you'll ever have with an attitude like yours. I met my wife online as well.

It wasn't funny in the mid 90's, and it sure as hell didn't get better with age.

Half the moderators here are female and I've got more female friends online than you'll ever have with an attitude like yours. I met my wife online as well.

It wasn't funny in the mid 90's, and it sure as hell didn't get better with age.

Wait, why is showing excitement for someone's presence taken as an insult? And I didn't know that fact about the mods' demographics. I thought we were all dorky boys with no lives... This changes everything. Either way I didn't mean it as an insult. @Rarity, we are all graced by your presence. <3

The fact you didn't think it was insulting speaks wonders of your maturity.

>grown up married man

>arguing on the internet

>calling others immature

>mfw

yao-ming-meme.jpg

I'm done here, bro. Let's stop now before we get kellered for derailing a thread into a feminism debate. Ciao. :)

...Not what I expected. Regardless, the author of said mod says it is not forge compatible so I will take his word on it and avoid using it for now. I am not familiar with mods, but I suggested my boyfriend install this NoLagg mod you guys mentioned. Unfortunately, it did not seem to solve our problem in the Nether. I will continue to seek other things, but I appreciate all the comments. Since the lighting fixes are pushed back to 1.4 this; now more than ever is really important to increasing functionality in Minecraft.

>grown up married man

>arguing on the internet

>calling others immature

>mfw

I'm done here, bro. Let's stop now before we get kellered for derailing a thread into a feminism debate. Ciao. :)

You joined in april, how the hell can you not know these things by now?

You fucked up, tried to blow off the person calling you on it, and are now insulting me and trying to get me to stop by claiming I'll get kellered for doing it.

Little tip for you little shit, if a pony avatar and "I'm a girl" is enough to send your blood flow to the wrong head then you need to put the fucking keyboard down and go socialize with some real human beings.

Dear lord that image is annoying...

NoLagg was mentioned. Really ... DONT GET THAT! If thinking of it, instead upgrade the serverbuild to CB++, Nolagg makes MORE issues in the long run that it solves!

Interesting. Can you explain what CraftBukkit++ Is and how this effects lighting? I checked out the forums for it, and I am not sure I understand how this works.

I havent notice it in regards of sorting the nether, but in regards of Nolagg, if someone has a leaky machine near, they cant drop items, they, for the player vanish due to the max amount of items pr x chunk is reached. CB++ does kinda the same, but it also stacks items alot better as "they drop".

CB++ is basicly CB, that cuts corners to reduce lag. Like, slower treegrow, better mob management etc.

We used Nolagg, to prevent lagissues. It helped us just in the beginning (2-3 days) then we reverted back to the same old lagissues. After using CB++, we over doubled our TPS and we still havent tweaked it to suit our needs.

Hmmm... I might ask the author for the source and compile it for Forge. But I don't promise anything here, so don't ask if/when it's ready. Maybe I don't even get the source or it's too much work. Who knows. I just saw that the author wrote an offer on the page to send the source if someone asks it in a PM.

I have a little update about the Nether lag fix. ATM, I have the source on my harddrive.... I looked at the code and the changes are minimal, so there is a good chance that I can port this to Forge! I'm going to try it tonight or else tomorrow night. Stay tuned for the second update, where I'll admit it is a failure OR that's it's successfully ported. Who knows. I'm gonna try to do my best, 'cause I remember how laggy the Nether was for me back when I had a crappy PC. That said, I'm not sure if I can test the fix if it really works because my machine runs on decent speed anyway. We'll see.

I have ported it to be compatible with the newest Forge. It's on the Minecraft forum thread of this mod now. Sorry for the delay. Busy week, social life, etc....... Anyway, it is obvious that Tekkit uses an older version of Forge. If anyone who knows the correct version of Forge in Tekkit 3 recommended version, please tell me. I'll compile it once again, special for Tekkit.