A new Idea for the Technic team! Technic team please read!!

Hey technic I was wondering and had a pondering thought that I know how you guys can get some money! I thought about if you guys made a strategy guide for Technic launcer!! For all the mods you have on your launcher you should make a strategy guide for all of them and sell it for some profit and share it with the modders if you wanted to i'm just throwing an idea out there. I'm still learning how this all works and I would love buy a strategy guide about all this new stuff and I know people learn it. But if you put all the new mod items in there and what they all do and what they are used for and how are they used for and how to make it and where to get it in order to make it and how far down of a level you need to be to find it and how rare it is and how much of it you can get. I'm just saying that you can make some profit off of it and I really think that the modders would actually get in on this. No one is talking about this so I hope you read this and I hope you take it into consideration on talking about and maybe make it. Cause i'm a go to guy and I can throw some ideas out their for you cause i'm super creative and have a lot of ideas. Well thank you for making Technic Launcher I love it so much I just hope you take the idea for some thought. You guys are the best!

The Technic Team probably could make money if they wanted to. But they don't, they pay for it all out of their own pockets and they don't take donations. So I'd imagine that they aren't interested in making money or a strategy guide. I understand you have good intentions and all, but next time, just read around. Make sure you aren't saying something that may make you look stupid or check to make sure your information is correct.

Oh, and yes, they have a donations page, but donations go to the modders, not the team themselves.

All i'm saying is that their could be a change and yes I know about the donation page i'm not stupid and yes I know they pay for things out of their pocket but its an idea not a demand. And didn't you read? I said if they sell strategy guides they can give some of the profit to the modders. I didn't say keep it for themselves I didn't say that at all. And why would I read around? this is a off topic post and not something serious. So I don't know why your on here telling me this useless info.

If you knew they didn't take donations and they weren't interested in money, why did you post this at all? I'm fairly sure SpaceToad did something like this idea before, and they're busily mocking it elsewhere in the forums.

Edit: I understand you want to make money for the Technic Team and the Modders, to show your appreciation, but there are plenty of free guides out there already and selling one would probably do little for their reputation.

Also I don't mean to sound hostile, I'm just weighing in on this.

Second Edit: NightKev corrected my mistake, I mixed up SpaceToad and CovertJaguar.

I didn't say they weren't interested in money i said i knew about them paying for their own stuff I never said anything about them not interested. I'm just letting a new idea out their for them to try out and I didn't know there are strategy guides out their I wouldn't think anyone made any for minecraft at all thats why i'm going to technic with. And it might bring their reputation up if they sold it in a gamestop if it hit a high enough rate and a high amount of sells they could get gamestop later down the road about it. And if you talking about Wiki guides they suck I tried understanding what they are saying and I can't understand this half the time its just annoying and frustrating that I can't figure how to use the items on the new mods because its so hard to learn them.

I didn't know there are strategy guides out their

Well, there's YouTube. direwolf20 has fairly informative guides, Yogscastlalna has somewhat informative guides put in layman's terms. We have a whole Let's Play Pavillion with Tutorial Videos (Although their quality I am unsure of, because I have not watched a single one! :) ).

it might bring their reputation up

It would get them publicity, yes, but it wouldn't necessarily increase their reputation. There are lots of Kellers and children out there who hate the Technic Team already because they came here, all self-entitled, demanding help, recognition, to have their hands held, whatever, who would go absolutely insane if the Technic Team sold anything.

I mean physical strategy guides. Where its in your hands and what not. No one has made a physical strategy guide for minecraft and i'm thinking about starting and getting help from the people who made the mods for technic launcher to help me out of how to make and how ts used and what not for each item and do a lot of research and make my own then. I have connections with gamestop owners where I live and I'll just make my own and if anyone can beat me to it then thats fine with me because its called life and life does that. Well i'm just trying to help technic and when they get a chance to read this for themselves and if they take it into consideration they have my email info and I can get them hooked up with that but i'm done talking here its to late to keep this going at this time of night.

Well, good luck to you but I just don't see the point in owning or paying for a strategy guide for a game on the computer you need an internet connection to begin playing, with (Literally) hundreds of free guides out there.

getting help from the people who made the mods for technic launcher

As for that part, I wish you a lot of luck. So much in fact I'm going to steal a little for myself. Thanks.

Some of the original modders (Thaumcraft 2 I'm looking at you) refuse to tell anything about their mods or anything like that, because it would ruin the 'mystery' of figuring the mod out.

You really need to use more periods in your sentences buddy. Yikes...

As for the strategy guide, you would need express written permission from every single modder who's mods are included in the pack, as well as permission from the members of the Technic team and Mojang just to be able to produce it. In addition I doubt the Technic pack is popular enough that GameStop would agree to carry it. Even if you have "connections", the people who work behind the counter have little to no say in what goes onto the shelves and even the managers would be unlikely to have the power to add it to the shelves.

I doubt it'd matter if he were on the board of the whole company; the Technic Pack is popular, but definitely not that popular.

I think of this way: The Technic Pack is somewhat well-known in the Minecraft community. The Minecraft community is a fraction of mainstream gamers, and while most people have heard of and/or played Minecraft, most haven't heard of the Technic Pack.

Mainsteam Gaming > Minecraft > Mods > Technic Pack

A fraction of a fraction of a fraction of the whole doesn't necessarily equal popularity in the whole. It can be, but it is rare.

One could even go farther to put

All Games > Computer Games > Indie Games > Minecraft > Mods > Mod Packs > Technic Pack

• Forum Administrators

That combined with the fact that profiting from Mojang and other modder's work without their permission is illegal and immoral

Here just click this here adf.ly link for me....

Lets argue about stupid things that don't matter! :toot:

You really need to use more periods in your sentences buddy. Yikes...

As for the strategy guide, you would need express written permission from every single modder who's mods are included in the pack, as well as permission from the members of the Technic team and Mojang just to be able to produce it. In addition I doubt the Technic pack is popular enough that GameStop would agree to carry it. Even if you have "connections", the people who work behind the counter have little to no say in what goes onto the shelves and even the managers would be unlikely to have the power to add it to the shelves.

And and and...you need a permit of legalness, and and and, a permission from every US senator, and and and, a note from your doctor, and oh you need the signature of everyone in Sweden oh an a kiss from the president!!!!!!!!

• Forum Administrators

Lets argue about stupid things that don't matter! :toot:

And and and...you need a permit of legalness, and and and, a permission from every US senator, and and and, a note from your doctor, and oh you need the signature of everyone in Sweden oh an a kiss from the president!!!!!!!!

I thought you were the president! This is immoral!!!!!

Strategy guide isn't needed.

Kaker hacked paypal so it skims half of all donations to the modders for himself.

He's also making $1.30 per hundred views of the webpage.

And the client is written to fake an ad click, netting him another buck every time you start the launcher.

Not the mention the launcher harvests your minecraft account for nefarious purposes.

And finally he's the owner of the hosting company, so the hosting fees he pays to himself.

I didn't know any of this until the pleasant chaps over in the IC2 forums clued me in. Kaker is making cash hand over fist with this place.

Probably already having problems sitting in that second helipad at his next mansion for the week.

kaker spends most of his time in a room dedicated to technic, with monitors lining the walls and computers spraying bills out of their disk drives from all his illicit operations.

The monitors and disk drives are, of course, specially designed to look like ComputerCraft monitors and disk drives.

Would a kiss from five vice presidents do? They supposedly pawn for about the same amount, depending on the end approval ratings of the president/vices.

It's not the same really but maybe the grand council of what is allowed and what is not allowed will accept it. Former presidents are also acceptable, but you have to get in line for Clinton.