S0u13at3r

Hey, 

I created a reactor with the mod Big Reactors, filled it with this cryogen stuff and connected this one with a turbine. But my reactor always goes crazy with a temperature of 3-5k+ and produces only a max. of 120mB/T and I don´t know how I should be able to rise it.. 

Long time ago I built reactors + turbines and produced a lot more steam, water and of cause more energy, but now I feel like an absolut noob.. 

I even built a reactor as shown in a youtube video but I never get above those 120mB/T even if my reactor is bigger than you would ever be able to build in survival..

Hope that someone can help me.

• Moderators

How big a reactor? How big a turbine? Is the turbine directly attached to the reactor, or are you using fluid ducts or tesseracts to move steam and return water? Fluid ducts do have limits. and it is quite low. 

Edited by AetherPirate

The last reactor I tested was 11x11 blocks with 4 fuel rods inside cooled with cryogen and graphite blocks. I used fluiducts to move and return steam/water. So may it be possible that the limit for fluiducts is 120mB/T? Guess I will test it out in a few minutes, but the reactor also says that he only produces 120mB/T.

#Edit: Even with tesseracts the reactor still produces only 120mB/T so it´s not a problem of transportation..

Edited by S0u13at3r

• Moderators

How big is the turbine? Can it accept more than 120 steam?

if it seems to be setup right, but still acts odd, break the turbine and reactor and let them re-form. 

Make sure your reactor is getting enough water too. 

Edited by AetherPirate

I´m pretty shure, that the turbine should be able to accept a lot more than 120mB/T of steam. 
Also I changed a few blocks, such as the controller and made the turbine 1 block bigger, but it´s still not working..

Made a few screenshots, maybe you see something that I´m not able to see, cause of the long time I wasn´t using this mod.

http://www.directupload.net/file/d/3966/agkscezp_png.htm
http://www.directupload.net/file/d/3966/5ktopgjh_png.htm
http://www.directupload.net/file/d/3966/m4h7qjbj_png.htm

Problem solved.. Those fluiducts are pretty shit.. Totally forgot that their capacity is the same for water, so how should a reactor produce more than 120mB/T of steam when he only gets 120mB/T of water.. 
Thanks for the help! 

Edited by S0u13at3r

You need to make a closed loop. Return the steam from the turbine to the reactor.

​I´m a bit confused right now.. So I should add a third input/output for the turbine? The first input is clearly for the steam, the first output is used for the water to pump it into the reactor and now I should add a second output for the steam aswell? 

Okay, I guess I´ll give up ^^
It worked and I was able to rise my mB/T of steam, but I´m not able to give enough water to the reactor. Even a small 7x7 Reactor can´t be supplyed with 6 Transfer Node´s that are filled with 4x64 Speed Upgrades.. 

Even 12 of them filled with 4x64 Speed Upgrades aren´t able to get my temperature under 3,5k (core and casing). - Still tested with a 7x7 Reactor.

Edited by S0u13at3r