Is Tekkit (as a whole) Dead?

Himbithious

I remember when Tekkit Lite first came out, and everyone was sketchy about it because it had no EE2, but it had EE3, which was basically nothing. I remember being told that they were planning to fix it and bring it out on the next version of Tekkit (> . <). Although when Tekkit (Space) came out, most of the gaming community that I knew were extremely disappointed, not only because they didn't include a fix for EE2 to be in the next upgrade after TL like they promised, but they removed IC2 as well. 

So my question to you is, after the developers saying one thing but doing another, as well as removing mods like EE2 and IC2 Which were in it from day one, Do you think Tekkit as a whole is in decline and ready to be buried?

• Moderators

short answer: no

long answer: do a proper research and stop listening to cry-babies. IC2 and EE2 were dropped because the mod authors - alblaka and xenophobe - stopped developing their mods. there was nothing Technic team could do then drop those dead horses.

Thermal expansion does everything IC2 did and much more.

Big Reactors mod replaces IC2's nuclear reactor

EE3 is pahimar's vision of how EE can be evolved to something new.

this has also been discussed multiple times for years. mods change and modpacks change. Get with the times

Addendum to long answer:
Before you jump to shout that IC2 isn't dead: yes it is.

It's just a barely animated zombie of a mod, with minimal development being done to it (unless you think making it more tedious is development. But that's just a branch of the various versions of the zombie IC2, if I recall correctly).
As Munaus said: Thermal Expansion and Big Reactors together equals Industrial Craft 3000. (Because everything is better when it's a thousand. :D)

I remember being told that they were planning to fix it and bring it out on the next version of Tekkit (> . <). Although when Tekkit (Space) came out, most of the gaming community that I knew were extremely disappointed, not only because they didn't include a fix for EE2 to be in the next upgrade after TL like they promised, but they removed IC2 as well.

The people that told you that Technic promised a "fix" to bring EE2 to 1.5.x were either misinformed or flat out lying. I don't recall the Technic team making any such promise, and I can't find any evidence of such a thing.

On a personal level, I was happy to see IC2 and EE2 go - they were fun while they lasted, but it was time to move on.

Wow.

Came back after half a year to find Tekkit still not updated at all.

Has Hexxit even been converted over yet?  Tekkit was supposed to come after it last I heard.

I'd consider a full year without updates to be dead.  It's almost been nearly a year since 1.8 was released too, and this pack still isn't even on 1.7.

Is there any official word on the status of Tekkit's 'development'?

Guys, IC2 experimental is quite actively being developed.... The last update was August 5th... And although it is glitchy, it is still for all intents and purposes, alive and functional....

"Alive" much in the way a zombie is.

Wow.

Came back after half a year to find Tekkit still not updated at all.

Has Hexxit even been converted over yet?  Tekkit was supposed to come after it last I heard.

I'd consider a full year without updates to be dead.  It's almost been nearly a year since 1.8 was released too, and this pack still isn't even on 1.7.

Is there any official word on the status of Tekkit's 'development'?

A new pack is about to be released, with updates to Hexxit and Tekkit occurring some time afterwards. They were supposed to be released earlier this summer but things happened and they got delayed.

"Alive" much in the way a zombie is.

Definition of zombie:
a person who is or appears lifeless, apathetic, or completely unresponsive to their surroundings.

The pack is often being updated. So, it isnt unresponsive. Nor is it lifeless. Apathetic, maybe. But definitely not the other two

I think you're taking me far too literally. Let me go find a better version of the analogy I used before... ah, here it is.

"Modern IndustrialCraft is what happens when the doctors try to save the year-old cadaver by giving it to the mad scientist down the road."