The forbidden subject...

VideoBoy

I have only had one hacked client ever join. I know the client, but as a server owner, I REFUSE to share with anyone. It was pretty obvious that he was hacking, when half the players are saying it in chat, and when he just joins for the first time, he is flying. You would think hackers are a bit smarter then that, no?

Only x-ray really, but it's not difficult to track them down.

Most Tekkit servers have EE on so it's not hard to get diamonds legitimately. Even without EE, just setup a cobble farm with recyclers and scrapboxes and you've got exponentially infinite diamonds. I'm not saying xray should be excused, but I'm more worried about flying and PvP hacks.

Most Tekkit servers have EE on so it's not hard to get diamonds legitimately. Even without EE, just setup a cobble farm with recyclers and scrapboxes and you've got exponentially infinite diamonds. I'm not saying xray should be excused, but I'm more worried about flying and PvP hacks.

Exponentially? You're using this word, but I'm not sure you know what it means.

Exponentially? You're using this word, but I'm not sure you know what it means.

-_-

Small scrapbox factory with MV solarpanel -> free materials out of thin air -> upgrade to HV solar panel -> more free materials -> add another solar panel -> even more free materials -> add another solar panel -> even more free materials -> add another solar panel -> even more free materials -> add another solar panel -> even more free materials -> add another solar panel -> even more free materials -> add another solar panel -> even more free materials

Exponential growth. Specially if any extra power not used to burn cobble into scrap goes to a mass fabricator which makes even more materials. XD

-_-

Small scrapbox factory with MV solarpanel -> free materials out of thin air -> upgrade to HV solar panel -> more free materials -> add another solar panel -> even more free materials -> add another solar panel -> even more free materials -> add another solar panel -> even more free materials -> add another solar panel -> even more free materials -> add another solar panel -> even more free materials -> add another solar panel -> even more free materials

Exponential growth. Specially if any extra power not used to burn cobble into scrap goes to a mass fabricator which makes even more materials. XD

You want to play this game? Alright.

I said your system isn't exponential, not that it isn't expendable. Almost every factory is expendable, whether it be a diamond, UU-matter, cobble of cake factory. Like you said, you just have to add components to augment the output. However, this is not an exponential system.

Here is a graphic of the output of your factory.

chute_libre_VV_H.gif

Simple enough, is it? The Y would be the output, and the X, the quantity of components, IE HV solar panels and recyclers. Every time you add a panel and a bunch of recycler, the X go farther right, and the Y further up, regularly, the more components, the more output of materials. This is not exponential growth. This is a linear curve, a linear system, an expendable factory.

Here is an exponential curve.

exponential-curve.gif

If your factory corresponded to this system, the first time you added a solar panel and a recycler, you'd have an output of one. The second, an output of 2. The third, an output of four. And it goes on, 8, 16, 32, 64, (Those are sample numbers) the output being bigger and bigger compared to the quantity of components. But this is not the case here, since a certain quantity of panels/recyclers correspond to a regular output. I don't really have an example of exponential factory on the top of my head, but I think it might be possible using frames and such to have a self-growing factory.

I said your system isn't exponential, not that it isn't expendable. Almost every factory is expendable, whether it be a diamond, UU-matter, cobble of cake factory. Like you said, you just have to add components to augment the output. However, this is not an exponential system.

chute_libre_VV_H.gif

Simple enough, is it? The Y would be the output, and the X, the quantity of components, IE HV solar panels and recyclers. Every time you add a panel and a bunch of recycler, the X go farther right, and the Y further up, regularly, the more components, the more output of materials. This is not exponential growth. This is a linear curve, a linear system, an expendable factory.

exponential-curve.gif

If your factory corresponded to this system, the first time you added a solar panel and a recycler, you'd have an output of one. The second, an output of 2. The third, an output of four. And it goes on, 8, 16, 32, 64, (Those are sample numbers) the output being bigger and bigger compared to the quantity of components. But this is not the case here, since a certain quantity of panels/recyclers correspond to a regular output. I don't really have an example of exponential factory on the top of my head, but I think it might be possible using frames and such to have a self-growing factory.

hes right....

chute_libre_VV_H.gif

exponential-curve.gif

*speechless*

You have earned 1 internet for that analysis, sir. XD

chute_libre_VV_H.gif

exponential-curve.gif

Wow. I never thought I'd find an application for algebra in real life (outside of school), much less in a computer game about placing blocks.

*speechless*

You have earned 1 internet for that analysis, sir. XD

Thank you very much, and have a fine day, fellow sir.

Wow. I never thought I'd find an application for algebra in real life (outside of school), much less in a computer game about placing blocks.

To be honest, me neither. :D

It IS an exponential growth.

First I have one solar panel and one recycler. After X minutes I get enough materials for antoher solar and recycler and place them down. But then after X minutes I get materials for two solars and recyclers, because my production is doubled! And now I have doubled it again. And after placing those two, after X minutes I get enough items for four solars and recyclers.

Linear growth would mean that I increase my production by a static number of solars/recycler every X minutes. But because my factory produces even more solars/recyclers after I upgrade it, speed of upgrading increases.

Back to topic - I hope nobody here thinks that because tekkit is custom, it does not mean that hacked clients are harder to get. But I would only be worried about griefing clients like ones that can break shitload of torches in one second or change signs or something. Flying and X-ray both have legit alternative, so you do not gain much by using it.

That's not xray, thatvjust tells you what ores are in the area, you still have to find them by your self.

That's the closest legit alternative I can think of, I don't see what he could have been talking about other than those.

chute_libre_VV_H.gif

exponential-curve.gif

Please do us all a favor and retake algebra. In any proper graph, the X axis represents TIME. The Y axis would represent the output. For example, a Mark three collector is capable of producing another mark three collector roughly every five hours, or near eneough to be irrelavent. Okay, lets look at a table

time(In five hour increments) Mark three collectors

1 1

2 2

3 4

4 8

5 16

6 32

7 64

8 128

9 256

10 512

Every five hours, each running collector produces another collector. Every five hours, the number of collectors doubles. That is about the simplest exponential equation.