Has the Nether screwed you royal before?

Lothos

ok, so I tried this method to move the portal. It generated a brand new portal in the overworld about 20 blocks north of the second screwup but on the surface ( layer 64) as opposed to layer 40. It's still 200 blocks away from my base's portal :( Maybe it just doesn't like my first portal.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Take the coords of the nether-side portal, multiply them by 8 and make sure, that your overworld-base portal is closer than 128 blocks at both X and Z to the calculated coordinate (And make sure, that your overworld portal is below Y=128). Remove the other overworld portal.

well, i haven't bothered yet for attempt 4 since the current new portal it made in the overworld is precisely where it should be for the gate in the nether. i'm in the process of making a new expansion to my base to house a gate. i'll just have to see where this gate should generate once i'm done and see what caused all this mess in the first place.

As My Name Suggests, I Am The King Of The Nether, Always Finding A Way To Make A perfect Spawn/ Portal Placement.

My Tactic Is have Your portal Face North, As this Works For Some odd Reason.. No Trees, Just a flat plain.Make Sure it is about 10 blocks underground...

This Has Always Been My Tactic, And It Has Never Failed Me. Just Remember To Go In With Iron Or Better Armor. And Make Sure You Have About 5 Stacks Of cobble to Make A Defense. And Maybe a Couple Of Stacks of Arrows And A Bow.. That Always Seems to Help. Other Then that... Enjoy..

Oye, nether_king, just because lothos doesn't use capital letters doesn't mean you have to make up for it.

And your tips are helpful, but doesn't really make you the king of the nether. I have my turtle minions lay out grand hallways across the vast lava oceans of the nether just to get me to a small glowstone deposit and I still don't consider myself more than nether minister, possibly governor.

True nether royalty doesn't dirty their hands with peasant work, they delegate.

What's the hack?

Because frankly while capitalizing every letter that comes after a space is realtively easy, you aren't consistent.

My Tactic Is have Your portal Face North, As this Works For Some odd Reason.. No Trees, Just a flat plain.Make Sure it is about 10 blocks underground..."

So either you have a very sophisticated "hack" capable of determining random words and whole sentences not to capitalize.

Or you're bullshitting a mod in an attempt to keep up your annoying habit without punishment.

I'd drop $20 on Bullshitting, but with these odds the payout would only be $0.53

My friend had the ground blown out beneath them while they had full Diamond Armour by a Ghast. They fell into lava.

Also,

*Is playing SimpleOres*

*Grabs 4 Onyx*

*Sees more Onyx*

*Lag spike*

*Sees a frame with no ground underneath*

(Censored)

I remember one time I went to the nether and the portal was floating above a lava lake with nothing else around like a bastard. And of course I get lag spikes whenever I first go into the nether and I went right into the lava with a bunch of good stuff. Good times

I dunno... I'm usually pretty well off in the Nether, although my current map I spawned on an island almost entirely comprised of floating gravel, which quickly fell and left me with like 4 blocks of netherrack... anyway, I was (sort of :P) near some land, so I made a one-block wide bridge out of several stacks of cobble... (I said sort of, right?) anyway, the nether is like karma. It's not very hospitable. And it's worse, cause it also rests on bad luck and random computer generation. Ugh, i remember once there was no glowstone or soul sand for like 5 kilometers.....