Permission to integrate Tekkit logo into our original logo.

Tenebrae

Hello people from Technic!

This is just a small thing, and I couldn't really find out who to contact about this, so I decided to post on here.

Our community, WinDooM (Known for the Windoom SMP server), has recently opened a Tekkit server, the thread can be found here: http://www.planetminecraft.com/server/tekkit-graylist-windoom-tekkit/

Now it would be nice if we could merge the Tekkit Logo into our own logo to make clear that server is a Tekkit one, it would look pretty nice and professional as well. So I'm here to ask permission for doing that :)

This is what we had in mind:

header.png

I'm basically asking if we could use this instead of the original logo for our advertisement threads like the one at PMC, because they tend to dislike unoriginal content being used in threads without any permissions.

Hope to hear a response soon!

The reason you shouldn't sign your posts is becuase

a) It says in the rules to not sign your posts

2) Your name is literally 2 inches to the left, as well as at the bottom of your post.

Thank you for clarifying, I see now, it will be changed asap.

I suggest you go read the rules.

Will do that, don't get me wrong, I'm not a troublemaker.

Jay? is a moderator. She/he/they/it did not report your post. They gave you a warning for not reading the rules. I suggest reading them, as double posting is also against the rules.

There was a slight misunderstanding then.

I would prefer this to go on-topic again, I don't want to spend all the time arguing about the rules, just wanted to ask a question.

Does anybody perhaps know how I can contact the author/owner of the Tekkit logo so I may ask him/her personally?

Your looking for one of the admins then, most likely cheapshot or kakermix. Admins have a red name, and enjoy mocking idiots. You'll know one if you see one. Trust me.

Edit: The rules here are a lot stricter and more heavily enforced here than at Planet Minecraft or the MC Forums, so you can't get by with not reading the rules. You seem like a nice, seni-intelligent person, but over here, you can't get away with the same shit that you do on PMC or MCF. So, as has been said before many times, read the rules, or get bent.

Edit: The rules here are a lot stricter and more heavily enforced here than at Planet Minecraft or the MC Forums, so you can't get by with not reading the rules. You seem like a nice, seni-intelligent person, but over here, you can't get away with the same shit that you do on PMC or MCF. So, as has been said before many times, read the rules, or get bent.

Says the Pink Keller...

I have learned from my mistakes oh great viking hacker! Never again shall I use my dark powers of Necromancy to bring a long dead thread back from the grave!

You asked for it. Didn't you essentially flaunt your rule breaking by saying "Hey wonder what will happen if i necro this thread!? Herp Derp"

You asked for it. Didn't you essentially flaunt your rule breaking by saying "Hey wonder what will happen if i necro this thread!? Herp Derp"

Well..yes... but I did find out what would happen. (On a technicality, Necroing is not against the rules, but necroing without adding anything to the thread is. I disn't dd anything to that thread, which is why I got kellered.)

Well..yes... but I did find out what would happen. (On a technicality, Necroing is not against the rules, but necroing without adding anything to the thread is. I disn't dd anything to that thread, which is why I got kellered.)

so, you've essentially hijacked this thread, showing that you once again have not learned your lesson?

so, you've essentially hijacked this thread, showing that you once again have not learned your lesson?

Um, no? It was the viking hacker, I swear!

(Being serious though, the OP's question was answered, so really there is no thread to hijack, as it has served it's purpose. I wouldn't "hijack" a live thread. Or a dead thread for that matter. Hijacking would be someone just randomly popping on and saying "Hey! i don't care what this thread is really about, but I want you to pay attention to me!". what I have done is get into a short (three posts) discussion with Jorcer about why I got kellered,something he brought up. so go away YouTube troll.)

Am I the only one who noticed this?

I'm basically asking if we could use this instead of the original logo for our advertisement threads like the one at PMC, because they tend to dislike unoriginal content being used in threads without any permissions.

So what he's basically saying is that they dislike piracy at Planet Minecraft, but they allow it. am I the only one who thinks that's a little screwed up?

I don't think just slapping on the Tekkit logo looks good anyways. It doesn't fit the theme of it, in my opinion. I would suggest making your own Tekkit addition to the logo (Or a new logo altogether for the Tekkit server) that has a theme that all matches.

Also, I don't even wanna talk about PMC, but using unoriginal content without permission in a thread isn't exactly piracy seen as piracy in their minds since they're not paying for it - they're just ready to pounce on anyone without forty pages of permissions and a license restricting others from touching anything even if those people have permissions.

Um, no? It was the viking hacker, I swear!

(Being serious though, the OP's question was answered, so really there is no thread to hijack, as it has served it's purpose. I wouldn't "hijack" a live thread. Or a dead thread for that matter. Hijacking would be someone just randomly popping on and saying "Hey! i don't care what this thread is really about, but I want you to pay attention to me!". what I have done is get into a short (three posts) discussion with Jorcer about why I got kellered,something he brought up. so go away YouTube troll.)

Hey you're un-kellered!